• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Char Ya Want?

• Banjo

Votes: 98 55.1%
  • Joanna Dark

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Master Chier

Votes: 56 31.5%
  • Conker

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Marcus Fenix lol

Votes: 6 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I've been thinking about this for a little bit. I think MS has some good characters under their belt that would be interesting in Smash. Conker, Banjo, Marcus Fenix(?), Joanna Dark? What you say, ERA...which character would you like to see come to Smash?

I would like to add a poll, but I've never done so and don't see the option lol.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just Banjo. No one else is nearly as popular or closely associated with Nintendo

VoltySquirrel

Oct 25, 2017
Banjo and Kazooie is the easiest answer, given the lineage with Nintendo and the varied moveset from 3 different games.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Just banjo

Everyone else is under that grey area of importance to nintendo

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I would be ok with any of them

Who would I want though?
Master Cheif and that amazing music

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Banjo is the only one I would be even slightly ok with. Anything else would be awful.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Either Banjo or Chief.

Though this type didcussion could have been had in the regular discussion thread.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Is there anyone else but Banjo really?
I mean Master Chief is popular but not a great match.
After these 2 though? Do they have any character that would work at all?

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
The fave five are clearly as follows
- Banjo Kazooie
- Master Chief
- Joanna Dark
- The dapper Hooty Fruity in my avatar
-
Bloodwake Boat

Jo would be kinda funny though since her cloaking device and mines are a part of smash item history, realistically thought the top two of my list are the only ones I'd entertain right now.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
Banjo and Joana could show up as like assist trophys or something.
I would be a little upset if they got like an actual slot that could go to a cool Nintendo character though.

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Banjo obviously, but I never get why Killer Instinct characters are never mentioned. It's very closely associated with Nintendo and is a fighting game. From that series I would pick Orchid.

I'd be fine with Chief or Steve too.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Blinx-
Blinx_120.jpg

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I want the chief. Think of the moveset, the stage potential, the samus vs chief rivalry, and especially the music.

Synth

Oct 26, 2017
Banjo for previous Nintendo ties.
Master Chief for being iconic enough to belong in the roster.
Minecraft Steve for being a good tonal fit, and Minecraft is huge.

Any of these three I think would be decent choices. Conker is a shit character. Joanna Dark has two very different designs with neither being very iconic. Marcus Fenix... just no, lol.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Well obviously Banjo, but I would also take Pinata's, Joanna Dark, a KI character, Master Chief, a Battletoad, Jet Force Gemini or Jetpac.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
LAUNCH with Banjo for the HYPE and then have him call MASTER CHIEF in as back up for DLC

Synth

Oct 26, 2017
Banjo obviously, but I never get why Killer Instinct characters are never mentioned. It's very closely associated with Nintendo and is a fighting game. From that series I would pick Orchid.

I'd be fine with Chief or Steve too.

Killer Instinct's original designs are pretty terrible, and the new designs - whilst greatly improved - are largely far enough removed to pretty much severe the nostalgia they'd have with Nintendo fans.

Basically, classic Killer Instinct characters are rubbish and modern ones evoke Microsoft far more than Nintendo.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
LAUNCH with Banjo for the HYPE and then have him call MASTER CHIEF in as back up for DLC
I got it.
Banjo's trailer opens with Duck hunt and yoshi walking through the woods, and they end up popping out of the bushes at spiral mountain. Grunty flies out and starts attacking, but BK come out of nowhere to rescue them...well but not before yoshi was turned into cooked dino with having another mario character killed. It goes into gameplay. After that, Grunty goes into the final boss mode, and they are in trouble. BK grabs a walky talky from the ground. Screen fades out, and we hear radio noises, and the classic piano theme, and just hear chief saying "I'm coming to finish the fight."

ADee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Battletoads!
Or I guess Banjo and Conker but those have been mentioned too many times.
I'd even accept Steve from Minecraft since it is doing very well on Switch (atleast as an assist trophy)

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'd be okay with any one of them, tbh.

Banjo would be the most logical, Minecraft Steve would be the most popular, and Master Chief (tho unlikely) would be flat out bad ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.