• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which games will you try?

• Legends of Runeterra

Votes: 146 33.8%
  • League of Legends: Wild Rift

Votes: 116 26.9%
  • Untitled Fighting Game

Votes: 286 66.2%
  • Untitled FPS

Votes: 205 47.5%
  • Untitled ARPG

Votes: 202 46.8%
  • TFT Mobile

Votes: 71 16.4%

• Total voters

GasPanic!

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, none. But that said I am not interested in those genres (except card games) but alot of this stuff looks like a copy of another (Blizzard) game.
From what I've seen from streams I am pretty sure the card game won't dethrone Hearthstone, even if that one is struggling for over a year.

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yeah, none. But that said I am not interested in those genres (except card games) but alot of this stuff looks like a copy of another (Blizzard) game.
From what I've seen from streams I am pretty sure the card game won't dethrone Hearthstone, even if that one is struggling for over a year.

I only played a few games, but this is already better than HS. It has the IP to stay relevant, hopefully it makes waves so we have another big CCG for folks who want something meatier.

Mobile Legends exists and has for years

"full fat" moba. ml, vainglory & aov are fine for what they are, but they don't really hold up over time.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
The lore is completely unappealing to me, so it would only be if one of the games looked interesting. (So maybe the ARPG depending on what it is.)

GasPanic!

Oct 28, 2017
I only played a few games, but this is already better than HS. It has the IP to stay relevant, hopefully it makes waves so we have another big CCG for folks who want something meatier.

Most card games I've played doing a pretty good job in terms of mechanics. HS still has other advantages. It's still pretty satisfying to look at the art, animations, boards... Can't really say that about the rest. And it's probably still the easiest to understand.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
Most card games I've played doing a pretty good job in terms of mechanics. HS still has other advantages. It's still pretty satisfying to look at the art, animations, boards... Can't really say that about the rest. And it's probably still the easiest to understand.
I love Gwent, because I love Witcher and I love how it is realistic to get card kegs at a regular rate without paying. I love the style of Hearthstone but just could not keep up without the need to start investing.

GasPanic!

Oct 28, 2017
I love Gwent, because I love Witcher and I love how it is realistic to get card kegs at a regular rate without paying. I love the style of Hearthstone but just could not keep up without the need to start investing.
Yeah Gwent is a lot better in this regard. HS can be ridiculously expensive if you don't chain yourself to the game. From what I've seen the Riot game also has a better approach.
But generally it's though to keep up with more than one card game at a time.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Riot came for the king with these announcements. Will give everything a bash that isn't TFT or the anime.

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
All of them. Although I'll probably end up playing none. I'm not too keen on F2P monetization models, specially not Riot's in League.

Oct 28, 2017
I'll definitely be paying attention to the fighting game. LoL characters always seemed interesting to me, but I was never interested in MOBA gameplay. So, I've been hoping for a fighting game for a long time.

Oct 28, 2017
All, but the mobile and FPS. Love the league characters and cant wait to get a deeper look into the universe. Also excited for the animated series.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Project L, because basically it's gonna be a re-skinned Rising thunder and i was already supporting that game before the devs got bought.

Plus im a huge Fighting game nut.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be keeping an eye on the FPS and fighting game. Been waiting for the follow up to Rising Thunder for ages.

I might also give the console release a try since I've never played a MOBA.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Chalk me up as a none.
How long till they ban card tournament winners over Hong Kong? With the amount of Tencent investment, it can't be long.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
I'll maybe check out the Fighting game, FPS, and ARPG.
I always see the nice-looking League characters all over the place but mobas just aren't my thing.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
none. fuck this company, fuck people who support them, fuck the people who work there, fuck their careers, fuck you, fuck me.

nah I'll prob check out the fighting game, ARPG, FPS and definitely the anime.