Who do you think is the most recognizable female video game character invented this century?

• 2B

Votes: 658 39.7%
  • Aloy

Votes: 463 27.9%
  • Cynthia

Votes: 31 1.9%
  • Saber

Votes: 86 5.2%
  • Paimon

Votes: 91 5.5%
  • Chun-Li from Fortnite

Votes: 330 19.9%

• Total voters

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
This century refers to year 2000 and later.

It seems this board is pretty fixated on classic characters from the 80s and 90s. And they may very well be the most iconic characters in the industry. But what about the later comers? Some have certainly achieved fame (or infamy) in their own right. Who do you think that is right now?

---------------

Personally, I think 2B is the most influential of the list within the video game industry, though that might not translate into the most recognizable. It is more that her game has more of an inspiration on other video game directors (especially in Asia) than the others on the list. Her biggest competitor for influence on the list is probably Saber. It might be that she has influenced more than Lara Croft and Peach within the industry, though she is certainly less recognizable and less iconic than they are.

I suspect the most recognizable in the list is Paimon, mostly because she is plastered in a lot more physical spaces in ads than the others, and that a lot more people played her game than anyone else on the list, except Chun-Li from Fortnite of course. However, many people who recognize her image probably cannot name her, or name the game she is from, so that detracts from her recognizability somewhat.

160871812740210226.jpg

41903-477120038.png

9922720e0cf3d7ca7bcb63a24d48a9096b63f7240395

AlloySkills.jpg

Pokemon-TCG-Cynthia-Card-Art-2.jpg

Last edited:

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know who any of those are outside of Aloy and 2B.

I think the real answer is Ellie from The Last of Us

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
why would "chun-li from fortnite" count and lara croft no

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
I don't know who Cynthia and Saber are, but my vote goes to 2B. She's in every game anyway!

pm1nze5e

Sep 18, 2022
I'm sorry but I literally don't know any of the ones in the poll. I've heard the names and probably seen them but I couldn't connect the names to faces if asked.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Bayonetta is in two Smash Bros games. While being in Smash is not required to be iconic, it certainly doesn't hurt your status as an iconic character to get that invite. But speaking of that, Smash has another contender who isn't on that poll.

Isabelle from Animal Crossing.

If Animal Crossing New Horizons is the game of the pandemic, Isabelle is the face of that game. That alone gives her some iconic points. Plus she has a very recognizable design.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the blonde woman in the GTA5 loading screen.

zE2e7vxqdb3FMaawgA11Izi6YihYqXa_7DItcq4ZFLk.jpg

Last edited:

ratify

Feb 18, 2021
appearing in multiple mediums helps, so for now Ellie is #1 and Aloy is #2, but if the Horizon show is any good that might change. 2B is popular in pockets on the internet but not generally outside of those

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
2b or aloy winning feels like very era biased

genshin is HUGE, so many people would recognize paimon

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
Rosalina is my answer, I see people wearing shirts with her on it

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
It's 2B.

I have no idea who Cynthia, Paimon or Saber are.

pete_clarf

Oct 25, 2017
"Recognizable" is a very interesting word choice. I had to google three of them... and two of them were from games I've actually played!

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Ellie if we're talking a central, main character and not just "hey i've seen that somewhere before but i couldn't tell you the name or where it's from"

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Of those listed my first thought was Saber though the Fate series is so cross media I doubt it's primarily because of the games.

Otherwise Paimon, it's one of the most played games globally and far more character centric than Fortnite.

Actual answer is probably a character in something like Honor of Kings that nobody here has heard of.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
2B seems to be the undeniably most popular female character in the poll.

But I like Aloy the most, personally.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rosalina is my answer, I see people wearing shirts with her on it
Rosalina is a good pull - anyone that regularly shows up in Mario spin-offs is going to have a lot of exposure and she's a mainstay at this point. Tons of people who otherwise don't play video games will recognize "Blue Peach from Mario Kart" or whatever.

If she's in the next Mario movie or something she'll probably be the winner bar none.