• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Countdown for "Insider sources say Trump is very unhappy with Sarah's handling of the issue and is looking for a replacement for her position. He doesn't dare say it to her face, though".

Effnine

Oct 28, 2017
Who cares if there's a tape? Anyone with a modicum of brain power knows the truth already, and everyone else will just think it's fake news anyways. If even if the tape came out it would literally change nothing. This is just red meat for the media and we all should be focusing on more important and pressing things than the fact that the president is a racist.

People should very much care. We should never dismiss or play down the fact that the President is a fucking racist.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
When the tapes surface, Sanders will say, "He was trying to reach out to the black community. When he says it, it's a compliment and never racist or hateful."

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
But if there are tapes then they are fake and the fake news media enemy of the people should be shot....or something.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
She did it! Congrats Sarah. See, it's not that hard to not lie. You should try it more often
Bar successfully lowered!

giphy.gif

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
Every day, something completely bizarre. I mean, not unexpected or strange in the context of what we're dealing with here, but bizarre in that this cannot be normalized.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
"Trump was on wheel of fortune and was asked to describe people who annoy him. First letter was N, last was R, most of know what we would say" Sanders then gave a slight nod and winked quickly to the packed room of reporters..

Jan 10, 2018
Also, you know what, jobs and the economy aren't fucking everything. I'm so sick to fucking death of their defense on every possible thing being about how many new jobs there are.

"You're putting kids into concentration camps."
"Yeah but look how many new jobs we've made!!"

The neoliberal obsession with employment rates is something else.

The liberal focus always has to be that every member of the society is treated as equal and that your job provides enough money to live.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
The worst part of this is the BS about how he is the president for all Americans. Bull fucking shit. He despises 65% of Americans and literally everything he does is driven by bolstering his insane and cultish 35% base.

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Sarah recorded him saying the N world...recently!

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"But black people have the lowest unemployment rate since the 70s, how can Trump be racist?"

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Obama_Stri.jpg

5434096981_74977b365e_b.jpg

Can't wait for the tapes where he's casually talking to his cronies "And then I told those N words, what the hell do you have to lose?!?"

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They'll use the rap lyrics excuse. "If Obama can say it why can't Trump? You're the real racist for trying to restrict words to one race!" - Trump Supporters.

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
How is this not massive news? it should be front page everywhere

Because when we get right down for it, everyone sane know's he's a racist and knows there's a 99% chance he said this.

And, when we get right down to it, we know that audio of him saying the n-word will just embolden his base and have them all saying "see, he's just like us"

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I think the most likely excuse will be, "It was so long ago, his heart has changed".

The problem is he just called Omarosa a "low-life" and a "dog"....TODAY.

He's also had a hard-on for black NFL players calling them "sons of bitches", he doesn't want people from "shithole" countries from Africa, and calling half dozen other African American "low IQ" from athletes, newsmen, and congressmen.

So even if he says the N-word on a tape from 2003, it'll be very hard to argue he's far removed from those sentiments.

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That would've been useful in 2016.
It would have, but the media was too busy running victory laps, and pretending it was a lock instead of a close-ass race.

Tom Arnold (known shit-talker, I know) claimed he had the tape and didn't release it because he was NDA'd on it and knew it would cost him, and the election seemed like a lock either way so it wouldn't make a difference.

Now, he has a show on Viceland premiering next month in which he pretends to look for these tapes, which could me A) he was always full of shit, or B) This is his way of getting paid and generating hype leading up to "finding" something he had all along. The timing would coincide well for an October surprise as well.

Just something to keep an eye out for.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
This should be further proof that many white Americans parade out the "black jobs" argument to:

1) minimize and silence real critique from people of color and their allies about the serious damage this country does every day to minorities.

2) portray black people as "ungrateful"

3) pat themselves on the back for other people's work.

Deleted member 9838

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Because when we get right down for it, everyone sane know's he's a racist and knows there's a 99% change he said this.

And, when we get right down to it, we know that audio of him saying the n-word will just embolden his base and have them all saying "see, he's just like us"
yea but nah, that shit can be weaponized like crazy against him and his base. it's a smoking gun for all the idiots who don't follow politics to know he is clearly racist. it would hurt him tremendously

yall really think he's invincible and you're just making it worse thinking like this.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This will probably have no real consequences for Trump, but man am I glad it's happening. It's so cathartic to watch his cheerleaders squirm.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would be a bigger surprise if it didn't exist and I'm sure it could leak and it wouldn't make a jot of difference either. It's not like him or his supporters are hiding they're a bunch of racists. Who's the person that needs him to actually say it before they're like "whoa, maybe this guy sucks"

scorcho59

Oct 28, 2017
How would a "n-word" tape make the slightest, this man has already been on record saying the worst things, he can literally shoot someone on 5th Avenue and nothing would change, if anything his support would grow

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
This should be further proof that many white Americans parade out the "black jobs" argument to:

1) minimize and silence real critique from people of color and their allies about the serious damage this country does every day to minorities.

2) portray black people as "ungrateful"

3) pat themselves on the back for other people's work.
They never point out our household income. I wonder why...

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Susan Hennessey
I'm going to make a prediction that may be naive and might be proven wrong soon enough. But I honestly believe that if a tape of the President saying the n-word is made public, he will be forced to resign or at a minimum not run for reelection.
https://twitter.com/Susan_Hennessey/status/1029413672316227585

Vs.

Rick Wilson
Disagree. It will be the introduction of that word into the GOP's political vocabulary. It'll be shrugged off, forgiven, normalized, and then praised as a transgression that shakes up the system. Watch.
https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/1029459203830759424

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
On the one hand, I understand why the tape is a big deal, but it must be really demoralizing for black people - if this tape ends up swaying opinion - that your need the most concrete, impossible to dispute, explicit kind of receipt to back up an assement of character that is so clear for anyone to see (who doesn't have an agenda to willfully misconstrue reality).

But I also realize that it is an important "chess-piece", in the sense that it's so damning as to not have any plausible deniability.

If the scattered reports are to be believed, Trump's team was wrestling with this very thing: how do we come up with a reasonable context in which the n-word would make sense being spoken by Trump?

So it's this situation that simultaneously feels like a pointless exercise, akin to doing a scientific report on whether or not water is wet, but also fills a valuable function, by virtue of how incredibly difficult it is to spin this into something it is not.

And that could be useful against a political movement that has made gaslighting and reality-distortion their go-to tool, in a way that is genuinely chilling to see play out.

As a black person...... this is the norm for how racism in regards towards us is usually treated by mainstream media. Systemic and even subtle racism is deniable unless a gotcha video/tape is provided. We're just all seeing it on the largest stage possible.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Trump has lowered the bar so low in being president that people would be not at all be surprised to know his uttered that word. Some would celebrate.

That's how low his brought the presidency. Remember the days that conservatives would talk shit about Obama and his family 'sullying' the white house.

Where's all that talk from them now? What changed? :p

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017