• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which WB Game Are You Most Excited To (Potentially) See At E3?

• Avalanche's Harry Potter RPG

Votes: 171 36.2%
  • Rocksteady's DC Game

Votes: 221 46.8%
  • WB Montreal's DC Game

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Netherrealm MK11 DLC

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • TT's Lego Star Wars

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Monolith's Next Game

Votes: 30 6.4%

• Total voters

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
One of the publishers I am most looking forward to this E3 is without a doubt is WB Games. They've quietly grown their roster of good developers and it's looking likely that one of these might have something releasing in Fall of this year, with some sort of reveal coming pretty soon. These are the lists of devs and their possible titles:

ROCKSTEADY

Rocksteady is without a doubt WB's top dev. They made their claim to fame through their Batman Arkham franchise, almost singlehandedly reviving superhero games. Since the climactic ending to the franchise in 2015 (Arkham Knight) they've been pretty silent. Fans have been eagerly guessing what their next project might be, and all have seemed to be DOA. The only things we know about this project are as follows:

• DC game
  • Features a team of superheroes
  • multiplayer
  • GaaS
  • NOT Superman, Batman, Justice League.
It could be anything else within DC's massive roster of heroes and villains, but one things remains certain. Whatever it is, they have my support. (Green Lantern Corps, please)

Rocksteady has recently been hiring for promo artists and the like, and with E3 right around the corner and WB's fall slate vacant, it might be just the time for Rocksteady to make their resurgence.

NETHERREALM

By now everyone is aware that Netherrealm is dropping Mortal Kombat 11 on April 23rd, but what else do you think they might have in store? My initial gut tells me that they are planning to tease something with DLC. I doubt we hear anything about an Injustice 3 or any other game from the studio.

AVALANCHE

Avalanche was acquired by WB in early 2017, and have since been tinkering away on a (recently leaked) AAA project set in the Harry Potter universe. Not much is known about this project codenamed Magic Awakened, but judging by the video that accompanied the leak, it might be ready to show. Here's what we know:

• 19th Century
  • Hogwarts
  • You play as a 5th year student
  • Action RPG
  • Choose from 8 character classes (good or evil)
A AAA Harry Potter game is something fans have been clamoring for, and is something I'm definitely looking forward to.

TT GAMES

Something we can always expect from TT games around E3 is the arrival of a new LEGO game. We don't have news on any this year yet, but one may have just leaked.

Matthew Wood from Lucasfilm recently said in an interview at this weekend's Star Wars Celebration that they are in the works on another LEGO game. The last time they released a LEGO Star Wars game was for the Force Awakens. Now, with the saga coming to a close this December with Rise of Skywalker, it looks like the series will draw from that and the previous released The Last Jedi, for it's next installment.

MONOLITH

Monolith has managed to put out two good games set within the Middle Earth franchise; Shadow of Mordor in 2014 and it's sequel Shadow of War in 2017. Fans might be expecting for them to conclude the series, but job postings have pointed to them actually going in a different direction. In the postings, they ask for open world experience and a love for "science fiction".

In the past, Monolith has been in charge of the Matrix property. Their last game in 2005 with the Matrix Online. Now with them fully being under WB and having complete ownership of the IP, could they be going back into that world? E3 seems like a good time to drop a megaton like that, but since their last project was a couple years ago, it might be too early for them to show anything.

WB MONTREAL

Last but not least, WB Montreal. Since their last title in 2013 (Arkham Origins), WBM has struggled to get a game off the ground. They've developed concepts for a futuristic Batman game starring Damian Wayne, the Suicide Squad, and even Superman, but none have been able to get past the greenlight stage.

WBM employees have been teasing their fans lately with coy references to Batman and his villains, most notably the Court of Owls. Batman is an easy bet, but it's also been leaked through another employee that they have not one but TWO DC games in development. The only things we know about these projects are this:

• DC games
  • Open World
  • UE4
  • One is SP the other is a "Next Gen Multiplayer, New IP"

Since beginning their latest attempt in late 2016/early 2017, it might be time for WBM to make an appearance, and they are no stranger to E3. Who knows which heroes they are working on, but I'm excited to see either project.

So, out of all these projects, which are you most excited to potentially see at E3?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Rocksteady's game with a release date for somewhere in 2020.

This has been in the works for years now so I'm excited to see what it is, especially considering it's not a Superman game.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
The Harry potter game, simply because we've only gotten close to its potential with the pretty good movie tie in games on the PS2 and order of the phoenix. But a fully fledged open world game seems fantastic, and im not even that big off a Harry potter fan.

Really i just want a game that takes the attitude of bully and expands on it.

Interested in both rocksteady and Montreals DC games depending on who there based on ( If there batman games, cool, if there batman games with the joker as the main villain i will scream.)

MK11 DLC of course im hyped for but thats DLC.

Monolith i assume will be a new mordor game?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
The Harry Potter game, no doubt. It's essentially a dream game for me. I hope they put some nice time and budget into it, because it could be great. The leaked footage looked really good, and that was really early footage, so I'm optimistic.

After that, Rocksteady's. It's been a long time and I can't wait to see what they've been doing.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Straight up, I voted MK11 DLC because I'm not a fan of DC shit (though I'd still get a good enough Rocksteady game). I just want to see who's coming to the MK roster at this point given the options.

