• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
We've all seen stories featuring main characters that take pain for the sake of protecting others, even when they end up bloody and bruised because of it. While this kind of wish fufillment is cool and all, most people wouldn't go that far (and shouldn't be expected to). There are plenty of stories that feature more normal feats such as befrending those who're bullied, or helping those in need. In any case, are there any tv shows/movies/books/etc that influenced you to be more heroic, and how did you change as a result?

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Movies like Walter Mitty and Yes Man have semi-inspired a more outgoing and adventurous/courageous outlook (along with some big life changing events).

Skydiving, shark cage dive, solo overseas trips with no itinerary, being more open to meeting new people in social circles and even seemingly normal things like taking part in workplace costume/dress-up days etc.

I think 'normal' people in movies with a light hearted tone work best.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I started a criminal justice degree because of Olivia from Fringe, and finished it because it helped me discover my love for critical thinking, case study, and legal concepts in general.

Neptonic

Oct 25, 2017
Tucson, AZ
Gurren Lagann was a huge confidence booster for me, and it made me think about believing in myself, others, and a cause, and how those are traits I want in myself.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know about heroic but I just started watching Supergirl and its optimism, sincerity and earnestness are definitely helping me and inspiring me as I try to finally fight some pretty ugly inner demons.