• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2018
Holiday Season is upon us. We have had all of the big hitters atleast from MS, Sony with regards to Exclusives so far with only Nintendo with aces in the quiver with Pokemon and Smash.

We know Sony will probably win WW, Nintendo may be behind them but the US will be interesting to see who wins Nov & Dec NPDs. Traditionally MS have put up a strong fight during Nov & Dec, so Xbox can't be underestimated.

Lets see what they are all offering:

Sony:

November:

PS4+Spider Man Bundle at 199$
PS4 Pro RDR2 :399$

December:

PS4 : COD, Spider Man Bundles
PS4 Pro : RDR2 Bundle

MS:

November:

Xbox One S+Minecraft Bundle at 199$
Xbox One X at 399$
Xbox One S/X -FH4, Fallout 76, BFV at 229$, 429$

December:

Xbox One S/X : Minecraft, FH4, Fallout 76, BFV Bundles

Nintendo:

November:

Switch+Pokemon Bundle at 299$

December:

Switch: Pokemon, Smash Bundle

A few caveats for November: atleast on Amazon, PS4 Spider Man bundle, MS Minecraft bundle. Pokemon Switch Bundle are already sold out. If they can't manage stock, MS might sneak it with the 399$ Xbox One X bundle.

I personally think Sony will win November with Spider-Man and Nintendo will win December with Smash. Overall, I think Sony might slighly edge it with RDR2, God of War and Spider Man to Nintendo's Smash, Pokemon and Mario Kart bundles. MS don't have a real console seller I think to win this year.

What do you guys think?

Who will sell the most in Nov+Dec?

Note: Not Console warring. Just curious.

Last edited:

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Between the cheap PS4s and the Switch combo of Pokemon and Smash, it's honestly a harder call than any previous year. I'd even like to say that the only sure bet is Microsoft being in third place in both months, but I'm honestly already accepting that they can surprise everyone.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
We Win.

Sony
a_winner_is_you20110724-22047-1nd3wif.jpg

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta be Sony with Switch a close second. Pokemon saving their dried up ass.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I'll go with the common answer of Sony in November and Nintendo in December. I think the total sales between the two will be really close when you combined the two months, but I'll say Switch edges ahead.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Sony should take November and Switch December.

As for overall? I think they will be close unless Switch does more than expected and PS4 really underperforms in December, though the PS4 doesn't have any good deals for Christmas.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
MS got unlucky with their 3rd party bundles. Sony could win Dec if they continued with a $199 price point but without it Nintendo takes it.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Nintendo will win overall. Pokemon and Smash double whammy for Christmas (with some Mario Party too). Sony will throw up a great fight with PS4 Spiderman and PSVR BF bundarus though. Most likely November PS4, December Switch. However, if that Gamestop Switch+MK8 $250 is replicated elsewhere it may even get close in November.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
The $199 PS4 already seems to be sold out at most retailers, so I think that's the clear Black Friday winner. Walmart's $150 Xbox One S with Minecraft is also going to be appealing, but it ain't gonna match the heat of Sony's past year.

Switch is going to do well, but it's going to be a slower burn over the whole season.

Starphanluke

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 15, 2017
I think Sony takes November, Nintendo takes December, and Nintendo just barely takes the Holiday season overall. I think Switch will significantly win in December, while being just under PS4 in November.

Could be way off-base, though.

OP
OP
BladeRunner2099
Aug 26, 2018
The $199 PS4 already seems to be sold out at most retailers, so I think that's the clear Black Friday winner. Walmart's $150 Xbox One S with Minecraft is also going to be appealing, but it ain't gonna match the heat of Sony's past year.

Switch is going to do well, but it's going to be a slower burn over the whole season.

Whaat...thats an insane deal considering you usually get 3 months Xbox GP too with it.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
November is going to be incredibly narrow of a win for either Sony or Nintendo. December will be Nintendo.

Nintendo will win the holidays altogether.

OP
OP
BladeRunner2099
Aug 26, 2018
Lol @ the MS offering.

Sony will most likely win and otherwise it's Nintendo.

I think MS really suffered with the average reviews for BFV and mediocre reviews for Fallout 76.

If they both reviewed well, I am sure they would had a serious shot at winning holidays.

Lets not forget MS's BF1 Bundle sold very well.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Like everyone is saying PS4 November Switch December, overall though, I think the one two punch of Pokemon and Smash is going to push the Switch over. That's two exclusives that will likely both end up with 20M+ when everything is said and done, you can probably count on one hand the number of exclusive series that can do that. they're both obviously going to do extremely well though.

Cronogear

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
199 PS4 will win November, easily.

December is between Sony and Nintendo. I'm slightly leaning towards Nintendo, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Sony took it.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We live in a world where we're discussing Nintendo Vs. Sony instead of Sony Vs Microsoft for the holidays.

Wouldn't have believed you if you told me this three years ago. Heck, two years ago.

I think Nintendo sells slightly more units overall in November/December combined, but Sony takes November, while Nintendo takes December.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
letthemfight.gif

Edit: Sony will do the biggest numbers, but all three have a fairly strong lineup this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.