• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Pokémon game do you think is coming next?

• Pokémon Let’s Go Togepi / Maryll (Gen 2 Go style Remake)

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Pokémon Twilight Diamond / Dusk Pearl (Gen 4 Remake)

Votes: 248 74.9%
  • Pokémon Giga Sword / Shield (Two Version ReRelease)

Votes: 34 10.3%
  • Pokémon Armor (One Version ReRelease)

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Pokémon Sword / Shield (Sequel)

• Pokémon Gen 9

• Total voters

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
It'll be Diamond and Pearl remakes, and lol at Marill. It's going to be Let's Go Pichu and Let's Go Togepi.

With the sales of B2W2 and USUM, they're not going back to third versions probably.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Pokemon is locked in a loop worse than COD and AC, they aren't taking a break even if the devs' lives depend on it.
Gen IV remake is next
I mean, they did just take a break in 2015. I don't think a constant yearly release schedule is sustainable for them, there are bound to gap years eventually and I'd expect one to happen soon after the transition to HD console development. We're currently on the longest consecutive streak of releases yet. If we DO get a game next year, it'll be a third version(s) like USUM that doesn't actually change much.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Gen 4 remakes because they're way behind schedule, followed by SwSh sequels similar to B2W2

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Let's Go is dead, you can't make a nostalgia cashgrab out of Gen 2 the same you can fool people with Gen 1. Either DP remake or a third version of Sw/Sh.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Gen 4 remake or 3rd version of sword and shield in 2021.

PLZ PLZ PLZ NO MORE YEARLY RELEASES!!!!

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
I mean, they did just take a break in 2015. I don't think a constant yearly release schedule is sustainable for them, there are bound to gap years eventually and I'd expect one to happen soon after the transition to HD console development. We're currently on the longest consecutive streak of releases yet. If we DO get a game next year, it'll be a third version(s) like USUM that doesn't actually change much.
we can only hope they take a break, the franchise (and GameFreak) clearly need it.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
2019: SWSH
2020: DP Remakes
2021: A brand new game style to celebrate the 25th anniversary, something experimental like Let's Go
2022: Gen 9