• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which mundane enjoyment do you find more pleasurable?

• Napping outside with the warm sun shining down on you

Votes: 50 16.6%
  • Drinking the alcohol of your choice after a hard day

Votes: 58 19.3%
  • Taking a big poop after holding it in for a while

Votes: 108 35.9%
  • Taking a shower after a strenuous workout or a cold day

Votes: 114 37.9%
  • Other

Votes: 40 13.3%

• Total voters

Piecake

Oct 27, 2017
My definition of mundane does not include sex, so...

Which mundane enjoyment do you find more pleasurable?

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
A good beer or glass of wine for sure. Not this month though as I'm doing a dry January to cut back some after too much drinking the past couple of months.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most of these sound really uncomfortable, or require something uncomfortable in order to make the other bit seem comfortable. I guess napping is the least uncomfy one here.

Oct 25, 2017
Just felt this one today and it was amazing: stepping outside into the freezing cold after a hard work out and overheating at the gym.

I felt this a few months back in the fall too when I overlayered, bought a hot coffee, started drinking, started sweating, went to drink my coffee outside. WHOOSH! That feel of cold fresh air against sweaty hot skin. I love it. Now I know why the Finnish do the whole sauna then jump naked into the snow thing.

Last edited:

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in physical therapy, some of which is in the pool. Every pool session at the very end, I'm given 5 minutes to "hang," which is to lie limp in the water with my limbs, head, and torso supported by floatation devices. It's like being weightless and about the closest to pain-free I get, and it's wonderful.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Of these, a good poop. One I love that is a bit more complicated, but no less mundane, is a good purge of clutter/crap in my apartment. I sometimes get in moods where I look around and realize I have way too much useless shit, and there is no better feeling than throwing away/donating a couple solid bags of stuff you don't need to make your place feel cleaner. I have a lot of problems, but hoarding isn't one of them.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Saw thread title, immediate thought was a big ol' shit, glad to find the OP had me in mind.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Pooping a lot is not fun because I get anxious about toilet getting clogged.

Mundane things I like are: having hot coffee when it's slightly chilly and raining outside. I pull up my chair, open the garage and enjoy the nature.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Shower after a hot day out or hard workout is awesome... but IDK if it's entertainment. I do it because I need to?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
When you're holding in a big shit, you might also be holding in a huge piss, so it's double whammy. Like checkerboard ice cream, two different kinds of good all rolled together. Great on a hot day.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
When you take a pee first thing in the morning after waking up is probably the best feeling ever.

Jul 3, 2018
A nice shower if far from mundane for me at least, I love them lol

For the topic Id say spending an hour or so to clean up something like my kitchen brings me fear satisfaction.

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
Dumping ass after you need to shit real bad that you start to really feel your intestines fill with shit and then that brief milisecond of bliss and enlightenment when you finally take a dump is life affirming. Better than sex honestly.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Showers for me. There's nothing as refreshing or rejuvenating.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Eating. I feel hungry approximately all the damn time. But it feels so good to eat.

OP
OP
Piecake

Piecake

Oct 27, 2017
I probably should have put that first cup of coffee/tea in the morning... oh well...

Anyways, I picked the nap as you just can't beat the pleasant feelings of snoozing in a warm afternoon sun.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Taking a big poop after holding it in for a while - 37.3%
200.gif

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
A long bath and a podcast after 2 hour workouts are pretty much heaven for me.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
I love hot showers in general. They're amazingly relaxing and I have time to myself to think when I'm not distracted by other things. So I'm gonna go with that.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I can't nap, it's sleep or no sleep with me, but nothing beats relaxing in the warm sun.
Hot shower on a cold day is nice, but when you know it's fucking cold out there and you're just wasting hot water hiding away from a miserable winter, the whole thing feels sad.