• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Could be a foreshock before a bigger earthquake, hopefully not. Might be good to be cautious for a couple of days maybe :P

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shook my apartment in downtown LA pretty well considering how far away the center was. It started off with a few small bounces. I said "uh oh" out loud and then it got stronger. It felt like it lasted about 20 seconds. I started thinking about moving outside in case it got worse but then it calmed down.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I was taking a shit when this happened. Felt it immediately and started getting a little worried because it lasted much longer than usual.
The turd or the quake?

huiL2Ik.gif

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I somehow managed to not feel it all and didn't even realize that an earthquake happened until people started mentioning it. Guess that's how dense I am.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Hope everyone is alright.

Here in Northern California the biggest I've ever experienced was a 5.6ish? In 2007.

Rahfiki

Oct 28, 2017
Felt it in Las Vegas just now
Felt it from Vegas. Quite mild here.
I live in Vegas, felt nothing, and didn't know there was an earthquake until I received several texts from people about it lol

Almost disappointed I missed it

It's so weird to get a text reading: "Are you OK???" followed by "That earthquake was crazy huh" and have literally no idea what is going on

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Here in the AV in north LA county and thought the fucking San Andreas Fault had finally blown. Grabbed my cats and ran outside in my boxers as games and books were falling off my shelves, and pictures were coming off the wall.
A buddy of mine said his swimming pool in the backyard looked like when you swish water around in a glass, and more than half of it came out of the pool.
I got friends in Ridgecrest, and power is out up there, a few buildings got damaged. Trona next door apparently has more than a few demolished buildings according to social media.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Definitely felt that one in Orange County. The rolling motion reminded me of the 7.2 MexiCali Earthquake back in 2010.

That one was so dizzying/nauseating.

I didn't feel today's since I was on the freeway north on the 101. There was a moment of sudden traffic so I wonder if that had to do with it.

Oct 25, 2017
6.4 is pretty juicy
I've been in an earthquake in the past that knocked all my shelves over and just about wrecked my entire room. Was gluing shit back together for days.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
John Campea was a doing an episode of this show when it hit

Girl on right is how it felt for me in a high rise in North LA.

Bookshelves almost about to fall over, kitchen plates in cabinets making lots of noise, my 4K tv looking like it's going to fall off it's display stand and smash to pieces. Entire building feeling like it is moving on various axes and I'm like fuck, fuck, fuck watching the chaos all around me trying to think of safe places to stand.

Deleted member 13015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This earthquake just reminded me of the rumored big one that can shatter California. Totally forgot about it.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I felt it near Mission Viejo. I've lived in California for 5 years. That's the longest one that I can remember.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Gotta admit, I didn't feel a thing in downtown and wouldn't have even noticed if my husband hadn't grabbed my arm and pointed out that one of the dog's toys was rolling around on its own and our tall houseplant was wobbling.

A guy on tv is explaining why the LA earthquake app didn't send any notification about this, but it doesn't give me much faith in that thing actually working correctly if and when it's needed.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Also, I really have to laugh at the way some people are so specific about pointing out what type of tv they have during this kind of incident, as if it were a lesser, more normal tv they wouldn't be concerned about it breaking. 😅

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Also, I really have to laugh at the way some people are so specific about pointing out what type of tv they have during this kind of incident, as if it were a lesser, more normal tv they wouldn't be concerned about it breaking. 😅

Well, yea, if it was a $300 TV I wouldn't give a shit and go buy another one.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Someone out there is wishing the earthquake was stronger so they had an excuse to upgrade to a 4k TV.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Here in Vegas didn't feel a thing or maybe I did, was in a Spider-Man showing. Maybe I felt it blend in with the bass...