• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree the democrats needs moderates to win in 2018 and 2020. You know, half the country didn't vote in 2016 and the reason for that had little to do with race. Democrats need an actual message that resonates with people. While I agree that racism is a serious and worthwhile problem in the US and needs to be addressed, I don't think Democrats are going to be winning over a whole bunch of moderate voters because Trump is racist.

25% of registered voters didn't vote in 2016 because they didn't like the candidates or campaign issues. Do you think that had anything to do with race?

Please don't take this as me trying to downplay the seriousness of racism, I fully acknowledge that. But I think Democrats will be disappointed if they think race is enough to energize people who aren't already.

I agree that we need an actual message ("Trump is bad" is not enough) but if you look at the demographics of states that we need to take back control of the government, there are a lot of white swing voters. If this tape can get us those voters then we need it.

Yes, in 2016 we decided to run a Dem who was nearly as unpopular as Trump, thereby giving him his only path to victory, and that candidate ran a lazy and ineffective campaign. I do think that Trump's victory has something to do with race. I'm not white but I perceive a lot of self-described "moderate" whites as having anxiety about the changing demographics and attitudes towards minorities, particularly blacks, Latinos, and Muslims, in America. That anxiety plus the Democratic Party being conflated as being the party for blacks/browns/Asians/LGBT definitely helped Trump. 70% of white men voted for Trump, what a disgrace. Over 50% of white women, Jesus, after the "grab 'em by the pussy" tape, how is that possible? So yeah, that's absolutely based in race and racism.

Personally I won't be that surprised if this tape isn't a gamechanger. I know America is willing to look the other way on racism. Look at how white moderates see Black Lives Matter. They care more about the fucking demonstrations being "too loud" than they do about innocent kids gunned down by cops. Shit there are plenty of people on the left who don't care about black Americans as long as we fall in line for their favorite candidates.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
I hate trump 100% and I think his a racist mofo, but I can't stand omarisa, she acts like she's doing the right thing but she justs trying to profit from this situation, trying to sell her new book, and tv appearance to tell her story. If you knew this dude was using the n word and doing all this disgusting things closed door you did nothing about it instead she just stuck with him till she gets fired and now she's coming out with what really goes down. She knows how he acts toward black people and yet she was cool with it till she got fired. If he was using the N word back in 2016 she could have release it but why would she do that checks coming in. Hopefully she release the a tape of him using the N word instead of teasing us.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
I hate trump 100% and I think his a racist mofo, but I can't stand omarisa, she acts like she's doing the right thing but she justs trying to profit from this situation, trying to sell her new book, and tv appearance to tell her story.. If you knew this dude was using the n word and doing all this disgusting things closed door you did nothing about it instead she just stuck with him till she gets fired and now she's coming out with what really goes down. She knows how he acts toward saw black people and yet she was cool with it till she got fired. If he was using the N word back in 2016 she could have release it but why would she do that checks coming in. Hopefully she release the a tape of him using the Nword instead of teasing us

I mean so what if she's doing it for profit as long as she brings the goods. I don't have a problem with greedy and vindictive without power if it brings down a threat to the entire earth.

She's our Smeagol

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
I mean so what if she's doing it for profit as long as she brings the goods. I don't have a problem with greedy and vindictive without power if it brings down a threat to the entire earth.

She's our Smeagol
I hope she brings him down but she get no credit from me if this dude is a threat to the earth she don't give a fuck except for her money bags that just shows how sick she is, she needs to release w.e damaging tape she got ASAP

GrooveCommand

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I agree that we need an actual message ("Trump is bad" is not enough) but if you look at the demographics of states that we need to take back control of the government, there are a lot of white swing voters. If this tape can get us those voters then we need it.

Yes, in 2016 we decided to run a Dem who was nearly as unpopular as Trump, thereby giving him his only path to victory, and that candidate ran a lazy and ineffective campaign. I do think that Trump's victory has something to do with race. I'm not white but I perceive a lot of self-described "moderate" whites as having anxiety about the changing demographics and attitudes towards minorities, particularly blacks, Latinos, and Muslims, in America. That anxiety plus the Democratic Party being conflated as being the party for blacks/browns/Asians/LGBT definitely helped Trump. 70% of white men voted for Trump, what a disgrace. Over 50% of white women, Jesus, after the "grab 'em by the pussy" tape, how is that possible? So yeah, that's absolutely based in race and racism.

