• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, yes this will hurt him a great deal, and I'll tell you why:

Most of Trump's followers do not self-identify as racists, they're mostly people who's idea of being "not racist" is ignoring race and race issues and telling POC to shut up and know their place. Which looks a lot like racism to anyone with sense, but they don't think of it that way.

For these people, making bigotry explicit is kind of breaking the rules. Many of them will, of course, downplay and make excuses for this, or say "What about Jeremiah Wright" or something. But they're not going to outright give him a pass, either, and it's going to move the needle. Even if it moves it 5 points, Trump can't really afford to lose that. He's really counting on gaining 5 points from creeping normalization to even hold on.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
zzAqGYO.jpg

The only reason Trump would be embarrassed by using a racial slur where people could find out about it is would mean he dropped his game face for a moment.

It'd be like Trump making a gaffe by walking out on stage at one of his cult rallies and blurting out "HAW HAW HI ALL YOU STUPID RUBES!"

Oct 26, 2017
As a black person...... this is the norm for how racism in regards towards us is usually treated by mainstream media. Systemic and even subtle racism is deniable unless a gotcha video/tape is provided. We're just all seeing it on the largest stage possible.

This is so true. I think the vast majority of black and hispanic Americans in this country, I already know Trump is a racist. But in order for the mainstream media and public at large to fully recognize it, there needs to be a "gotcha" audio/video with the explicit use of racial slurs for Trump to be a certified racist. So unfortunately we have to play that game of needing to find that "gotcha" evidence in order to prove what we already know is as obvious as his fake orange tan.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who cares if there's a tape? Anyone with a modicum of brain power knows the truth already, and everyone else will just think it's fake news anyways. If even if the tape came out it would literally change nothing. This is just red meat for the media and we all should be focusing on more important and pressing things than the fact that the president is a racist.

This tape is critical for the white swing voters, "moderates", to vote Democrat in 2018/2020, or at least stay the fuck home. Anything short of the n-word isn't enough. You and I know that the president is a racist, there's a ton of evidence. These people that I'm talking about don't react to dog-whistles or even an air horn. It'll take a metaphorical slap in the face to rouse them.

As a black person...... this is the norm for how racism in regards towards us is usually treated by mainstream media. Systemic and even subtle racism is deniable unless a gotcha video/tape is provided. We're just all seeing it on the largest stage possible.

Sad but true.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
The spin is already there in what she says, if in prototype form perhaps.

That is - "his heart is in the right place, I know his heart. those words don't represent what's in his heart and what he's doing for the American people and African-Americans every day blah blah blah"

The separation of 'his heart' from the words that may have come out of his mouth is already taking shape in her meanderings on the topic. Moreover, that's probably the justification she's already making in her mind to stand behind him herself even if these tapes emerge.

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.

And I am sympathetic to that.

In the case of Trump - or perhaps more accurately in the era of Trump - it's not even subtle, which I have to assume makes it even more infuriating when other people still feel the need to do the whole "what on earth could you possibly be talking about, please provide rigorous documentation" routine.

It's not a 1-to-1 comparison, but I feel the burden of proof tends to be higher for racism, than it is for - for example - homophobia, or other transgressions.

If people are clever enough to decode what Elon Musk meant by his use of "(sus)" in his now infamous tweet, we have to - on some baseline level - agree that we all have the ability to read between the lines as far as what people are actually communicating.

It's an odd thing to see people vacillate between being perfectly capable of understanding subtext, and only understanding the exterior world in a literal sense.

Tangeroo

Oct 26, 2017
When the tape of Trump dropping n-bombs comes out, his supporters will what-about this into the ground. I'm assuming they'll hand-wave it with how rappers say it all the time and if anything, black people are the real racists. I guarantee he will not lose any supporters over dropping the n-word because anyone left at this point is in for the long haul.

Raven117

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When the tape of Trump dropping n-bombs comes out, his supporters will what-about this into the ground. I'm assuming they'll hand-wave it with how rappers say it all the time and if anything, black people are the real racists. I guarantee he will not lose any supporters over dropping the n-word because anyone left at this point is in for the long haul.
Agreed. It may have some sway over who shows up for the mid-term elections to vote, but for his supporters, it wont make a dent. And to most other people, they would never support him anyway, so it wont make a dent.

Oct 27, 2017
"He said it while he was still a Democrat."

"Other presidents have said worse under stress."

"He didn't mean it in a hateful way."

"If they can say it, he [we] can too."

"It's just a word, it's not like he assaulted anyone."

"Freedom of speech."

