• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Xbox Exclusive will be the next to hit 90+ on Metacritic ?

• Halo Infinite

Votes: 114 11.9%
  • Gears 5

Votes: 63 6.6%
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Votes: 555 57.9%
  • Ninja Theory New Game

Votes: 39 4.1%
  • Forza Horizon 5

Votes: 187 19.5%

• Total voters

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Forza Horizon 5. I'd love to see Ori manage it (or any of the games, more great games is great, obviously) but I'm not quite sure what they could do that the original didn't to manage the couple of extra points, whereas the Horizon series is pretty much established as one of, if not the, best racing series at the moment therefore more of the same quality would keep them there.

OP
OP
BladeRunner2099
Aug 26, 2018
Forza Horizon 5. I'd love to see Ori manage it (or any of the games, more great games is great, obviously) but I'm not quite sure what they could do that the original didn't to manage the couple of extra points, whereas the Horizon series is pretty much established as one of, if not the, best racing series at the moment therefore more of the same quality would keep them there.

if they do Japan for FH5 and improve Online Multiplayer, its a sure shot 90+.

Imagine FH5 Japan on a Scarlett machine and with RTX 4k 60. Drooling!

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Forza Horizon 5. The Horizon games are the only consistently scoring 90+ Microsoft exclusives this gen. No surprise that 3 was the highest scored MS exclusive this gen until 4 came along.

Also I don't get this obsession with Metacritic tbh.

OP
OP
BladeRunner2099
Aug 26, 2018
Forza Horizon 5

Also I don't get this obsession with Metacritic tbh

Well, I would say a 90+ requires universal consensus of the core fundamentals, enjoyability and experience. I am not saying Metacritic is the be it all, end all. But I definitely trust a lot of the media outlets. Youtubers like Karak, Giant Bomb, Easy Allies opinions matter to me too.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
they all multiplatform games and ori is not first party so i wont even count that.
outdide of forza horizon which has been getting 90 or higher for the last 2 games none of them studios got what it takes to make a 90 plus game.
can play them on PS4 or Switch? If not then they are Exclusive to Micrsoft Store (XB and Windows)

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
I think all the Forza games, (Horizon AND Motorsport) are going to a 3 or 4 year development cycle. 2 years isn't enough these days. Also, considering they have no competition from Sony in this area, why bother?

Yep. People are expecting no Motorsport in 2019, so it can be a launch title for Next-Xbox in 2020. Meaning Horizon in 2021.

Kerozinn

Banned
May 11, 2018
Well, then none of Xbox's exclusives can be considered since they are all on PC.

I think with time, money and a great team, you will be surprised. All of these games are going to be solid games for sure especially Gears and Halo with the time and teams they have, its a question of them making a GREAT game rather than a good/very good game.

it takes alot more than a SOLID game to get a 90+

I would definitely go Ori, the first reviewed very well and Ori has a lot of potential to grow. Everything we have heard and seen of the game sounds very promising, so I would bet it's likely.

Ignoring the exclusive semantics, Ori is definitely first party. MS owns the IP and funds the development, MSGP looks over the project.

what are you talking about? microsoft only publishes the game!
Moon Studios has never been aquired by MS.

Street Fighter 5 was funded by Sony but that doesnt mean they OWN Capcom.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My guess is Forza Horizon 5. I think Ori WotW will fall just short, similar to the original.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
Easily Ori and the Will of the Wisps. From the last gameplay trailer we have seen it had huge improvements over the last one.

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
None of those. Ori will be in the mid 80s which is good let's not act like it isn't.

Forza Horizon 5 will probably face some reviewer backlash over the way 4's been handled since it released and the fact that they're running out of ways to keep that series fresh.

Ninja Theory doesn't have it in them to make a 90+ caliber game. Their best shot was Hellblade and they still didn't do it.

Gears and Halo are both declining franchises that, so far, haven't changed that much. We'll see what happens with these next games but if they end up like gears 4 and halo 5 they're only going to continue to lose traction with reviewers.

