• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If you're in Toronto, you had better not sit this next election out.
White nationalist activist Faith Goldy has been confirmed to be seeking election as the next mayor of Toronto in Ontario, Canada.

Goldy is a self-identified ethno-nationalist–a term that people who want the government to enforce a white majority in Western nations ascribe to themselves–who told the white nationalist radio station Red Ice that "ethno-nationalism was the greatest propeller of human history when determining the maker or breaker of empire of civilization."

She has also notably recited and defended the world-famous white supremacist "14 Words" slogan: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children." According to Goldy, reciting the slogan is "a simple statement of survival."
Source: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/alt-right-activist-faith-goldy-wants-to-be-mayor-of-toronto/

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Go out and vote, Torontoans (?).
Goldy is a self-identified ethno-nationalist–a term that people who want the government to enforce a white majority in Western nations ascribe to themselves–who told the white nationalist radio station Red Ice that "ethno-nationalism was the greatest propeller of human history when determining the maker or breaker of empire of civilization."
Nationalism wasn't even a thing before the 1700s. I know they don't care about being ahistorical, but it still pisses me off.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
She was fired from white supremacist rag The Rebel for being too racist (she was at the Charlottesville riot, reporting on-site). She's also associated with Stormfront.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, for something that is allegedly important in creating a strong empire, Nazi Germany didn't make out very well with it. You could argue that it was because of resistance to the idea, but hi, people would resist it here too. It's an ideology doomed to fail.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
She was fired from white supremacist rag The Rebel for being too racist (she was at the Charlottesville riot, reporting on-site). She's also associated with Stormfront.
Too racist, or too loud and honest?

I feel like every time someone talks about securing their land, a First Nation person should teleport in and ask "So when you leaving?"

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
You want to be the mayor of Toronto with that platform? You might want to get your head checked for more than the racist shit polluting it lady.

OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It says something when you're too racist for Rebel Media.
rebelmedia-hatejews.jpg

samoscratch

Nov 25, 2017
I recommend that you guys take this seriously and rally to vote even if you think she has no chance
we're not having a good time here in the US and everyone was convinced that Trump could never win.
And now that you have Ford in Ontario playing fucked up games........
I just don't want anything like what we have here happening in lovely Canada :/

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I recommend that you guys take this seriously and rally to vote even if you think she has no chance
we're not having a good time here in the US and everyone was convinced that Trump could never win.
i agree with this.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, with almost half of Toronto being born outside of the country, I don't see her being received all-too well.

MBeanie

Oct 27, 2017

I appreciate the concern, I'll do my part to vote and hopefully keep this racist from being elected.

rstzkpf

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do people buy into white nationalism in 2018? Killing off successful people won't make you stop being a loser lmao

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I never thought about it, but it's really weird how municipal politics is governed by a directly elected executive. I wonder why we don't have Westminster-style local councils, if the whole advantage of Westminster is that tyrants can't win popular support.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
There's 33 people running for mayor. All you need is 25 signatures and $200. You always have a bunch of kooks running. She has zero chance of winning, but it's a great way for her to attract attention to herself.

OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yes, this.

It's not possible for her to be elected in Toronto. I'm not going to frown upon whatever makes people get out and vote but there's not the slightest chance in the world she could possibly hold that office and citing examples of Trump or Ford isn't a refutation of that.

Talking about her as some sort of legitimate challenge seems like the wrong approach.

P.S. She's not the only white supremacist running for public office in Toronto.

No, really. There's three of them, apparently.

Phrozenflame500

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
If Ford can win, anyone can.

A lot of that multicultural city voted for FordNation.

Faith Goldy is a whole different ball-game from Ford. If voting for Ford is like voting for Trump (a comparison I dislike anyways), then voting for Faith Goldy would be like voting for Richard Spencer.

Like Ford won because he appealed to socially conservative non-white suburban immigrants. That won't fly here.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Was not this toxic asshole banned from Australia?

What the fuck is happening to my country? As someone originally from Toronto, this enrages me. The alt right, white nationalist trash should be squashed underneath the figurative boot of the multiculturalism that is Toronto.

Fucking racists cunts coming out of the woodwork and getting emboldened because Americans failed and elected a fucking liar, racist, misogynist and all around disgusting filth with pride.

Fuck, now I have look for some legal article that exclusively bar racist filth running for public office. Because while she may not win, she will poison the well deeply.

cervanky

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

P.S. She's not the only white supremacist running for public office in Toronto.

No, really. There's three of them, apparently.

Toronto had a white supremacist run for election in 2014.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/...hite-supremacist-running-for-mayor-of-toronto

He got 1012 votes, or 0.1% of the popular vote.

