Votes: 324 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
fuck that noise hahaha

i've eaten outside on a patio once in like july, and they followed every protocol including cleaning/contact tracing. i felt relatively fine doing that.

but you couldn't pay me enough to do that indoors. not now and not for a long while.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Me. The most I've done is get takeout from McDonald's and Popeye's and immediately bring it back home.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I haven't stepped foot inside a restaurant since February. I've gotten plenty of Door Dash, but that's it. Haven't set foot inside a grocery store or an entertainment venue, either.

Trying to stay as safe as possible during this pandemic.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Takeout and tip big. Everytime. I'm lucky to live in a neighborhood where takeout windows for walkup are popular, so I rarely go inside myself.

There's no essential reason to dine in ever

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Me.

The closest I've been is fast food drive-thru, I don't think that counts. And even then, I bet I'm the only person they see all day who's actually wearing a mask at the drive-thru.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I think I've done porch dining 2-3 times, but depending on the location I feel like that is even questionable. Overall we do curbside 1-2 times a week.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
I've gone inside restaurants to order/pick-up takeout, but you couldn't pay me to spend a prolonged period of time maskless inside a restaurant.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Haven't been inside since March. But I've gotten delivery, takeout/drive-thru, and have eaten outside on a roof of the restaurant. Haven't done the latter in a few months, though.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I ate inside a restaurant in July, everyone was sectioned away from each other. We were in a room by ourselves and worse facemasks to and from that room. Felt extremely guilty regardless and haven't done it since. I have ordered curbside pickup quite a few times though.

Deleted member 64666

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 20, 2020
I live in Montreal, Quebec, and last month we only had 20 cases or so per day, so I went on a date once with my partner in a restaurant. That was the only time I went in 7 months.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I've gotten takeout and delivery tons of times. At least once a week. Last time I ate in, or at, a restaurant though was March 14. We ate at an Indian Buffet. Even though there were no cases in our city/Province at the time, it still didn't feel right.

Indian Buffet is like my favorite lunch outing ever. It sucks knowing I may never eat at one again, but such a small price to pay to try to keep a pandemic at bay.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Me.

Ordered food online, ordered food in person and waited in car, and have ordered food for delivery. I have not eaten at a restaurant since March. Feels bad, man.

Oct 29, 2017
You couldn't pay me to eat inside at a restaurant right now. I haven't eaten outside, either, and never would but at least thats a bit safer.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I ate inside a pizza hut once like in July, I think. I had to take a big road trip to pick up something and was hungry af, but I looked inside to see it was abandoned and no one was in there, wouldn't have gone in if there was a big crowd

Oct 31, 2017
I live in a very small town that has a few restaurants, all of which switched to curbside, carry out and/or delivery after the lockdown, and I've ordered from one of them once or twice a week since then. They all seem to have survived. We'll see what happens when it gets too cold and they have to shut down or pare back their outdoor seating. I don't plan to eat in a restaurant (or even outside) until there's a vaccine, but takeout is fine.

Fallout-NL

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I had lunch outside once in July when infections were at an all time low. But you couldn't pay me to go sit inside one, not then and certainly not now.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I have only gone inside a few times just to pay and pick up the food.

We have eaten outside a few times.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't. My town actually put out a bunch of picnic tables and closed a street down. I ate out there a couple of times. Now that winter is coming I'll just order out.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
From what I can tell on IG, NYCers are back to eating inside or outside-but-inside (small enclosed outdoor areas that might as well be inside).

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I've done curbside and delivery a countless amount of times and patio seating 3 or 4 times.

Johnny956

Oct 25, 2017
I've done outdoor patio dining at a couple restaurants. They're still separating the tables further apart then normal. Unfortunately that's going to end now that the weather is getting cold and I'll never dine inside a restaurant until a vaccine is available

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I have not dined inside a restaurant since March.

I have dined outside, gotten takeout, gotten delivery. I've gotten take out beer & cocktails!

When all of this is over hopefully one day, maybe next year, who knows, one thing I hope that stays is takeout beer and cocktails from restaurants. There's something admittedly unsettling about carrying a 32oz styrofoam cup w/ lid of margarita in the car with you when you get take out, but it's great.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I went to a restaurant once for my grandmother's birthday since I was assured we could sit outside far from any other patrons. Other than that it's been exclusively takeout, forget dining inside.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
I haven't been inside a restaurant since January. I occasionally order takeout but rarely and never chains, only local places to try to support business.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I have gotten take out 4 times since March and never set foot inside a restaurant. Once school started and indoor dining started to open back up we stopped with takeout as well.

I also haven't been inside a retailer (grocery or otherwise) since March. I did one last run when PA first closed down but we have only done Walmart Pick Up and Amazon since.

If any food places by me would keep their indoor dining closed and only do take out I would probably do it again, but no one here gives a fuck.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Last time I was in a restaurant to eat was my birthday in July last year.

Usually if I'm going to McDonalds just do the drive through. For Chinese food I usually order online through Just Eat for delivery. Sometimes I will call my local one and then go collect it...since the virus they only let 1 in at a time wearing a mask and no cash. It's like a 2 minute walk from my door so I ain't having a delivery driver bring it lol.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal, already did it all except the work things. As things are getting worse here again I'll switch to only takeout or none at all (I cook my food most of the times).

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I ate breakfast inside a restaurant like a month or two ago. Seemed alright. Everything was spaced out, masked up, and cleaned all the time. I've also eaten outside at a restaurant once. Otherwise it's just been pickup/delivery depending on the place.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
I voted none of the above. We're being super cautious with an infant and toddler in the house, and in laws who are 60+ in our bubble. It feels pretty sad though. Would be nice to support local businesses. I feel like I'm sacrificing something.

On the plus side, learned to make healthy versions of everything lol.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I haven't eaten at a restaurant since the pandemic hit, but I've still sometimes gotten takeout and of course delivery.