Harry Potter could be awesome, just not confident it actually will be.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought Origins was very underrated. Definitely the best story in the franchise.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
As much as I'm looking forward to seeing what Rocksteady is doing, I can't deny that a good Harry Potter game (action or RPG) would be very exciting. Really hope to see that look great.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Time for Rocksteady to show their hands. It'll be 4 years since Arkham Knight this June.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Normally i'd say Rocksteady, but GAAS and multiplayer are 2 things I really don't care for.

Monolith is hopefully doing something exciting with the Nemesis system again, but OP mentions another online game license as possibility so... pass.

Don't care for Harry Potter; don't care for Lego, really.

So my vote goes for a new single-player game from WB Montreal. Arkham Origins had a great story, arguably better than any of the Rocksteady games; so hopefully their new game can improve the mechanical side of things.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sick of waiting to hear anything at all about what Rocksteady is doing, so I voted for Harry Potter because an original story and concept in the universe could be awesome.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
A polished Harry Potter game sounds like a childhood dream. Of course I'm interested in whatever Rocksteady is cooking up, but GaaS automatically makes me skeptical.

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
Monolith is my favorite out of the bunch so I voted for them, but HPRPG has so much potential by just being a AAA full-blown RPG in HP world.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
WB Montreal's Arkham game.

Rocksteady's game being infested with GaaS stuff really kills the hype for me. Plus I just don't really like DC characters outside of Batman, so it's unlikely that the license will do much for me.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Unless they have a surprise outside game they're publishing (like Hitman 2 last year), I think WB is mostly done for the generation outside of Lego and maybe Rocksteady. The ladder of which I am dying to see!

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Was gonna vote Rocksteady until a team of superheroes multiplayer GaaS.
So I suppose Monolith.
Avalanche could be cool, but I'm not really a Potterhead.

g23

Oct 27, 2017
Hold up. I thought avalanche had games coming out with Bethesda (rage II) and most recently square enix (just cause 4).

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Just tell me what the hell Rocksteady and WB Montreal are up to. It's been long enough.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever Rocksteady and Montreal are up to. If their games don't have single player campaigns, however, my interest plummets.

My girlfriend would be psyched about Harry Potter.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Hold up. I thought avalanche had games coming out with Bethesda (rage II) and most recently square enix (just cause 4).
That Avalanche actually just released a co-op shooter this month, whose name I'm blanking out on right now.

But WB owns another studio called Avalanche.

Apr 8, 2018
Definitely excited to see more of the Harry Potter RPG by Avalanche. I guess I'm excited to see Rocksteady's new project too, but I was expecting it to be revealed forever ago which kinda drained my interest lol.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I want to finally see what the hell Rocksteady has been working on. It's amazing to me that it's been 4 years since Arkham Knight and we've never gotten any real concrete leaks regarding what they've been developing. Just a bunch of rumors and hearsay.

Nov 8, 2017
I want to finally see what the hell Rocksteady has been working on. It's amazing to me that it's been 4 years since Arkham Knight and we've never gotten any real concrete leaks regarding what they've been developing. Just a bunch of rumors and hearsay.

The most recent I heard is that they're working on a suicide squad game after Montreal had theirs axed. I really hope that's false lol because if RS and Montreal spent the last four years playing musical chairs then what a waste.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Rocksteady's game, but I am hoping that Harry Potter game actually turns out well. HP has so much potential in video game form.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Harry Potter.

Are they really making another LEGO Star Wars? Why not remaster the trilogy instead like they did Harry Potter?

Oct 26, 2017
Do not take it as reputable, it's an indirect source via people I trust who know people that I don't necessarily trust because I don't know them. I'm really hoping it's false, too, as I said.

They're making a co-op loot game and all of their loot designers they hired have worked on work exclusively on guns so I'm guessing it's a Suicide Squad Destiny clone based on that info.

Summer 2021 to come out near the movie makes sense for the game.

Oct 29, 2017
It was Rocksteadys game before I heard of the big multiplayer emphasis it seems to have, pretty much expecting it to be online only at this point. Maybe WB's SP game or the Harry Potter RPG.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Do not take it as reputable, it's an indirect source via people I trust who know people that I don't necessarily trust because I don't know them. I'm really hoping it's false, too, as I said.
It would be really sad to hear Rocksteady's new game is Suicide Squad. All those other properties at their disposal and WB still keeps trying to make them happen.
They're making a co-op loot game and all of their loot designers they hired have worked on work exclusively on guns so I'm guessing it's a Suicide Squad Destiny clone based on that info.

Summer 2021 to come out near the movie makes sense for the game.
Does WB still do the whole synergy across media thing? I thought they kind of abandoned it after Arkham City.

Deleted member 1105

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I am very interested to see what Rocksteady is going to put out next, that Harry Potter RPG is something I have wanted for so long.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Rocksteady for sure because I know it'll be great. Conceptually I can't wait to see that Harry Potter game. Feels like what that brand should be game wise.

Oct 26, 2017
It would be really sad to hear Rocksteady's new game is Suicide Squad. All those other properties at their disposal and WB still keeps trying to make them happen.
Does WB still do the whole synergy across media thing? I thought they kind of abandoned it after Arkham City.

I mean, synergy across media isn't common anymore, but Rocksteady looks around two years away from finishing and Gunn's Suicide Squad is a little over two years from releasing so the timing might be close enough for it to make sense.