You only need 25 signatures to run for mayor in Toronto. In 2014, 67 candidates registered for mayor. I don't need to "pretend" this isn't happening, because it isn't happening - she can't win in a city like Toronto. White people make up 47% of the city's population, a minority. Writing about her as if she's some of threat will only further get her name out and frame her as some sort of legitimate challenger.

The race will be between John Tory and Jennifer Keesmaat.

Last edited:

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
It's Toronto, there is literally no way in hell she can get even 1% of the vote. Shit, if she wants to try some backwards ass hamlet out in the middle of nowhere she might have a chance. Toronto is going to laugh her out of here.

You are asking me what Drake has to do with Toronto ?

The difference is shes outwardly a full blown racist (not hiding it or being coy about it). While Toronto may have some right leaning in the suburbs, that is because of minorities that like some of the conservative believes ("family values", anti gay, lower taxes). They aren't going to vote for a full blow racists.

OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Toronto had a white supremacist run for election in 2014.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/...hite-supremacist-running-for-mayor-of-toronto

He got 1012 votes, or 0.1% of the popular vote.

You only need 25 signatures to run for mayor in Toronto. In 2014, 67 candidates registered for mayor. I don't need to "pretend" this isn't happening, because it isn't happening - she can't win in a city like Toronto. Writing about her as if she's some of threat will only further get her name out and frame her as some sort of legitimate challenger.

The race will be between John Tory and Jennifer Keesmaat.
Good job on missing the point, i'm impressed.

This isn't about whether she can win, it's about the potential for the normalization of Faith Goldy and white supremacy. This person, the same one who was on video talking about how violent "the left is" before the car crash that killed Heather Heyer and said "Deus Vult" when seeing a group of Muslims praying in public, was given a platform at Wilfrid Laurier earlier this year. To reiterate: She is not the only white supremacist running for public office in Toronto.

This is not normal nor should it be treated as such. Going "I don't have to pretend" is beyond a privileged reaction to have to this news.
You are asking me what Drake has to do with Toronto ?
I'm asking what Drake has to do with a white supremacist who thinks they should even be allowed to see daylight, let alone run for public office.

cervanky

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good job on missing the point, i'm impressed.

This isn't about whether she can win, it's about the potential for the normalization of Faith Goldy and white supremacy. This person, the same one who was on video talking about how violent "the left is" before the car crash that killed Heather Heyer and said "Deus Vult" when seeing a group of Muslims praying in public, was given a platform at Wilfrid Laurier earlier this year. To reiterate: She is not the only white supremacist running for public office in Toronto.

This is not normal nor should it be treated as such. Going "I don't have to pretend" is beyond a privileged reaction to have to this news.
I am worried about the normalization of white supremacy, and writing articles about this as anything other than a disturbing curiosity is exactly that, I don't want to see her platform discussed in relation to other mayoral candidates. She's not a real mayoral candidate, she's a racist doing a PR stunt to attract the attention of other racists. I'm a person of colour living in the city of Toronto, this shit isn't on my radar compared to all the work that needs to be done to fight racial injustice and promote the safety, security and better conditions for minorities, it's presumptuous to say my incredulousness towards her little publicity stunt comes from a place of privilege.

She wants news, she wants clicks, she wants outrage because it means headlines, it means she's out there trending on Twitter or YouTube or whatever. As that "Oxygen of Amplification" report spells out, people like her are media manipulators. Why do you think she's running for office knowing that she has no chance to win...? She's running out of money, her Patreon was shut down, her Paypal account was closed. She needs to get her name out there, she needs to attract the maximum amount of attention so the more articles with "Faith Goldy" in the headline, the better off she'll be.

That there are three white supremacists running in the city of Toronto means that there are three racists who collected 25 signatures.

It's strange you said it's not about whether or not she can win when you headlined this thread with "If you're in Toronto, you had better not sit this next election out", as if she's a credible threat to our city. That's ridiculous, and you can't say I missed the point by explaining why it's ridiculous.

I know we agree on how horrible she is, but I really do worry that framing her as a real candidate that demands we vote to stop her is something that normalizes her as a mayoral candidate, instead of someone who's doing a shitty PR stunt who'd love nothing more than for every mainstream paper to write articles about her before she either drops out or gets 0.1% of the vote.

As an aside, I do completely agree that the people of Toronto shouldn't sit this election out: so that we can elect Keesmaat.

Last edited:

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Repeating what I said in the Canada thread: Goldy is on a whole other level of vile compared to the Ford brothers and even Trump. She has no chance. She'll get the publicity she craves by entering the race and will drop out, pretending "soy boys" are threatening her family or some crap like that. Then she'll write a 150-pages book on how leftists are ruining western civilization. She might get an interview on Sean Hannity if she's lucky.

Oh, and Lindsey Shepherd will salute having candidates with "different views".