• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which is worse?

• Watching people play games instead of playing it yourself.

Votes: 494 60.6%
  • Hearing people read you a book instead of reading it yourself.

Votes: 73 9.0%
  • Eating In-N-Out instead of Shake Shack.

Votes: 248 30.4%

• Total voters
Oct 28, 2017
I've never understood how someone wouldn't be bored to death watching someone else play a game, but I've also always considered audio books to be 'cheating'. Something about earning your stripes, I guess. I also shovel snow despite having access to a blower.

One of my best friends watches game streams, and listens to audio books.. He disgusts me.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
There are all kind of let's plays or walkthroughs. Obviously you're going to watch the players whose reactions you like or you watch a walkthrough without commentary.
I am pretty sure you knew this and just pretended to be stupid. Pretending to be stupid is fun to you?

Why are you so angry? Does my opinion matter so much to you that you get tilted so easily?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Threads like these and why people point and laugh at ResetERA.

There's nothing wrong with either.

And while we're at it, both In-N-Out and Shake Shack are overrated.

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
I voted watching videogames, but it's subjective. Imagine watching videos to help you get better at the game. Could be solving a puzzle to help you get better or watching people play competitively.

Honestly, talking about video games is the bigger time waster. I spend more time talking about games here than playing.

In N out is overrated, and shake shack is too. The latter got an A rating for not using antibiotics, but it's over priced if you ask me.

Tiamat

Nov 16, 2017
I don't like both.
But I feel that people that are listening to book are just lazy. (Except if they blind of course)

Games can be visually attractive but I understand some people don't want to invest time in it, or just don't like to play at all.
For example my girlfriend can't play horror games, they are way too stressful for her, but she loves to watch me play.
And sometimes she scares me more than the game when she reacts.

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Both of these can be accessibility options and anyone with a problem with either of them needs to back off.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Not a fan of either to be honest but it's fine. I'd rather listen to music than audio books in most occasions but I can see the appeal if you're on the road a lot. And watching someone else play games is something I don't get at all. Especially in gameplay-driven games, like, watching a complete walkthrough of a Mario game? Why? But if it makes you happy, do it.

However, I have this weird friend who watches complete walkthroughs of games, plays them a month or something after that and then complains that he doesn't like the games or simply stops playing them because he knew what was coming or some bullshit like that. Leaves me clueless what's wrong with him.