• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which describes your switch hardware choices?

• OG switch + lite

Votes: 52 6.3%
  • Just sticking with OG switch

Votes: 495 59.7%
  • Getting switch lite only

Votes: 55 6.6%
  • Getting updated Switch only

Votes: 107 12.9%
  • Getting updated Switch and a switch lite

Votes: 26 3.1%
  • Sticking with OG switch and getting an updated switch

Votes: 41 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 53 6.4%

• Total voters
Feb 10, 2018
With 2 new switch systems coming (one replacing the OG) I thought it would be interesting to see what era is getting, or not getting.

JCADX

Oct 29, 2017
I think my OG Switch is fine, i only need a left joycon with a non-faulty stick and i´m good.

I would only consider the other Switches if i can save money, maybe trading mine or something like that (i did that for Xbox One in order to have a new unit with warranty).

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I sold my launch Switch in December 2018 knowing new models were coming. What I really hoped for was basically the Switch Lite but dockable, but since that's not on the table I'll be getting the new revision of the original.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I've been waiting to get my daughter her own switch, so she doesn't monopolize mine, and I'm torn.

The cheaper one would be more cost effective, but they'd need to have a really easy way to switch back and forth (like Bowser suggested they were working on), because she loves playing on the TV.

With the announcement of the extended battery regular version, I might splurge and get that for myself and she can have the old one. Still on the fence.

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't justify a new switch considering how little i play it(I'm trying to put more focus on it though). So nothing for me...

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe the new 300€ model will have cheaper parts and a worse screen? There even was screen lottery on the launch model, right? I just remember that I came to the conclusion that my screen was one of the good ones.

Oct 25, 2017
Got a launch one here. If they reveal a full-fledged Pro model later, I'll grab that. But not gonna bother with Lite or vanilla updated one.

King Al B

Mar 28, 2018
Maybe if the New Switch was a significant upgrade, like a Pro model. But ill stick with my OG for now.

Ladioss

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I plan to stick with the OG.

I will wait to see if eventually Breath of Darkness justifies getting a Switch 2 or not.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking of going to the Switch Lite because I like the portability (I use my OG Switch portably most of the time) and because of its battery improvements, but the Switch revision's way higher battery life has me wanting to go that route instead. I'm still not so happy with the weight and size of the Switch as IMO it's too big, but that battery life boost has me seriously tempted.

Heruderu

Oct 29, 2017
I'm selling OG Switch for 300 euros in Brazil (after conversion) and buying the new one for 330 in Portugal. I think there's no reason not to switch (hehe) versions for me.

OP
OP
Anthony Hopkins
Feb 10, 2018
I want to get both new models cos I'm cray, the updated model should be able to be had for quite cheap if reselling OG switch, 2nd hand switchs are going for about £200 on ebay, so thats an extra £79 for 2.5hrs battery, mmmm that's more money then I thought, I'm might just stick with OG + lite.

Feb 1, 2018
Yellow Switch Lite + 128GB SD card and some kind of hybrid case for me. Sold all my switch games + OG model a few months ago so this time I'm jumping back in all digital

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I've got an OG already since day 1, but I'm gonna go ahead and cop the Zacian/Zamacenta Lite, just because Pokemon.

Oct 25, 2017
Will wait till next year and make a decision then. I really would like to see a pro model and all this talk about drift makes me exceptionally sensitive to dropping $300.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I've been holding out for new Switch models and now I'm torn. If I get a Switch, it'll mostly be used in handheld mode. So un-decided whether to get the cheap Lite which will do the job and looks great, big fan of the style, or go for the more expensive updated model. I'm leaning to the updated Switch though, that battery life sounds too good and even if I don't dock it often I still might occasionally so it might be worth having the option...

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Sticking with my current, a extended battery life on the OG revision is not something that would affect my usage of the system at all.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I'll be trading in my OG model for the updated one. The battery life increase is huge for me since I love playing in handheld mode, but don't want to be connected to an external battery all the time, and the increase is significant enough to where I typically won't need to be connected to one. I'll likely be picking one up as soon as it drops.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Keeping my current one, I only play docked so neither of the two other models benefit me.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
don't really need to update since i dont play for long enough for the battery life to matter
a more portable one would be nice but i do use the TV sometimes, so im sticking to the OG

if I didnt already own one, I'd probably buy the lite

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
I am sticking with my OG switch. I pretty much play 50/50 between docked and undocked and the switch never leaves the house so the extra battery life of the new model make no difference to me . Lite is out of the question being a portable only.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Zero interest in paying for another Switch right now. I barely even use the one I have.

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if I should get the Lite or not. The joycon and the build quality of the past Nintendo consoles make me warry of getting one so soon after the release.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably get the revised Switch next year, so then the OG can be used for emulation.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I'll get a Lite to play Fire Emblem, Link's Awakening, and Luigi's Mansion. Hopefully there will be a more exciting revision of the proper Switch by the time BotW2 and Metroid come out, but if not I'll get the updated Switch to play whichever of those comes out first (or any other game I'd prefer to play on my TV).

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Was initially waiting to get a Switch when enough games that I actually wanted to play on the system were released. Then, after the rumor of an upgrade, I decided to wait. Seems like the wait wasn't really worth it though since mine will end up being in docked mode 95% of the time anyway. At least there are now enough games on it that makes it worth a purchase to me though, and the extended battery life is a bonus.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Hoping the Switch Pro is still a thing at some point - until then OG Switch is just fine for me.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I only play docked and when i play handheld its for super short burst like 1 mario maker level, so sticking with what I have until theres a spec bump

Apr 8, 2018
Just gonna stick with the OG Switch for now. The extra battery life in the updated model is nice, but not enough for me to warrant an upgrade for me.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't play undocked enough to where the updated Switch with more battery life appeals to me. If it had better specs -- even if a minor difference -- i'd get it, but as it stands I don't need more battery. So ATM sticking with OG.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
I'm getting the OG this weekend, I'll play mostly at home anyway on the couch so the extra battery life from the updated one is pretty irrelevant for me.