• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Pokémon game do you think is coming next?

• Pokémon Let’s Go Togepi / Maryll (Gen 2 Go style Remake)

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Pokémon Twilight Diamond / Dusk Pearl (Gen 4 Remake)

Votes: 248 74.9%
  • Pokémon Giga Sword / Shield (Two Version ReRelease)

Votes: 34 10.3%
  • Pokémon Armor (One Version ReRelease)

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Pokémon Sword / Shield (Sequel)

• Pokémon Gen 9

• Total voters

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am very strange in that I often get way more excited for remakes, re-releases and remasters than new games. Don't ask me why.

But with the release of Pokémon Sword/Shield just days away, what better time is there to jump on the speculation and hype train for the next Pokémon game than now (literally any time, I know). And with a new gen just out the next game is sure to be a re-release or a remake.

So my question is: which Pokémon game do you think is coming next, and which do you want to come next?

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Masuda confirmed a few weeks ago that no Let's Go game was currently in development.

I think it'll be Gen 4 remakes next.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
I think my dream scenario is them taking a year off next year before releasing Diamond and Pearl remakes in 2021 and Sword and Shield sequels in 2022 before Gen 9 in 2023.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Gen 4 remakes I think, afterwards Ultra S/M style sequels.

OP
OP

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest I'd really like Let's Go Gold / Silver next followed by DP remakes. I do think that's quite likely and they'd be nuts not to take advantage of having Kanto built already for GS post game. Also if they did that we'd have gens 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8 across 3DS and Switch.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Only spin-offs in 2020 (Mystery Dungeon and Conquest pls), then Sinnoh remakes in 2021 with Pokemon Sword 2 and Shield 2 to come in 2022 would be my ideal timeline.

Let's Go Togepi and Marill next year, then Pokemon Ultra Sword and Ultra Shield in 2021 feel more likely to me at this point though. I'd love to be wrong.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Masuda said they isn't any plans on Let's Go games at present.

And there's a number of Sinnoh hints in Sword and Shield like the Croagunk Statue returning and the reward at Battle Tower being a Type-Null, which evolves into Silvally that has the RKS System ability as a deliberate reference to Arceus.

So I'm going with Diamond and Pearl likely happening next.

In 2021 please, let's not try to rush the games out of the door please.

Oct 28, 2019
I don't mind as long as they take their time. Which is a tall order as presently the entire franchise seems to be built on a yearly release in mind. I wouldn't discount the possibility we get a Let's Go! Johto next year due to the D/P remakes taking longer than anticipated and the relatively quick manner the Let's Go! games should be able to be made.

Redeye97

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Gen 4 remake is what I want, Sword and Shield remix is probably what we're getting.

The latter is so much easier for them to do and justify. All they have to do is take the base of the game they already made, add in new features, polish up old ones, and resell it. Plus I just know a complete or expanded pokedex is going to be one of the selling points they lead with.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
If they release a Gen 4 remake, and knowing Game Freak is going to use the latest game engine (or recycle models /animations to save development time) , it makes sense to upgrade Sword&Shield with the new Pokémon, right?

So why they didn't say they are going to slowly complete the Pokedex of Sword&Shield and try to appease the fans who are angry?

Because this kind of reasoning I believe they are going to release a Let's GO Togepi / Maryll Game.

(English language critically hurt me, please bear with me)

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Sinnoh in 2021. Sword and Shield feels like the kinda game they can take a break year with, I dunno if 2020 would jive well for people if it had a new game after a year of the Wild Area, G-Max Raids, etc shit would be exhausting.

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
While I would love a follow up to Let's Go, my bet would be Gen IV remakes.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
All bets are off after XY being released in such an anemic state and then not being followed up by a third game to fix its short comings. SwSh seems to be even worse in that regard, so I wonder if they will, as usual, not patch that game and instead force people to buy a newer one or, worse even, try to sweep things under the rug and release a newer gen straight away.

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
I'm so worried about Gen. IV remake... Those games are so special to me that I cannot fathom cutting content of any kind.
Imagine if they cut Chatot or Wobbuffet. ;(

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I think Gen 4 remakes are next.

After that, probably a follow up to Sword & Shield. Not sure what form that would take. GF has tried a few different approaches to that and arguably had the best results with Ultra Sun & Moon. They sold significantly better than previous single enhanced 3rd versions and slightly better than the direct sequel approached tried with Black & White 2.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all ready for that Sinnoh remake, because I know I am

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know which order they'll release but I'd bet 2020 and 2021 have an updated SwSh release and D/P remakes.

They already confirmed a Let's Go game is not in development.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
That's how I think it goes from now:

- New gen
- Remake
- Let's Go
Repeat

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait for Mt. Coronet to be reduced to a single hallway in the DP remakes, and for Pt improvements to be removed because reasons.

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
I never bought a third version / second release if I already played the base game so I'm hoping for a remake.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Sinnoh remakes are definitely coming next, but it's hard for me to be excited about them considering that Gamefreak is inevitably going to fuck it up with their bullshit.

Gutted Mt. Coronet and piss poor Pokemon count for literally no reason whatsoever, here we come.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
There's no Let's Go in development so most likely DP remakes.

Also, I feel like the Let's Go games were a one thing experiment. I may be wrong but I feel they are not happening again.

Soltis

Feb 28, 2019
United States
IMO, it makes the most sense for Gen 4 remakes to be next. It doesn't quite feel real, but it's been just about five (5!) years since the last remake games, ORAS, were released.