• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which publisher's output are you most looking forward to next year?

• Nintendo (Breath of the Wild 2, Animal Crossing, No More Heroes III, etc.)

Votes: 145 28.7%
  • Sony (Dreams, The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, etc.)

Votes: 222 44.0%
  • Microsoft (Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Halo Infinite, Hellblade 2: Senua's Saga, etc.)

Votes: 75 14.9%
  • Ubisoft (Gods & Monsters, Watch Dogs 3, Rainbow Six Quarantine, etc.)

Votes: 8 1.6%
  • Square Enix (Final Fantasy VII, Marvel's Avengers, Outriders, etc.)

Votes: 18 3.6%
  • Sega (Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Humankind, Sonic at the Olympic Games, etc.)

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 28 5.5%

• Total voters

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Yakuza: Like a Dragon and Halo Infinite are the games I'm most hyped for next year. But if one of them is at the top, it's Ghost of Tsushima.

Oct 25, 2017
Sony.

2019 was dogshit for Sony. Really didn't enjoy death stranding or days gone very much.

But 2020 is Sony. 100%. I honestly can't imagine tlou2 and tsushima disappointing. Not to mention, they MUST have some secret first party game for the PS5 launch. They just must.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not 100% convinced that BotW2 is coming out next year so I'll say Sony for The Last of Us II and Ghost of Tsushima primarily.

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
BotW 2 2020 is wishful thinking lol.

Sony easily for me. TLOU 2 is gonna be the perfect send off to this gen just like the first game was to last gen.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I see. But are we talking about a simple port of the previously Squix published game or a real new game fund by Nintendo. Sounds like a simple distribution. Maybe I'm wrong again but it doesn't sound very Nintendo to me.
Nintendo has Published both previous Bravely games in the West, similar to Octopath Traveler. There were no real plans by SE to bring the first game to the West before Nintendo stepped in. The games are not funded by Nintendo, but they are still published by them. They handle all of the marketing and so on. It's not mere distribution - they treat it as one of their own. DQXIS is a more recent example.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft because most of their lineup is a mystery, but Halo, Ori and gears tactics look great and I'm sure they have surprises in store. Everyone else I am pretty meh on.

Apr 21, 2018
Nintendo has Published both previous Bravely games in the West, similar to Octopath Traveler. There were no real plans by SE to bring the first game to the West before Nintendo stepped in. The games are not funded by Nintendo, but they are still published by them. They handle all of the marketing and so on. It's not mere distribution - they treat it as one of their own. DQXIS is a more recent example.
Oh, ok. Thanks for the explanation. So Nintendo pushed many games in the west... good for the players :)
But i still think it's odd to list all those non nintendo games in a thread like that.

Jan 16, 2018
Hope's Peak Academy
Nintendo has a few neat things. Animal Crossing can be nice, but as far as I can tell, it's a nice new coat of paint and new features. Not that it makes Animal Crossing bad, as much as I don't have enough interest in it, and BOTW 2 I can't really have a stake as much as I have the first one. All my chips are hoping that now that Capcom is trying to get back into making good games they'll try to get their fighting game department actually doing some good stuff, as that's a branch that hasn't been revived since their dork years earlier this decade.

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
Sony (Dreams, The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima)

Final Fantasy VII (Square-Enix) and Resident Evil 3 (Capcom) are the only other games I'd put right up there unless Nintendo releases a Wii U version of Zelda but it'd probably perform even worse than BotW.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Nintendo and Microsoft are tied for my most anticipated. Always down for more of that Nintendo magic and Microsoft I feel is gonna drop some red hot fire next year.