• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which games will you try?

• Legends of Runeterra

Votes: 146 33.8%
  • League of Legends: Wild Rift

Votes: 116 26.9%
  • Untitled Fighting Game

Votes: 286 66.2%
  • Untitled FPS

Votes: 205 47.5%
  • Untitled ARPG

Votes: 202 46.8%
  • TFT Mobile

Votes: 71 16.4%

• Total voters

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I've never played League, but I'm all over that fighting game. I think something like that could lift all boats and do good things.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
I will try the fighter if it is free, available on what I have at the time of release, and tries to be an accessible game that incorporates game elements from the source rather than just the aesthetics of the IP.

If it's just Street Fighter skinned with the characters then I'll skip, but if Rising Thunder lives on through it via the design and mechanics, it might get me back into fighters after dropping off this gen.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
All of them, honestly, though, if doing a hypothetical retrospective once all are released, I'll probably drop the FPS and Wild Rift first, since I suck at FPS' and I fall off mobile mobas fast. I'm interested in the Card Game since I kind of like them, but none of the contemporary ones have worlds I care about, like Hearth, Gwent or Elder Scrolls.

The Fighting one is the one I'm most interested in though, since, as a Top Laner, I live for the 1v1s. If they announce Fiora too, I wouldn't be strong enough to resist.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
None. None of them look interesting to me and even if they did Riot is one of the worst businesses in the industry and how they're still operating unscathed is a damn disgrace.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am not a huge riot fan, but I do expect a certain level of polish on these, so they have my attention.

Card game: I stopped keeping up with Hearthstone long ago, so this should do until they finally put Magic on mobile.
Fighter: Very low expectations and I suspect it will be going for mass appeal rather than FGC acceptance, but I will be following along to see if that ends up being the case.
TFT Mobile: I have never played an auto chess game, but the distinctions between them seem slight enough that I may dip my toe in with the one that seems to get the most attention. This one.
Shooter: I will be watching to see if they can make it look different and better than it did in that very brief clip we got of it. It did not look like a quality Overwatch competitor.

Once again though, I am curious to see whether they can shape it up by the next time we see something about it.
None. None of them look interesting to me and even if they did Riot is one of the worst businesses in the industry and how they're still operating unscathed is a damn disgrace.
kotaku.com

Riot Employees Say Company Has Made Real Progress Fixing Its Sexism Issues

In the year since Kotaku’s investigation into sexism at Riot Games, the 2,500-person company behind League of Legends, the company has crafted and self-injected its proposed antidote to its so-called “bro culture.”

Last edited:

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea. Riot has basically never been on my radar. I've never played League of Legends and nothing about it has appealed to me, so I have absolutely no attachment to the characters/IP/etc. If any of these games end up being appealing in their own right I guess I'll check them out.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
All of them. I wish they would have gave more information about the ARPG though because that's what I'm most interested in. Well, that and TFT mobile. Goodbye Underlords you will have served the only purpose you had on my phone.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who plays Smite on consoles I'll check out Wild Rift, but the top-down format hasn't grabbed me in the past so we'll see...

The fighting game is the one I'm most interested in, especially if it tries to do away with having to memorise input-based combos for a different system like Rising Thunder was attempting.

The first person hero based shooter is one I'll probably at least try out, but out of the three this is the one I'm the least keen on as of right now.

Also will give the animated series a go as well.

Alive2007

Aug 21, 2019
people who have been shitting on Project L should lose their right to complain about netcode lmao they gonna save the FGC

Alive2007

Aug 21, 2019
Seems to me reception has been largely positive. I mean even here, like 70% voted for Project L.
Yeah, Maybe I just focus on negative stuff but I have seen so many ppl write it off already like they aren't in a position to change fighting games on a global scale. I jumped the gun as far as this thread is concerned my bad. tbh I didn't mean to hit send when I did lol.

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
All of them, Riot inspires trust on me, you might or might not like the games but im pretty sure they will be of quality and with long term support

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Are they making an action rpg as well? didn't know that... I'm curious.

I'll try Wild Rift for sure, with the death of Paragon I'd like my mobas fix on console.

Maybe Runeterra.

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
I've been dreaming about the League fighting games since forever so definitely that one.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
None, personally. I do feel bad for the people who work there though. It's always hard to decide what to do. A boycot mostly just hurts the work-floor first.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
The FPS looks like it has potential, but since it's PC only I won't be playing it sadly since I don't have a gaming pc.

Alive2007

Aug 21, 2019
Anyone know if there has been a F2P card game that doesn't sell packs of cards or a card game that only sells cosmetics? (LoR won't have digital packs of cards IIRC)

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know yet. I have never played League of Legends but I will probably try them all if they are good on console/mobile.