• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Which Pre-MCU Marvel Actors Would You Like to See Return in Someway in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Oct 25, 2017
U.S.
They're gonna have a real hard time topping Dafoe, Simmons and Molina.

You can't cast anyone else as Blade. That'd be like ice skating up hill.

Oct 28, 2017
James Marsden in the comeback role of the century as Cyclops bringing back mutantkind from utter destruction.

Mutants always existed, Wanda erased them all but he and Famke Janssen survived. Even Wanda doesn’t remember what she did.

Hugh Jackman gets a cameo and leaves behind Laura and Daken

I like this more than I should. Also if they can use Immortus in Endgame since it appears there might be Time Travel in you have the perfect in to changing all type of stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Tobey Maguire as the Superior Octopus incarnation of Doc Ock.

Superior Octopus is a version of Doctor Octopus who, after losing his body to a nuero-degenerative disease and digitizing his mind, cloned a new body by combining his DNA with Spidey's. He has all of Spider-Man's powers, but has his tentacles instead of web shooters.

Oct 25, 2017
J.K. Simmons and Snipes are super agreeable answers.

TBH, I’d like to see someone like Mahershala Ali (yeah, yeah, Cottonmouth) or a relatively younger actor take on Blade too. Snipes did it good, but I don’t think he’s the only one who can pull it off. J.K. As JJJ though is like Tony Stark/RDJ levels of inseparable, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I'd really love to see Nic Cage at some point - not as Ghost Rider but, like, a Spider-Man bad guy or something. A chance for him to really ham it up.

Maybe Lizard or Hobgoblin... hell I'd love to see him try Kraven the Hunter even if it'd be a hot mess.

Oct 25, 2017
Screw it, give me Cage in the MCU somewhere.

Technically, Cage is in the MCU in a way.

His Ghost Rider model was used in Agents of Shield, showing how the show's Ghost Rider got his powers.

Since Cage's Ghost Rider model's skull is based off scans of Nick Cage's actual skull, that counts, right?

Oct 25, 2017
You know, Hugh Jackman is probably the right age now to play Mr. Fantastic.

Or if he's not wanting to do any main roles again, he could probably play Richard Rider before they pass the torch to Sam Alexander in a Nova movie, maybe?

Nov 1, 2017

HHH played a character named Jarko Grimwood in Blade Trinity (not really based on an actual Marvel character I think?) and was rumored to be Thor when the first movie was on pre-production. I don't know who he should be now, but book it! It's best for business.

Oct 31, 2017
Technically, Cage is in the MCU in a way.

His Ghost Rider model was used in Agents of Shield, showing how the show's Ghost Rider got his powers.

Since Cage's Ghost Rider model's skull is based off scans of Nick Cage's actual skull, that counts, right?
Agents of SHIELD isn't really part of the MCU anymore, though.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how they'd work it but I would love to see him back in the role, assuming his heart was in it. Maybe training someone else to take up the mantle or just a tired old man still hunting vampires because he doesn't know what else to do with his life, and maybe he meets some other superheroes and finally feels like he can fit in. I can see him fitting well into a Deadpool film, with lots of dumb jokes at Hannibal King's expense.