" *Black unemployment numbers* "

"The real racists are those trying to divide us over a simple word."
ERA is gonna have deflection bingo cards for this when the tape finally comes out.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, his supporters will praise him for using it. White moderates and "liberal" media outlets will be the ones to have the "If this word is such an issue, why do black people continue to use it?" discussions.
Though I doubt Don Lemon will be leading the charge this time...
don-lemon-nigger--compressed.jpg

KBq4ADX.jpg

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
If he can get elected after the infamous "grab em by the pussy", mocking disabled people etc I sadly doubt this tape will make any difference to his supporters

GrooveCommand

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This tape is critical for the white swing voters, "moderates", to vote Democrat in 2018/2020, or at least stay the fuck home. Anything short of the n-word isn't enough. You and I know that the president is a racist, there's a ton of evidence. These people that I'm talking about don't react to dog-whistles or even an air horn. It'll take a metaphorical slap in the face to rouse them.

Sad but true.

I disagree the democrats needs moderates to win in 2018 and 2020. You know, half the country didn't vote in 2016 and the reason for that had little to do with race. Democrats need an actual message that resonates with people. While I agree that racism is a serious and worthwhile problem in the US and needs to be addressed, I don't think Democrats are going to be winning over a whole bunch of moderate voters because Trump is racist.

25% of registered voters didn't vote in 2016 because they didn't like the candidates or campaign issues. Do you think that had anything to do with race?

Please don't take this as me trying to downplay the seriousness of racism, I fully acknowledge that. But I think Democrats will be disappointed if they think race is enough to energize people who aren't already.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If the tape is real and it comes out, I bet $5 someone on this forum is gonna go with the "sounds like he said the "a" version instead of the "er" version, so its okay." defense.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Sarah Hucka-Sanders finally told something that's not a fib. Unfortunately it relates to Trump in a negative light so expect a Tweet from him throwing Sarah under the bus as well...which by all means, please do.

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
... I'm confused. She sounded reasonable here. There's really no way she could guarantee that, and more importantly she wasn't bulldogging the press. There was no "Whether or not he said what people claim he said isn't as important as what he does for this country every day blah blah blah" that I'm used to hearing. She sounded passive!

I'm extremely suspicious.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Fuck the shitheads who are holding onto the tape and won't release it just to protect Trump. But if Omarosa is telling the truth and someone other than Burnett played the tape to her, I think there's a good chance we'll hear it. Hopefully soon.

Release the tapes Burnett, you fucking coward.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I disagree the democrats needs moderates to win in 2018 and 2020. You know, half the country didn't vote in 2016 and the reason for that had little to do with race. Democrats need an actual message that resonates with people. While I agree that racism is a serious and worthwhile problem in the US and needs to be addressed, I don't think Democrats are going to be winning over a whole bunch of moderate voters because Trump is racist.

25% of registered voters didn't vote in 2016 because they didn't like the candidates or campaign issues. Do you think that had anything to do with race?

Please don't take this as me trying to downplay the seriousness of racism, I fully acknowledge that. But I think Democrats will be disappointed if they think race is enough to energize people who aren't already.

Statistically, democrats in midterms are overwhelmingly focusing on healthcare and jobs, because health costs and low wages are disasters that affect everyone. But it's not like they shouldn't say, "btw, we believe that blacks and latinos deserve a seat at the table as well."

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
... I'm confused. She sounded reasonable here. There's really no way she could guarantee that, and more importantly she wasn't bulldogging the press. There was no "Whether or not he said what people claim he said isn't as important as what he does for this country every day blah blah blah" that I'm used to hearing. She sounded passive!

I'm extremely suspicious.
SHS does this randomly, usually when she begins to hit her breaking point for having to explain Trump's behavior, but then she gets a ringside pep talk from her dad and she's right back out there hurling lie after lie the next day.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I thought for sure more tapes would get out. I have no doubt that Trump has used the N-word.

Oct 29, 2017
How is this not massive news? it should be front page everywhere

Because it's idle gossip. "Did he or didn't he say the N word?" is silly when you have much more important shit like Manafort's trial, undocumented immigrant children still being separated from their families, etc.

The most disgusting thing is that Trump and his shitty inner circle already knows this, so they purposefully stir this shit, even if it makes him look bad, because they want to distract people form the fact that the's a puppet of the Russian government and is a treasonous jackass.

GrooveCommand

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Statistically, democrats in midterms are overwhelmingly focusing on healthcare and jobs, because health costs and low wages are disasters that affect everyone. But it's not like they shouldn't say, "btw, we believe that blacks and latinos deserve a seat at the table as well."

I absolutely agree and if that's how my argument came off I apologize. Regarding the statistics you pointed out, I was unaware of that and I think that's good news. I'll shut up now.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
America...

This is fucking absurd.

I'm trying to view that statement/tweet in isolation, or in the context of it being a political leader elsewhere and...

Why is this guy president?

Rhetorical question obviously.

Deleted member 15326

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He and Sanders have a running contest on who can say it the most times in a day

There's no way someone who looks like Sanders doesn't say it frequently and with relish