• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which one should come back?

• Resistence

Votes: 213 41.3%
  • SOCOM

Votes: 132 25.6%
  • Killzone

Votes: 171 33.1%

• Total voters

Redbarrel

Sep 10, 2020
So if Sony were to revive one of these IPs to compete with COD in the long term which one you choose?

ImpendingFoil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I really liked Killzone 2 multiplayer so I went with that. I would be interested in seeing a return of MAG.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think they all ran their course and don't need to come back. I'd gladly take a new FPS IP though.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, I kind of feel like they could all stay dead. Each one of them have been done wrong by Sony at some point.

I guess I'd go with Killzone because there's clearly something interesting in the setting and backstory, but I feel like at this point you need to completely reboot it. It'd be better than acknowledging Killzone 3 and Shadow Fall. Resistance could be potentially interesting but I sort of consider that door closed after the ending of Resistance 3.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
None of them. They all had a good run, time to move on. If Insomniac works on a game that isn't a Marvel property or Ratchet, I would prefer it be a new IP rather than a reasonably okay shooter.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Socom, I never played it but back in the day they used to pit it against ghost recon, so I'd like to actually play one now since ghost recon has gone to crap.

I played kill zone shadowfall and quite liked the multiplayer but the sp was a bit of a let down

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Preferably Resistance since it's at least more than just a military shooter. But I haven't played Killzone, so it may not be that as well.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Would definitely be interested in a Killzone 2 MP like experience or a FPS game with a similar tone and setting. Wouldn't care much about the other 2 or a Killzone similar to Shadowfall (even if the MP was pretty good too).

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Killzone. The second one was cool as hell and that was back when shooters on gamepad were like anathema to me (I no longer feel that way, cause old, and I got used to it).

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I enjoyed all 3 immensely but I just loved the world and atmosphere of Resistance the best, it would be cool to see modern Insomniac return to a FPS.

OP
OP
Redbarrel

Redbarrel

Sep 10, 2020
Last edited:

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
None, try something new, they all got more than enough of a fair shake and never took off.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Remaster Killzone 2 and Resistance 3. If I had to choose one, a Resistance 4 would be the best bet. I don't think Guerrilla has it in them to make another Killzone 2. Don't care at all about Socom.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I am honestly stumped at how Sony apparently refuses to bring back SOCOM, especially in this day and age of live service multiplayer titles.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Killzone has enough interesting lore that it doesn't necessarily even have to be an FPS, but if it has to be an FPS, it has to be closer to 2 and Mercenary than anything else.

Resistance would be really interesting if it went full horror or became an immersive sim since a lot of the elements are already there.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Killzone and Resistence and I'd take that over anything those teams are doing now, as long as the FPS revival is campaign focused and isn't open world. If it's open world my interest goes away immediately.

At the very least remaster Killzone 2, 3 and Mercenary and the Resistence trilogy for PS5 and PC.

Oct 28, 2017
Man i haven't thought about Resistance since Battle: Los Angeles came to BluRay and included the demo of part 3 in the case.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
All of the above.

Resistance, if I could only pick one.

I would play the hell out of a good Socom reboot but I just don't trust Sony to make a Socom game that isn't a bastardized mess. I'd rather it stay dead than come back with clown costumes, pink mohawks, neon guns, etc. etc. I get that these games need to make money but I'd rather just keep my memories of Socom intact and not tarnish them any more than Socom 4 managed to. A true return to form would be incredible but I just don't see who would develop it or how they could monetize it without ruining it.

Killzone is cool but Killzone 3 and Shadow Fall were just okay. If they did bring it back, I would like to see a return to the ideas that the original game had. It wasn't perfect but it was definitely the most unique of them all. Obviously Killzone 2 was awesome but I don't think a retread of that game would be all that exciting these days.

Resistance has so much potential. The alternate history approach is awesome, the chimera are well designed, and the weapons are ridiculously fun to use. I would definitely be the most optimistic about a reboot of this franchise. The multiplayer in the first game was super underrated too. Easily one of the best Halo-like multiplayer modes that I've played.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone not voting for Killzone in this poll can fuck off, and I'm not kidding. At its best it's so much better than the other poll options, and if it were to ever realize its full potential it would be sensational. Killzone 2 already was, and on today's hardware they could really push things even further.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Ehhh, honestly, they should just port the Resistance trilogy and Killzone pseudo trilogy (2,3, Mercenaries) to modern systems and call it a day. No fancy remakes, just solid ports at 60fps and nice res and sell them at a cheap price.