• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which game has the best gameplay ?

• Nioh

Votes: 38 17.9%
  • Darksouls

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 78 36.8%
  • Sekiro

Votes: 67 31.6%

• Total voters

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
The answer is Nioh and anyone who says anything else is just plain wrong. Best combat in any game ever.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love all of those games. It's not a competition, of course; they each occupy enough of a space of their own that they can all exist side-by-side.

While Nioh's combat is ostensibly deeper, and Souls/Bloodborne offer more 'options', Sekiro feels like it is in another league to me.

Sekiro's combat is fast, fluid, tactical and, most of all, tactile in a very 'real' way that the other's don't quite match. What it does, it does so fucking right. It is lean in comparison to the others, sure, but I find it never less than compelling.

The inversion of defence and offence means you're always on the attack, which gives a (hyper-)real sense of sword combat. That back and forth of battle is always tense and the deathblows that punctuate battle are thoroughly satisfying moments (as well as a moment to consider your next move or, later on, launch another attack).

The speedy pre-battle stealth isn't far off from what imagined the original MGR would have as its foundation. Yeah, it's not remotely deep, but it feels great grappling around picking off five mooks without a breath in-between.

It's just a really well made game.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
Bloodborne >= Sekiro > Dark Souls >>> Nioh.

Nioh might have the "deepest" combat of the bunch but I find it incredibly unfun to actually play. The level design is mediocre and the enemies and bosses are terrible. None of the weapons I used felt good. Meanwhile I could pick up literally any weapon in a Souls game or Bloodborne and have a great time.

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
I think Bloodborne fans blindly vote for it as the best anything. I should know, I'm one of them.