• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which game has the best gameplay ?

• Nioh

Votes: 38 17.9%
  • Darksouls

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 78 36.8%
  • Sekiro

Votes: 67 31.6%

• Total voters

LocoRoco

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
which one has the best combat and why ?

Nioh for me has the best gameplay, the variety of weapons, the speed, the pacing, skills, everything imo makes nioh the best one of those.

Last edited:

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Best gameplay in terms of what? It's vague and can change depending on what you mean.
If it's combat, I'd put Nioh first for example, but not necessarily first overall. DaS and BB are similar in most ways, but also have differences.
Sekiro is a lot more streamlined compared to those 3.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Gotta give it to Sekiro.
Nioh is probably the best at core gameplay, but it's bogged down by too many silly mechanics.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
and why ?

Nioh for me has the best gameplay, the variety of weapons, the speed, the pacing, skills, everything imo makes nioh the best one of those.

The reason why Nioh is NOT my pick is because even though it has all that, it has rather crappy, repeated levels and low enemy variety and most of its bosses don't match From Software's. The loot and upgrade system is also a pile of crap.

I vote for Bloodborne because it does so many things right. Fantastic art style, mostly great level design, compelling combat with enough weapon variety to make it very replayable, great variety of enemies and incredible bosses. My only complaints are that it's not on PC, it has framerate issues and the Chalice Dungeons are a drag and only worth playing for the unique bosses.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
It's pretty difficult because imo Nioh has the best combat mechanics but gameplay is not just that. Level design, encounter desing, and enemy desing it also contributes to gameplay and Bloodborne wins on most of those. Nioh's and Sekiro's enemies are pretty good but they lack in variety.

I voted Nioh because I think this is thought as a combat mechanics topic.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Nioh is the worst of those choices, I didn't really enjoy the basic combat and found it very repetitive. The others I won't pick one, I like them all for same/different reasons.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
In that poll? Nioh, free. It's by far the deepest system out of the two, the gameplay isn't perfect because level design could be better n the game needs more enemy types overall.

But the enemies it has are great, the bosses are killer, and the players options absolutely clown what From Software gives you.

There is far more to get good at with Nioh, all while still having the strengths in Neutral that The from software games have.

All time? I don't know, probably a SNK fighting game.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of the choices in the poll, I'd argue Bloodborne. Of the FromSoftware games listed, it is the least repetitive with the trick weapons and there's a real sense of impact or oomph! that the other games simply don't have. Sekiro is my least liked Souls-styled game aside from maybe Dark Souls 2 and Demon Souls because of how repetitive it plays. I'd vote;

1. Bloodborne
2. Nioh
3. Dark Souls 3
4. Sekiro

Disregarding those choices Horizon; Zero Dawn would be my overall pick for this generation. If it had the melee combat of Bloodborne, it'd be damn near perfect. But it is reminiscent of a Souls game with its emphasis on evasion.

Skyball Paint

Nov 12, 2017
Seriously speaking, Bloodborne is my favorite game to play of all of these. Nioh has the best combat, but the loot and I fucking hate it. It's exhausting just to think about

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Haven't played Sekiro so I can't vote for that at all yet.

NiOh has my favourite combat system.

Bloodborne is probably all round the best and gets my vote. The overall gothic horror themes just made exploration part much more enjoyable.

Dark Souls is a very good all rounder with better build variety than Bloodborne. Each DS game has its own strengths and part of the fun in this is to familiarise with the systems and break it apart through knowledge and understanding. Currently suffers a bit from having so many sequels but also the fact many games are taking elements from it. Gameplay mechanics that made it unique are a lot more common, sometimes maybe even done in a more interesting way.

Dark Souls series has some of my favourite locations and set pieces.

Jan 10, 2018
Nioh probably. It has the best controls and variety in weapons. Sekiro is my least favorite since the heavy focus on parrying makes it feel very one-dimensional and repetitive.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Lol the OP title is so vague.

I guess for me it's Sekiro but I prefer Bloodborne.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Dark Souls imo.

Dark Souls offered the most choice in terms of how you wanted to play and what things affected the combat.

From wearing heavier armor that slowed you down, to using shields for blocking or deciding to go light on armor/no shield and be a dodge master, it let you, the player, decide HOW to play.

This was something they greatly took away in Bloodborne.

Sekiro, much like Bloodborne, focuses more on the action/dodging, though they have the "tool" system it feels woefully underused when it comes to combat and fighting outside of specific niche uses.

Nioh I never really played so I didn't feel fair to rate it.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
F. E. A. R.?ninja gaiden? Nfs hot pursuit? Splinter cell chaos theory? Idk

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Voted for Bloodborne but if we're talking in general I have to pick a Nintendo game (Super Mario Odissey? Splatoon? Metroid Zero Mission?) or maybe Super Meat Boy.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Splatoon.
It just feels right to swim in ink and shoot. Plus how the aesthetics complement the interaction.

But if it's only between the choices in the poll, dunno.

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
Out of those Dark Souls provides the most varied amount of styles to play as, I feel both Bloodbourne and Sekiro force you to play a certain way. So I voted for Dark Souls.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Nioh has the best combat system of the generation thus far. It falters in other areas compared to it's competitors but it's combat superiority is clear.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Mario series 2D/3D
Zelda series (usually)
Halo
F-Zero GX
Bayonetta series
DMC series (usually)
Marvel Vs Capcom series
Street fighter series

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
Of the games in the poll, NioH easily. It's not my favorite of the games mentioned at all but the gameplay is simply better.