Personally I won't be that surprised if this tape isn't a gamechanger. I know America is willing to look the other way on racism. Look at how white moderates see Black Lives Matter. They care more about the fucking demonstrations being "too loud" than they do about innocent kids gunned down by cops. Shit there are plenty of people on the left who don't care about black Americans as long as we fall in line for their favorite candidates.

You make a good argument, and reflecting back on my original post I don't see any reason why democrats can't run good candidates with resonant issues and be vocal about Trumps racism. Anything that helps us get votes is fine by me!

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why was the question asked? Are there rumors of a tape going around?

Yes. The rumor has been around for two years and talked about a lot, but suddenly the White House is addressing the rumor for the first time I can remember. Surrogates are being sent out and official white house statements about it coming out. Omarosa is backing it, saying she heard it recently. Lately, she has made seemingly outrageous claims, been called a liar by surrogates, and then releasing the tapes and having said Trump surrogates had to admit they lied and Omarosa was telling the truth. Something is up.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
All anybody needs to do is ask him his opinion of the Central Park 5 and you'll get your answer.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Hope they press Huckleberry about this one next...

Omarosa Claims Donald Trump Mocked Harriet Tubman's Looks: 'That Face on the $20 Bill?'

Donald Trump's cutting insults about women's appearance are extensive and well-documented but Omarosa Manigault Newman managed to dig up an untold alleged affront for her new tell-all book, Unhinged, out Tuesday.

Manigault Newman claims that Trump questioned Harriet Tubman's appearance after the then-White House aide approached him about an Obama-era initiative to put the famous escaped slave and abolitionist on the $20 bill, replacing Andrew Jackson.

Manigault Newman says she wrote a decision memo about the matter and brought it to Trump.

Then, Manigault Newman describes, "He came to the picture of Tubman, the woman who personally brought more than 300 slaves to freedom, risking her own life every time, and said to me, 'You want to put that face on the twenty-dollar bill?' "

When Trump's racism lines up with his sexism....

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I was just singing lil dicky. Once the tapes are revealed, libs will look like morans! Let me tell you about that time crooked Hillary said it. No collosion

softfocus

Oct 30, 2017
Trumps actions are enough for me to determine he's a massiv racist. All a tape of him uttering the N word will do is not surprise me. But if it makes thousands of people realise what a piece of work the US president is then it'll do its job well.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Give us the tapes followed by the Trump apology tour. And then everyone forgetting things in a week while Trump does something else that either destroys the planet or undoes something Obama did.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

I can see it now in my head. A tape comes out with Trump using racial slurs and Sanders stands there on live TV and explains that the tape is unclear or that its out of context.

God i hate this country.

The Onion has this down

Omarosa Searches Through Tapes Of Everyone Else In White House Using N-Word For One Of Trump https://trib.al/0MqFftf

^ lol damn it

"I've got hours of John Kelly dropping N-bombs and a several where Trump is in the room when Bannon yells it, but I haven't found any of the president yet. One tape seemed promising, but there's a lot of crosstalk where everybody in the room was saying the N-word over each other, so you can't make out Trump clearly. Ugh, this is going to take forever."

tenor.gif

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
Eventually Time's Person of the Year is going to be "the people who took down Trump" and it's going to look like a poster for Suicide Squad 2 with all of the assholes standing next to each other.

Latpri

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Remember when the Michelle Obama whitey tape was found and it was just her saying "why'd he" a bunch of times. Then everyone just stopped talking about it out of embarrassment, lol. This doesn't have anything to do with anything but this jogged my memory. Simpler times.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Totally plausible in this timeline that I might wake up, check EtcetEra, and see a thread titled Trump: 'I don't see why only they [African Americans] get to say it and that's not considered racist?'