• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
With many big titles coming in a single year, do you think there are titles which will remain exclusive to my little U?

For me, these have a low chance of happening:

Splatoon. Of course, with 2 being here, this has basically zero chance and zero reason to happen.

Super Mario Maker. I suspect Switch will see 2 on it like Splatoon, also was already ported to the 3DS.

Kirby Rainbow Curse and Yoshi's Woolly World. Both franchises will see a new installment in a few months, also the first is basically unplayable without touch controls and the second already got the 3DS port.

StarFox Zero. Would be hard to implement with its controversial controls, also being pretty badly received I think Nintendo would want to distance themselves from the game, and sadly the franchise as a whole. Guard also will disappear completely.

Project Zero V. Might work, but I think simply going straight o VI would make more sense. It would also probably be a bomb on Switch too.

Mario 3D World. Going back to its apparent simplicity after Odyssey I think would be detrimental. 2D Mario would make much more sense, apparently going against what I just said. Captain Toad would make much more sense and could become its own IP.

Mario Party and Tennis. Let's just forget about these shall we.

Last one, controversially: Smash Bros. U. I feel a new installment would be much more interesting honestly, or a 4.5 port. Not a straight one.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Splatoon, even though it's a shame to see that campaign stuck on Wii U. Nintendo Land, for obvious reasons. Yoshi since it got a 3DS port. Smash and Mario Maker will likely come to Switch, but they won't be marketed as ports. Star Fox and Kirby are too dependent on the second/touch screen. Mario Party and Tennis since those never get ported.

I think everything else is fair game.

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
... I don't know about never, but I am concerned Tokyo Mirage Sessions won't see a port, and that's the last Wii U title not getting a port that I want to play.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival

That game can stay dead and I don't think it was particularly successful, even for the Wii U.

Volkoff

Oct 27, 2017
Yo-hio
As much as I would love it, and would help me actually finish it, i doubt we ever see Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE ported over.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Game & Wario.
Wii U Sports Club.

Both games are too reliant on using the tablet controller second screen to make a port feasible. Too bad more people didn't get to try Sports Club, the golf game was great.

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Wonderful 101 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE are the ones I really want.

I'm confident we'll see re-releases of the HD Zelda remasters though, and Smash is all but assured of making its way over to Switch.

Those are really the only games I really want to have the chance to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.