• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who did the most damage of the last 6 Republican Presidents?

• Richard Nixon

Votes: 90 2.3%
  • Gerald Ford

Votes: 12 0.3%
  • Ronald Reagan

Votes: 1,466 37.8%
  • George H.W. Bush

Votes: 30 0.8%
  • George W. Bush

Votes: 903 23.3%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 1,380 35.6%

• Total voters

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, it's absolutely Raegan. Honestly, his impact on the GOP and USA pretty much put the country in a downward spiral. The beginning of the end, so to speak.
EDIT: Nixon also had a tremendous negative impact obviously, but it doesn't come close.

Last edited:

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
I totally understand the arguments for Reagan and W.Bush being the worst.
From an international point of view, Trump has absolutely destroyed foreign relations and significantly lowered global opinion of the United States to an all time low.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone educate me on what Reagan did? I wasn't even alive when he was president, all I know is he's supposed to be Conservative Jesus.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone educate me on what Reagan did? I wasn't even alive when he was president, all I know is he's supposed to be Conservative Jesus.
Basically handed the keys over to corporations, deregulated us to hell, and left poor inner city communities to rot with things like the "War on Drugs" and opposition to social programs. The income inequality horserace really started to ramp up because of his policies.

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
Basically handed the keys over to corporations, deregulated us to hell, and left poor inner city communities to rot with things like the "War on Drugs" and opposition to social programs. The income inequality horserace really started to ramp up because of his policies.

Hell, his wife's low fat diet initiative as well as his subsidies on corn led to high fructose corn syrup and sugar replacing all fats in food, creating the obesity epidemic we have in the US today.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Hell, his wife's low fat diet initiative as well as his subsidies on corn led to high fructose corn syrup and sugar replacing all fats in food, creating the obesity epidemic we have in the US today.

Wow. Any recommended reading on this? Wouldn't mind digging into a reputable book on the subject

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
its Reagan or Trump

I hated Bush, but hes not as bad as the other two.

But since trump is most recent and affects mostly my life and future.....I'm going with that fuck

Jun 10, 2018
It's Reagan and it's honestly not even close. The other 5 don't even qualify to be in the same tier that he resides, that's how shit he was.

Black people been knew and have been saying "Fuck Reagan" ever since.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
In the context of the modern world: it's Trump.

He's literally turned the clocks back on progress across the board and has normalized hate and emboldened bigotry. To the point it's become an every day thing to spew malice and bile that people were too cowardly to 5 years ago, and it's only getting worse.

I honestly do not think it's even a contest.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Haha, wow. The carnage never ends with these guys. I love how everyone thought he was saving America from the brink, and it was all just intensely negative effects to the country.

Wow. Any recommended reading on this? Wouldn't mind digging into a reputable book on the subject
I don't know for sure, but I bet there's a Behind the Bastards podcast about Reagan, there just has to be. But those guys are so good at taking a complex person/history and making it super entertaining and easy to listen to.

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that the GOP idolize and revere Reagan as practically Jesus is pretty telling.

He royally fucked the middle class, inflicted Reaganomics on all of us, fucked up free higher education in CA, and did jack shit when AIDS was spreading. A lot of his tenants are still carried on by today's GOP.

Reagan is literally a fucking blight that's still inflicting us even after death. Fuck him, fuck the gop, and fuck his legacy.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I chose a random President to represent a good leader in a presentation for a class in high school. I didn't even look up what they accomplished. The president I chose was Ronald Reagan xD

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
its Reagan or Trump

I hated Bush, but hes not as bad as the other two.

But since trump is most recent and affects mostly my life and future.....I'm going with that fuck
Bush started 2 wars based on lies that resulted in the deaths of millions. He's pretty fucking awful.

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ronald Reagan is why we're here today. He enabled Fox News and the right wing propaganda machine, he antagonized the Middle East, he shredded social security, he was part of plaguing inner city neighborhoods with a deluge of drugs, he was firmly against black people arming themselves, he peddled "trickle down economics", I mean the list goes on and fucking on. Trump and Bush caused a lot more immediate damage, but the lasting effects of Reagan are still present in everything they managed to fuck up.

Conservatives had been trying to sabotage public programs that spawned with FDR and New Deal politics, but Reagan successfully sold that sabotage to a generation that is still happy to fuck over young people as they lie on their death beds, scared shitless of the virus that has come almost specifically for them. Fuck Ronald Reagan. I want his shit stain of a presidential legacy erased, because he deserves nothing more than to be remembered for the shitbird puppet president that he was. He's a disgrace.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Can I vote for more than one option? Cause I wanna put Nixon, Reagan, George W. and Trump in the same basket of "Shitty Presidents in US. History that Fucked Their Own Country and the rest of the World".

