• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which way do you keep your phone in your pants pocket?

• phone upside down, screen facing in

Votes: 411 65.4%
  • phone upside down, screen facing out

Votes: 44 7.0%
  • phone rightside up, screen facing in

Votes: 42 6.7%
  • phone rightside up, screen facing out

Votes: 22 3.5%
  • I'm inconsistent

Votes: 85 13.5%
  • I don't keep my phone in my pants pocket

Votes: 16 2.5%
  • I'm female, none of my clothing options have pockets big enough for phones

Votes: 8 1.3%

• Total voters

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Bored and thinking about this for some reason.

I know which way seems most logical for me (option 1), but maybe not everyone feels the same.

Deraldin

Oct 25, 2017
Upside down, screen in. Headphone jack is on the bottom, so always upside down. Screen facing in so that when I take it out of my pocket, I don't have to flip it over to use it.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Voted inconsistent. I don't pay close attention to this. If I'm using wired headphones, then whatever direction that will have the jack on top.

Asterikolt

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Upside down and inward, so that when I put my hand in my pocket it's already in the correct position in my hand, and my finger rests on the sensor so I unlock it as I take it out.

Also headphone jack is on the bottom so that's another reason.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i left the dragon radar in my other pants pocket

but it doesn't make a bit of difference, guys

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Upside down, screen facing in.

Usb port usually gets full of dust and lint in record time I feel. But I can't change the habit. The way it was on my hand, is the same way I slide it in my pocket.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
I used to run with my phone in my pocket upside down, screen inward but my leg sweat fucked up my speaker. Now I'm upside down screen outward.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
None of my pockets are big enough to fit my phone.

neferteetee

Oct 28, 2017
Connecticut, USA
When I'm at work and wearing scrubs I always have it face out. I usually have it connected to my Bluetooth headphones and that keeps my phone unlocked so if the face is towards my butt then crazy hijinks ensue.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Upside down screen facing out. I guess so I don't have to turn it around when I grab it? Idk, just the way I've always done it.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
I keep my phone in a belt pouch ever since phones started having big screens. But I still insert my phone in the pouch the same way I used to when keeping it in my pants pocket. Upside-down, screen facing in.

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
Upside down, screen in. Unless I have both of my phones in the same pocket, then it's upside down, screens facing each other.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
upside down, screen facing out, like a sane person who doesn't want to accidentally turn the screen on with their thigh

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Long as it's not in a pocket with keys, I'll put it anywhere, baby.

Case, no screen protector, never had a scratch.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Welp, at this early stage of the poll, I belong to the overwhelming majority.

Always screen inward -- the impact outside forces could potentially have against my leg could crack that shit so easily (and this is how I've seen most cracked screens happen to friends). I only place it downward because that's the side that my wired headphones have always plugged in. I'm wireless now (rip headphone jack) but it's an old habit that hasn't gone anywhere yet. I guess it's just a better position for my hand to be in as I pull it out as far as accessing my fingerprint reader goes, too.

Oct 25, 2017
What kind of malevolent deviant does phone rightside up, screen facing out
There are four of you so far
Show yourselves to me
so that I can report all your posts

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
screen towards my thigh normally and the opposite at work when i'm listening to music on my phone.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
First option is the only one that makes sense to me. Any other way and you need to juggle the phone. With the first option it's already the right way up to use it

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
I have a folio case now so I am inconsistent but without the case definitely option 1, mainly because that is how it naturally goes from holding it to pocket.

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
You know, with my old phone I'd keep it right-side up with the screen facing in since the headphone jack was on top but now that I got a new phone with it on the bottom, I'm gonna have to start putting it in my pocket upside down.

Huh

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I put it directly in my ass' line of fire just for the sheer thrill of it.

I don't even put it in my pants.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Used to be upside down, facing out for the longest time because I just did it without thinking. Came to my senses a little while ago and do upside down, facing in now. I have a case so the outside is protected, the screen is protected from cracking (banging into table edges, etc.) and I don't need to adjust my grip from pulling it out, to using it.

The people I don't understand are the ones that keep their phone on the opposite side to the hand they use (i.e. right-handed but keep phone in left pocket).

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
In my right front pocket but I dont really pay attention to how it goes in there.

Its vertical.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Huh i guess i'm quite consistent. Upside down, screen facing in so that I can quickly glance at the screen when I pull it out. Also more protection when I bump into tables.