• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Red Dead Redemption 2 is a massive game, there's a lot of hype, the first game sold 15m, and i'm sure that RDR2 will be a sucess in sales.

Cyberpunk 2077 its a new ip, but people are expecting so much of it, i think its one of most anticipated games of all time. The Witcher 3 sold 10 million copies, people expect great things of them. Even the first gameplay trailer have more than 10m views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjF9GgrY9c0&t=1740s

But which you do you think it will sell better?

I think Cyberpunk 2077 will be a bigger sucess than TW3, but i can see RDR2 reaching 20m-25m easily.

Tapeworm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Red Dead without question.

Red Dead will sell more in the first 24 hours than Cyberpunk and all its sequels lifetime sells combined.

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is not even a question haha. Red Dead will sell more this Holiday than Cyberpunk does in its lifetime (and then continue to sell for the next 5 years).

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
u guys r idoits, it will definitely be CYBERPUNK look at the youtube views

CDPR is huge now

callamp

Oct 27, 2017
Betting against Rockstar is just silly. Cyberpunk will be a huge success in it's own right.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
RDR2

I Have some misgivings about it selling ultra gangbusters because the RDR brand isn't as strong as the GTA brand but I think Rockstar have the good will, RDR2 looks excellent and the first was very well received enough that it will slaughter 2077 in sales. TBH I'm not sure where 2077 will land sales wise. Hopefully it does very well.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
RDR2 has a real chance of finishing this generation as the best selling game.

Will be the better game too I'm sure.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Red Dead 2.

The online will have the legacy of GTAV gradually moving over as time presses on.

My personal preference is NOT in multiplayer games but I'm not foolish enough to deny its ability to give a game sales legs when people really enjoy it.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Both will do great, but red dead will stomp it

Cd project red dont have the name clout in terms of mainstream stuff, but everybody knows rockstar. Plus red dead has the benfit of multiplayer.

Plus cyberpunk games and movies dont do that well commercially

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
What did the first RDR do because it wasn't GTA numbers from my recollection.

If RDR2 can gain at least partially some of the traction that GTA5 had it won't even be close.

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
RDR2 on one platform might outsell cyberpunk's total. It would be a closer contest at least.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
I could potentially see Cyberpunk selling more depending on that maybe multiplayer stuff we've heard about. Realistically RDR2 will sell better.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
It's going to be Cyberpunk. Rockstar his huge compared to CDPR because of how long they've been popular for. Since 2001/2002? But CDPR will slowly take the reins as Open World single player kings. Witcher 3 proved a lot from them, and I think CP2077 will evolve on that even more.

RDR2 will be great, but like AC, Horizon, and Zelda devs are taking note on what they did with Witcher 3. I think they'll surprise us again with their next game.

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk will be a huge success. I wouldn't be shocked if Red Dead sold 10x more, though. GTA V is the bestselling piece of media ever, Rockstar is about to make a lot more money.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I think we can arrive at a consensus and say both will control like shit.
This would be my first CDPR game, so I've got no idea on that front.

As far as Rockstar jank, though... oh God. Mash X to run, or the manual aiming being bad, the character turning strangely and bumping into objects, etc. Really hoping it's an improvement, but it's not like GTA V really was, so I'm not expecting much.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Both will do great, but red dead will stomp it

Cd project red dont have the name clout in terms of mainstream stuff, but everybody knows rockstar. Plus red dead has the benfit of multiplayer.

Plus cyberpunk games and movies dont do that well commercially

Its not like Westerns are doing blockbuster numbers either. I dont think movie performance will have any impact on interest levels for Cyberpunk.

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be Cyberpunk. Rockstar his huge compared to CDPR because of how long they've been popular for. Since 2001/2002? But CDPR will slowly take the reins as Open World single player kings. Witcher 3 proved a lot from them, and I think CP2077 will evolve on that even more.

RDR2 will be great, but like AC, Horizon, and Zelda devs are taking note on what they did with Witcher 3. I think they'll surprise us again with their next game.
Cyberpunk might turn out better critically, but it's not feasible for it to sell better.

Deleted member 47076

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
RDR2: Rockstar sequel to a pretty popular game. Will probably sell more than the first, but just how much?

Cyberpunk: CDPR game that has comparable hype levels despite not being a sequel.

Honestly I really don't know what to expect for either.

KorrZ

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
RDR2 no question.

Cyberpunk will do well for sure, especially building off the success of The Witcher 3, but you have to remember that TW3 was CDPRs first real "big" game in terms of sales numbers. They're not the juggernaut that Rockstar is.

I have to imagine that RDR2's marketing warchest alone will be the size of development budgets for some AAA games, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.