I have no memory of Ford.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Bush started 2 wars based on lies that resulted in the deaths of millions. He's pretty fucking awful.

I wasn't saying he was good or anything. But in terms of mental and moral damage, trump did it. He literally changed the entire landscape and continues to do so. If he gets the 7/2 supreme court shot..........we are fucked for 30 years........on a complete scale. He literally changed politics forever, showing cheating, being an ass and use dirt ass tactics while also being permissible to lie to half the united states is just perfectly fine.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
Still give it to Reagan for enabling all of this to happen, but George W & Trump are spectacularly horrible presidents.

5 million people could die in the US as a result of the Coronavirus and he would still have a lower body count than W.
I fucking hate W, but is this true? I'm reading that worse case scenario for the Iraq War was 1,124,000 casualties (which... holy fucking shit... there's a special place in hell for W) and Afghanistan is 249,000 deaths. These are both significantly higher than most estimates as well.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Reagan killed Christianity and introduced trickle down economics and set the stage for most corporate welfare

bush Iraq war and continue Reagan conservatism

trump killed civility and made opinions = fact and killed the way the executive branch operates. He also made a war on clean energy. Corporate welfare on steroids.

s'all bad

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Still give it to Reagan for enabling all of this to happen, but George W & Trump are spectacularly horrible presidents.

I fucking hate W, but is this true? I'm reading that worse case scenario for the Iraq War was 1,124,000 casualties (which... holy fucking shit... there's a special place in hell for W) and Afghanistan is 249,000 deaths. These are both significantly higher than most estimates as well.
Ah idk where the 5 mil number came from, I just thought that was the case

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
Reagan killed Christianity and introduced trickle down economics and set the stage for most corporate welfare

bush Iraq war and continue Reagan conservatism

trump killed civility and made opinions = fact and killed the way the executive branch operates. He also made a war on clean energy. Corporate welfare on steroids.

s'all bad

Reagan was pretty terrible and I remember schools singing his praises. Trump is the product of Reagan and reminds Reagan's fans that they're still winning from Reagan's policies. This embolden's the right, knowing that their politicians have opened the floodgates for the trash we have now.

4Tran

Nov 4, 2017
I used to think that it was a slam dunk for Reagan. Almost all of the problems that we associate with the modern GOP date back to him and all the terrible things he did as president. However, I think that the correct answer is probably Trump now.

It's been pretty obvious from the start that Trump was the most incompetent president the US has ever had. However, that sheer incompetence made it hard to actually accomplish anything and it limited how much damage he could do. Similarly, Trump didn't have to deal with any major crises so his incompetence didn't hurt as much as it could have. But now Covid-19 is here and the lack of leadership is going to end up killing a lot of people. Any other president, even the really bad ones, would be doing their best to save American lives and to mitigate the crisis. Not Trump though; he's only really interested in making himself look good so it's very much a unique brand of awfulness. I think that by the time Covid-19 has run its course there's a decent chance for Trump to be the worst president since Buchanan or Johnson.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

If you want a really in-depth rundown of what a monumental bastard Reagan was (long before he ever became President, too), I highly recommend this episode of The Dollop podcast:

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I voted for Reagan, but with the way the virus story is playing out right now, there is a very strong case against Trump right now. How badly he fucked us on this... It's fucking unbelievable.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
I feel like Reagan created the landscape that made W and Trump likeable to many people.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
Yeah, it's absolutely Raegan. Honestly, his impact on the GOP and USA pretty much put the country in a downward spiral. The beginning of the end, so to speak.
EDIT: Nixon also had a tremendous negative impact obviously, but it doesn't come close.

It's 1am but who started the war on drugs? Because fuck them. It has had a insanely negative impact in so many areas of society especially in policing and how us minorities are treated.

Citizens United is also very damaging and has made the US government work for the rich even more.

They're all pretty terrible. Can I just pick all of the above?

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
He also started predatory capitalism (Friendman economics) and propped up corporations, precipitating the downward spiral to profit and hell.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Ronald Reagan, then Donald Trump, then George W. Bush. Fuck all of them, actually.

Reagan is the root of the modern Republicans. His legacy is what the GOP is now.

So he's the one to blame. He's the worst. The rest wouldn't have even gotten anywhere without how fundamentally Reagan changed America

This. Question is, is that will the US ever go back to the way things used to be before Reagan? Or will the GOP have to be demolished?

Last edited:

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Reagan created the landscape that made W and Trump likeable to many people.

I feel like Reaganomics can be eroded away and reeled in, whereas the Pandora's box of electing someone like Trump - a reality TV goon who brags about sexual assault, shooting people, and asks for help from foreign countries (and still gets elected) - is a harder thing to undo.