• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which WB Game Are You Most Excited To (Potentially) See At E3?

• Avalanche's Harry Potter RPG

Votes: 171 36.2%
  • Rocksteady's DC Game

Votes: 221 46.8%
  • WB Montreal's DC Game

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Netherrealm MK11 DLC

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • TT's Lego Star Wars

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Monolith's Next Game

Votes: 30 6.4%

• Total voters

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
they ask for open world experience and a love for "science fiction".
Science fiction huh?
268x0w.png

come on monolith...

Yes there is an Avalanche Software- Disney infinity...
and an Avalanche Studios- Rage 2

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
I always really wished I liked Harry Potter but I find it so lame , so def Rocksteadys next game it's been so damn long!

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, synergy across media isn't common anymore, but Rocksteady looks around two years away from finishing and Gunn's Suicide Squad is a little over two years from releasing so the timing might be close enough for it to make sense.
You think RS is still two years out? I mean they've been hiring for promo artists since February. They should have something to show soon based off that alone, right?

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WB Montreal game. It looks like Rocksteady game is a GAAS "Online-DC Universe kinda" and that's not something i like.

arkay

Nov 8, 2017
Only care for Rocksteady. Although the rumor of it being a GaaS game kills some of the hype and it's probably next-gen only at this point.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Ugh, WB has had some really strong games, but the rumor mill needs to leave them alone.

I am hard pressed to think of another major developer that Era gets me excited about...only to then have nothing announced....event after event. (And no, I'm not counting Mortal Kombat or Lego. Predicting those sequels in those existing engines borders on death & taxes.)

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
The prospect of a good HP game is exciting, but I need to see what Rocksteady's been doing.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the Arkham games so I'm definitely curious to see what Rocksteady has been working on for so long.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Rocksteady only released a single game this entire gen. WB Montreal hasn't even managed to do that. I'd like to know what either of these studios are doing.

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
I am amped to see what the WB Montreal team can do with a decent time frame and budget.

Arkham Origins was the overall best of the Arkham games even though it was depicted as a B-tier filler game.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling Rocksteady's project will be 'Legion of Superheroes' as a GaaS Destiny-like. Regardless I've resigned myself to the fact that it'll probably have an off-putting business model.

I'm really interested in seeing what WB Montreal do with a new Arkham game. I'm excited about how the ideas of their cancelled projects might manifest in a Batman game (I believe their previous Batman project planned to implement Shadow of Mordor's Nemesis system). I'm excited to see what a Batman game trying to raise the graphical bar beyond Arkham Knight, and perhaps implementing the performance capture technologies of Injustice 2, would look like. I'm excited to see a Batman game developed knowing that stiff competition in the genre (with Marvel's Spider-Man) would exist.

Pretty much every permutation of what WB Montreal's Bataman game could be has me excited. It could be a smaller scale game than Knight and I'd find that exciting too.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno that we're gonna see Harry Potter yet (it's clearly next gen, and next gen is seemingly 2020). But that, for sure.
I still think that leaked Harry Potter looked like something involving VR, I guess were wait and see.
Why have such a robust character creator then?

...Oh dear. Now you've got me imagining a next-gen, Harry Potter, VR MMO. I don't think my heart could handle an announcement that incredible.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Harry Potter RPG, I know that what Rocksteady is making gonna be amazing, but a Harry Potter RPG was totally unexpected and it's been a while since we had a good Harry Potter game.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Such a damn shame that Rocksteady is shifting to GaaS and Multiplayer...yet ANOTHER single player developer moving to something I don't give a shit about. It hurts.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm most excited about the Harry Potter RPG. It's been so many years since I've enjoyed a good Harry Potter game (Chamber of Secrets) and I'm hopeful this is going to work very well. Since this has not been so long in development yet, I'm not exactly expecting it this E3 but it would be a welcomed addition to the lineup.

Second place, Rocksteady's new game. Even though it's GaaS and I'm not super interested in that kind of games, I'll wait and see what Rocksteady can make of it.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Is it certain that rocksteady is working on GAAS stuff? Super disappointing if true. Their batman games are some of the most fun single player games in a minute

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't aware there was a potential Harry Potter game in the mix. That sounds cool, hope it's real and ends up being good.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Rocksteady if it's batman, anything else will just disappoint me. Also that Harry Potter game looked damn good for a next gen game.

Is it certain that rocksteady is working on GAAS stuff? Super disappointing if true. Their batman games are some of the most fun single player games in a minute
Singleplayer games can be GaaS too....Infact most of them are already.

Jul 13, 2018
So you're telling me that Rocksteady threw out nearly an entire year's worth of work in order to pick up WB Montreal's cancelled Suicide Squad project? That sure is one hell of a head scratcher if you ask me.

I just don't see this happening unless WB absolutely NEEDS to get a Suicide Squad game out there. Who knows, it may very well end up being WB's answer to Borderlands. I'd however be a bit disappointed if after 4+ years of silence, Rocksteady's big project turned out to be just another 3rd person looter.

If WB is so desperate for a villain line-up, I'd rather Rocksteady take on the Injustice concept and develop an open world co-op action RPG based off those characters. Now that would be awesome.

Last edited:

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
Rocksteady silence worries me that they've gone back to formula a couple times. Focusing on Gaas is not the hot ticket it was a couple years ago and WB properties seem a mess at the moment.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
WB Montreal's game.

Even though Origins was built on the back of what Rocksteady had already established, it's still the best superhero game ever made. I want to know if it was just a fluke.

Sea lion

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Harry potter has insane potential.
Can't wait for the unveiling. I hope there's some monster raising elements with the fantastic beasts. Want me a Thestral.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Such a damn shame that Rocksteady is shifting to GaaS and Multiplayer...yet ANOTHER single player developer moving to something I don't give a shit about. It hurts.
GaaS can be single player only, and most singleplayer games are GaaS. Stop misusing the term.

I don't understand why people keep using it as a negative.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Rocksteady for sure, then the HP game. Although I don't wanna get my hopes up with Avalanche.

Jul 13, 2018
They're making a co-op loot game and all of their loot designers they hired have worked on work exclusively on guns so I'm guessing it's a Suicide Squad Destiny clone based on that info.

Summer 2021 to come out near the movie makes sense for the game.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there Suicide Squad members who actually don't use guns? I'm pretty sure there are variations of the team that include Killer Frost, King Shark, Professor Zoom, etc and those characters certainly wouldn't use guns. How do you think "loot" would work for those? Unless of course, the team was compromised of just Deathstroke, Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Rick Flag, etc (typical gun wielding villains).

Last edited:

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Harry Potter no doubt about it.

There is so much potential in the franchise for an actual AAA RPG it seems crazy that it took this long for one to be made.