• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

Found this to be a super interesting video. I didn't understand it fully but I understood it enough to be fascinated by it.

If you're iffy, just watch the video for 50 seconds, and if you're not interested enough to keep going then stop.

Talks about things like space-time and why "gravity" doesn't exist.

Last edited:

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Been a while since I watched one of these. Hope he and that Mythbuster guy had success with their show

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
My brain only got fucked twice! Interesting facts he showed. I didn't know that gravity didn't exist till today.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Crazy that Einstein figured this stuff out a century ago and its still not common knowledge

Its very difficult to wrap your head around

Bjoern

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
We're finally doing VSauce threads now?

I love these videos. They educate you in a fun and very understandable way.
Loved this one as well.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Cool video. Love VSauce. I wouldn't worry too much about not understanding general relativity, even most physicists don't! Mostly, the math involved (tensor analysis, differential geometry) is really difficult.
Conceptually speaking, if you want a good series of videos on general relativity, it's hard to get better than PBS Space time's. The first video is attached.

Also, as a general note, we have a Science|OT|! if you find this kind of stuff cool, be sure to check it out.

OP
OP
icyflamez96

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know but in my 6 years over there I had never ever seen a single VSauce thread.
I'm just happy to know that there are others in this community who enjoy watching and learning from these.

I'm pretty sure I made one on gaf before but it got very little attention lol.

We're finally doing VSauce threads now?

I love these videos. They educate you in a fun and very understandable way.
Loved this one as well.

I always saw him as the "modern" Bill Nye (before he made a return), but a lot more entertaining. A lot probably having to do with the fact that Bill Nye seems like he pulls things out of general education and makes it as fun and interesting as he can, while VSauce can talk about whatever he wants, which usually involves really interesting ideas & concepts that aren't taught in general education.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yay, Vsauce!

I love their channels! Michael and Jake are so enthusiastic about the topics that's it gets hard to not also get into it haha

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Great episode.

I'd also throw in another vote for Space Time. Great series of videos that introduces quite high end concepts in a very simple way. Sometimes requires you to watch 2 or 3 or more of their videos in advance, but they always link you to relevent videos.

linko9

Oct 27, 2017
Is this dude trying to get me to jump every few minutes? Why the hell is he popping up from the bottom of the screen all the time? Bizarre. Hard to take it seriously with that weird stunt, but it seems well done otherwise.

vider

Oct 27, 2017
Slovenia
Is this dude trying to get me to jump every few minutes? Why the hell is he popping up from the bottom of the screen all the time? Bizarre. Hard to take it seriously with that weird stunt, but it seems well done otherwise.
He's done that for years. It's sort of his shtick.

And you sort of get used to him popping up from the bottom of the screen and hearing: "Hey Vsauce, Michael here."

Mistle

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
cool to see a new vsauce vid, it feels like it's been ages. lately i've only seen him pop up on Adam Savage's Tested channel every now and then (another really great Youtube channel)

Deleted member 18095

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who's your favorite?

Derek from Veritasium is my absolute favorite. Such a smart guy.
Destin from Smarter Every Day is also really cool.

I guess that what I don't like about Michael is his goofiness... Anyway, great video just finished watching it. Always nice when someone explains complex concepts such as general relativity in simple and didactic ways.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
It's okay, but isn't his material a bit basic? We learn about mass, gravity and curvature in secondary school, this shouldn't be new. He's just exploring the implications while doing a lot of gurning and wordplay, because science is for craaaaazy guys, right?

Here's some stuff that really expands my mind. There's a slightly different approach too, but the content is what matters.

fleeting

Oct 27, 2017
x6rgu1wgfs7k.png