• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It hasn't even been a day and The Sun is trying to normalize her:

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Huge fucking problem this shit keeps being conflated with "political opinion" or being treated as a valid option of political process.

People will see a white woman and just go with that based on images.

These white nationalists are doing everything in their power to be seen and heard and taken seriously.

If people are unable to check this, we're gonna have serious problems.

The US has already failed in that regard.

Branu

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
Surprised she hasn't been welcomed onto Dave Rubin's weekly podcast exploring the marketplace of ideas.

Deleted member 25709

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
She's dead on arrival. Jennifer Keesmaat on the other hand is already gaining large support and can possibly win.

Deleted member 25709

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You sure seem to know a lot about Toronto politics for a guy who doesn't even live in Canada :p

As a Canadian, I honestly couldn't tell you much about say... New York or Chicago politics on the other hand.

Andrews packing his bags at this moment. It won't be long until he becomes a Canadian and a Torontonian :P

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
You sure seem to know a lot about Toronto politics for a guy who doesn't even live in Canada :p

As a Canadian, I honestly couldn't tell you much about say... New York or Chicago politics on the other hand.

Jennifer Keesmaat is the goat planner.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, for something that is allegedly important in creating a strong empire, Nazi Germany didn't make out very well with it. You could argue that it was because of resistance to the idea, but hi, people would resist it here too. It's an ideology doomed to fail.
It took a world war to stop them though. There were plenty of people resisting that shit withing Germany and they got stomped. Trump is one of the worst things happening to the modern world but he's still not ther, thankfully.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure we've had known white supremacists run for mayor in recent memory, they're just easy to forget because they got almost no votes.

Earthstrike

Oct 28, 2017
Huge fucking problem this shit keeps being conflated with "political opinion" or being treated as a valid option of political process.

People will see a white woman and just go with that based on images.

These white nationalists are doing everything in their power to be seen and heard and taken seriously.

If people are unable to check this, we're gonna have serious problems.

The US has already failed in that regard.

For what it's worth, this is more of an outsider running and won't have any real traction. For one thing, the current mayor, John Tory, is a conservative. Thought he is not of the populist brand a la trump/ford. The moderates will absolutely favour him over faith. My intuition here is Faith will not be considered a major candidate at any point of the election when the campaigns actually get rolling.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe she's got a chance to win, not with legitimate candidates who arent racist pieces of human garbage running against her who have experience and are known in the city.

That said, that she even thought about running and is being normalized (even if by The Sun) is not a good sign for this city or the province

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I'm torn about how to handle this. Realistically, there's no way she can get even 2% of the vote so its not worth even entertaining her as a serious candidate but it still unnerves me that not only is willing to openly run, that there are places like The Sun will soften her image.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It hasn't even been a day and The Sun is trying to normalize her:

The Sun has been on some next level bullshit lately. They were trying to drive the ISIS narrative with the shooting last week when even the American media was leaving it alone. Postmedia is on the rocks right now, so maybe they're being more vile than usual in an effort to boost circulation.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
There are actually 3 neo-nazis running for mayor.

https://www.narcity.com/ca/on/toron...-noteable-people-running-for-mayor-of-toronto
James Sears is one of the more interesting candidates in this election. He is the editor of a neo-nazi newspaper, Your Ward News, and a former doctor. His license was revoked after he confessed to multiple counts of sexual assault following complaints from female patients. He also has worked as a pickup artist, offering to teach men how to seduce women.
This mayoral race has not one, but two neo-nazis. Chris Brosky, who is described as a neo-nazi skinhead, was convicted in Texas of murdering a black man in a drive-by shooting when he was only 16 years old. He served 16 years in prison before being released and deported to Canada. He previously ran for a councillor seat in the 2014 municipal election.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
How do these people even get to become white nationalists in a place like Toronto?

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
How do these people even get to become white nationalists in a place like Toronto?

A lot of white people laugh at them instead of treating them like the terrorist threats they are. Goldy in particular, as she was involved with the Charlottesville riot that killed someone.

There's also the conservative party's courting of The Rebel. It's not as blatant as Republicans and Breitbart, but it's happening.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
A lot of white people laugh at them instead of treating them like the terrorist threats they are. Goldy in particular, as she was involved with the Charlottesville riot that killed someone.

There's also the conservative party's courting of The Rebel. It's not as blatant as Republicans and Breitbart, but it's happening.
Oh it's blatant, along with groups like Ontario Proud.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017

I lived in Toronto/GTA my whole life and I find this just sad/embarrassing at this point. View points like this shouldn't even exits in this day and age yet I feel like we are regressing :(

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I lived in Toronto/GTA my whole life and I find this just sad/embarrassing at this point. View points like this shouldn't even exits in this day and age yet I feel like we are regressing :(
Stay strong.

These people are coming out of the woodwork due to the platform given by today's political climate.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always find it weird when you have white supremacist shitheads that only borderline look white themselves,

OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I always find it weird when you have white supremacist shitheads that only borderline look white themselves,
llJdDKV.jpg

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal

The photo of the first guy.....
20226134_857315517754999_2862545516091146240_n.jpg

The other one:

Brosky, described as a neo-Nazi skinhead, was 16 when he and two friends killed a 32-year-old man named Donald Thomas outside Thomas's Arlington home, the New York Times said. According to the report, the friends, one of whom was found to have pulled the trigger, pleaded guilty to murder and testified against Brosky.

"Does it have any relevance in Canada though?" Brosky asked rhetorically.

When asked about the swastika he wears around his neck, he denied he's a racist.

"I do know people," he said. "I know a lot of people, but I know a lot of people on a broad range of political beliefs and ideals."​

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
The photo of the first guy.....
20226134_857315517754999_2862545516091146240_n.jpg

The other one:

Brosky, described as a neo-Nazi skinhead, was 16 when he and two friends killed a 32-year-old man named Donald Thomas outside Thomas's Arlington home, the New York Times said. According to the report, the friends, one of whom was found to have pulled the trigger, pleaded guilty to murder and testified against Brosky.

"Does it have any relevance in Canada though?" Brosky asked rhetorically.

When asked about the swastika he wears around his neck, he denied he's a racist.

"I do know people," he said. "I know a lot of people, but I know a lot of people on a broad range of political beliefs and ideals."​
Sears is a joke. He ran against Ford/Tory/Chow in 2014 if I recall correctly, possibly before that too. And I only knew because of GAF at the time. He won't get any attention outside of internet circles.
Now having a convicted murder neo-nazi run, that's bad. Way worse than Sears.