• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

1*qGvP8dNMbLuS_99sgtLD9g.jpeg

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Insane. Reminds me of a more lethal version of Theranos.

Doors just fly open for you. Just, amazing.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Terrible. And this is just a story that has become public. Not wanting to derail the topic, but I was watching a documentary a few weeks back how "western people" would basically kidnap children and put them in a refuge for "homeless children" so they can apply for all kinds of grant money. Sickening stuff.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I feel deeply ashamed and horrified after reading this.

The article on medium was a great self aware piece where someone with good intentions was reevaluating their own white savior complex.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Wow this is fucking awful.

I hope something will be done, but I have my serious doubts.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
What the fuck is wrong with some people? There were even professionals involved who did nothing and just watched?

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man what the fuck is this?

Why did she think it would have been acceptable to this in Africa? I am sure she was warned about it back home yet she did it anyway.

Africa just can't catch a break.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
tumblr_og6f9yEOFw1u79aijo7_400.gif

she saw this and thought "goals"

and now children are dead. she needs a life sentence. she's obviously a threat to the world.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Man what the fuck is this?

Why did she think it would have been acceptable to this in Africa? I am sure she was warned about it back home yet she did it anyway.

Africa just can't catch a break.

Why was she allowed to do this, is a more important question. I mean, I'm sure I couldn't just say I'm a doctor, and start playing Operation with kids.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah white-savior complexes are really pervasive. It bugs me how people's go-to line about wasting food is "There's starving kids in Africa". I would feel so much better about that line if they could be bothered to at least name a country, or better yet a region of a country, in Africa when making this claim. It is a subtle statement that pushes an imbalanced imagery of Africans and how they need to be saved. There are many people that need help, which makes it tough to talk about this issue.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Wow wtf. Im reading up on this now from this other site

I just gotta say this is actually terrible. Shit like this just makes people distrust actual medical professionals who go to underserved areas to help. What she did is beyond fucked up

Months before her first arrival in Uganda, Renee had graduated from high school without a clue about what she wanted to do with her life. She had always been involved in some sort of volunteer service, from in-country mission trips in high school to working on her family's farm, Many Blessings Farm, and helping run the farm's nonprofit hypotherapy practice. Hypotherapy is a type of therapy that involves working with horses. According to our investigations, Renee had also been a nanny for years and loved children. After some research, she applied to work with Amani Baby Cottage, a babies' home that provides care for orphaned, abandoned and needy children. "I had never really heard of Uganda before or much about it," she said. "It's like such a tiny, little country. I didn't know a lot about it initially and I didn't know anyone who had been there before, but just kind of took a leap of faith and felt like that's where the Lord was calling me to go, " said Renee.
Holy fuck. The number of levels of stupid is staggering. She literally went to Uganda cause she did not know what to do. Then turned her "dream" into a business.
Not only that, but how does she go from "hypotherapy" to "Im a fucking doctor who can save people"

SpyUganda established that the organization (SHC) is something of a family business, with Bach's relatives taking on some roles. Her mother is SHC's U.S. director, and her sister, Eileen, 22, works with the organization's marketing and social media team from time to time
Wtf. They def deserve harsh as fuck punishments

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Colonialism is strong in Africa still. Rich white folks use it as a playground and have for decades. It's disturbing, but of course instead of helping the world facilitates the constant abuse of it's peoples and the exploitation of them for cheap resources and labor while keeping them dependent on foreign aid to survive. While also propping up dictatorial regimes like in Uganda with a constant flow of dark money and guns.

What the "civilized" world does to Africa is disgusting.

Terrible. And this is just a story that has become public. Not wanting to derail the topic, but I was watching a documentary a few weeks back how "western people" would basically kidnap children and put them in a refuge for "homeless children" so they can apply for all kinds of grant money. Sickening stuff.
The topic should be "what people do to African people is wrong" really.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
100+ dead children.

Sickening, absolutely sickening.

Bet money she's actually stealing/selling organs on the black market.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
American trash keeps finding a way to get to Uganda.
Remember when American evangelical "missionaries" with tens of millions of dollars and the blessings of several dozen prominent US government officials went up and down the Horn and the Sahel and basically had homosexuality turned into a capital crime overnight?

Oh of course we don't, because the news media could give two shits about what we do to Africa.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
off with her goddamn head

that image of her in the room with the pictures everywhere is scary as shit

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when American evangelical "missionaries" with tens of millions of dollars and the blessings of several dozen prominent US government officials went up and down the Horn and the Sahel and basically had homosexuality turned into a capital crime overnight?

Oh of course we don't, because the news media could give two shits about what we do to Africa.

Right wing fears of foreigners coming over the US border, to kill civilians and force cultural change on Americans is simply...

source.gif

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
I can't stand all the organizations we have that go over there and shove Christianity onto the people in turn for care and support. This takes it even farther and is extremely fucked up imo.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Damn, this is incredibly disturbing. I grew more and more uncomfortable with each passing sentence. Damn...