• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which is your favorite?

• The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Votes: 333 32.1%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

Votes: 132 12.7%
  • Metroid: Other M

Votes: 37 3.6%
  • DmC: Devil May Cry

Votes: 131 12.6%
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Votes: 357 34.4%
  • Resident Evil 6

Votes: 48 4.6%

• Total voters

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
MGS4 is my favorite but most of those are good to great games. Other M and RE6 are the only two I'd consider mediocre to bad.

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
Skyward Sword is one of my favorite Zelda games. I'd even argue the gameplay is more fun than Breath of the Wild's (which is also among my favorite Zeldas ovbviously).

I always wish for a remaster whenever there's a Direct...

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Skyward Sword is such a mixed bag. At times it's utterly magical, but then it's twice as long as it needs to be and swimming for tadtones might be the worst thing I've ever done in a game.

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
DmC is a great game gameplay wise. Especially level design. I get why people didn't like edgelord Dante but the way the game played was fantastic.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
DmC by a mile for me.

That said, I had no real fondness/nostalgia for the originals at the time, so I went in with no preconceptions.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
In order (I haven't played Other M, so I won't add it) from most favourite to least favourite

DmC > FFXIII > RE6 > Skyward Sword > MGS4

Which, funnily enough, is the inverse of the affection I had for their various series at the times I played them.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MGS4 by a country mile; I loved every minute of that game. Skyward Sword deserved the hate. The same damn three places over and over and over again.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MGS4 is a great experience the first time you play it. It's just constant highs and nostalgia out the ass.
It's only later that you find all the flaws. But even then I'd still say it's a great game.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I still don't understand why everyone hated Skyward Sword so much.

Linearity, repetitive"You got *insert random item here*", and I could never get the controller to register a stab for me. I dunno if it was because I'm left handed or what, but stabs just barely worked.

That being said I still thought it was a 9/10 game. IDK where the idea that it is a bad game comes from.

Oct 29, 2017
Final Fantasy XIII is a misunderstood masterpiece.

I also loved Resident Evil 6, but that's because I love dumb action games and don't like survival horror.

mogwai00

Mar 24, 2018
DmC Is great.
MGS4 bored me to death, but it made me cry.
Resident Evil 6 deserves no salvation.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've only played FF13 and RE6 from that list, and they're both trash (RE6 is the worst, though).

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Linearity, repetitive"You got *insert random item here*", and I could never get the controller to register a stab for me. I dunno if it was because I'm left handed or what, but stabs just barely worked.

That being said I still thought it was a 9/10 game. IDK where the idea that it is a bad game comes from.

Probably the clickbait Egoraptor video and the "linear=terrible game" trend which has come up recently

(That being said I have issues with the game, and do think the world could be more open feeling, because Zelda games specifically do better with a more open world)

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Probably the clickbait Egoraptor video and the "linear=terrible game" trend which has come up recently

(That being said I have issues with the game, and do think the world could be more open feeling, because Zelda games specifically do better with a more open world)

Yeah, I hate the trend of open world games nowadays, but Skyward Sword felt like a game that really would have benefitted from it. The flying was an awesome feeling that gave you a sense of freedom and adventure, only for you to feel so limited once you hit the ground.

As I said previously, I still think it's an amazing game, but I can see where many people don't like it as much as others in the series. However I really don't see how anyone could think it's a bad game.