It's just really hard to get into the 90s nowadays. There's even media goty contenders every year that don't break that barrier, like Horizon last year (89).

In defense of FH5 I think they can add bikes and this will change the landscape for the next game.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Ori I feel can if better than the first game. Though voted for Horizon 5 as feel Ori will be high 80's.

Evangelista

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
I agree. Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata are great games and both should have been 90+ in my opinion but were not.

But you could argue we have had a few 90+ games from all 3 platforms in the last 3 years:

Xbox: FH3, FH4
Sony : Bloodborne, God of War
Nintendo : Zelda BoTW, Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Persona 5 is a third party but it is exclusive. Same Shadow of Colossus because is a remake not only a remaster.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Ori is next up. I think all of these have potential to hit this mark. I'm confident the coalition will deliver something special. Halo: Infinite is the only one I have reservations about

Evangelista

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
I think they would have but the licensing deals with Bike companies must be insanely hard to get, else we would have had it by now.
I thought it was easy than cars... Well to add bikes they need to make a few changes to be fair. I don't think is so simple.
And knowing PG if they do will be in an amazing way.

OP
OP
BladeRunner2099
Aug 26, 2018
Gears 5 can be 85+ It's Focus on story and characters...and it's handle well then it can reach 85+ easily

I think these are not enough. The gameplay getting stale was one of the main complaints of Gears 4, Gears 4 MP while fun was also not really fun after a while in my opinion. They need a big revamp of the gameplay while keeping the cover mechanics and the essence of Gears.

The focus on Kate on the much darker story gives me hope. Gears 4 had its share of fun one liners but became a bit annoying since the chemistry was not there unlike the original trilogy. Hope they improve on that.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Gonna go with Ori.

Way too soon to comment on whatever Ninja Theory is working on.

343 haven't made a solid halo game yet. Though infinite seems promising. Still pretty early for that one though.

Gears will be fine but fall short. 88-89 I'm thinking.

Forza Horizon 5 might do it as well but kind of wonder if folks will be over the formula by then.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
what are you talking about? microsoft only publishes the game!
Moon Studios has never been aquired by MS.
The IP belongs to MS

i can play them on my pc anytime but the title says xbox exclusive even tho noone needs a xbox for none if these games.

you can play them there yet you still need windows System and Some time their Store......

and yes they are Still Xbox exclusive since the team behind it are xbox team

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gears 5 is going to surprise a lot of people, I'm expecting big things from The Coalition and I think they'll get over 90MC, in saying that though Ori should drop first and I think that will easily do 90MC.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly probably only Ori or Forza Horizon 5. I mean none of their other upcoming games look like they have a chance. To the people saying Halo Infinite I'll just say this: How many FPS games have scored a 90+ this generation? I think that's all I need to say. It would need to do something really innovative and I just don't see it.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
I think these are not enough. The gameplay getting stale was one of the main complaints of Gears 4, Gears 4 MP while fun was also not really fun after a while in my opinion. They need a big revamp of the gameplay while keeping the cover mechanics and the essence of Gears.

The focus on Kate on the much darker story gives me hope. Gears 4 had its share of fun one liners but became a bit annoying since the chemistry was not there unlike the original trilogy. Hope they improve on that.
yes that's true

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited for some of it but I don't expect a +90 game here

Hope they surprise me

OP
OP
BladeRunner2099
Aug 26, 2018
Gonna go with Ori.

Way too soon to comment on whatever Ninja Theory is working on.

343 haven't made a solid halo game yet. Though infinite seems promising. Still pretty early for that one though.

Gears will be fine but fall short. 88-89 I'm thinking.

Forza Horizon 5 might do it as well but kind of wonder if folks will be over the formula by then.

This! Exactly my thoughts.

If I only had to review Halo 4 SP & Halo 5 MP, they would be more than solid. They are fantastic.