• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Best OP I've seen in a while.

Had no idea Kojima and Nicholas Winding Refn were a thing. There's a collaboration I'd like to see more of in the future!

renzollama

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't know if this thread was explicitly created to be a parody of the weird e-celeb cult fetish around Kojima, but man, it's a brilliant one of those regardless. Well done OP.

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
4iga1llvkebtyaduso.gif
If someone can edit the gif (I suck at that job) and put Keighley, Kojima and Mads faces on it, it'll be glorious...

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When military advisor-san was thrown in jail, Kojima didn't even visit him ;_;
Yo, what?

2017-12-04.jpg

" Kojima is Kojima's own best friend... "
2017-12-04.jpg

2017-12-04.jpg

2017-12-04.jpg

"kojima inspires kojima... next question"
2017-12-04.jpg

2017-12-04.jpg
dead2.gif

Like, I randomly encountered Kojima and Shinkawa at last year's San Diego Comic Con. Like so told them they were my favorite game director and artist. Kojima was concerned I was going to have a heart attack. I shook their hands.

This blessed life.

tumblr_m5n222SvRf1rurj8to1_500.gif

Kojima...was a bad friend.
8151.jpg

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Just wanted to be part of this legendary thread.
Geoff will propose to Kojima during The Game Awards.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
At the start of this thread I was, like, "Okay..... This is a bit weird."

But now that it's gone on I'm, like, "Okay... This was worth it."

Proof that you shouldn't judge a thread by its cover!

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I can't believe this thread exists. It's hilarious and cringe enduring at the same time. Bless you mental bastards.

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
landscape-1485355826-mads-mikkelsen-hideo-kojima.jpg

I'm sorry Geoff.

Okay, so we all know about Death Stranding, the first game of Kojima Productions, and all the teasers, images and clues here and there are very interesting, but, by far, the biggest selling point for me is Mads Mikkelsen hanging out with an everlasting smiling Hideo Kojima.

No, for real.

We are seeing how they are bonding and how they are getting together, this makes me hope for Mads's role being a very important role in the game. This situation is unique in the industry and I'm enjoying it more than any trailers or teasers.

My ARG is Kojima having fun with his bro.

Mads-Mikkelsen-and-Hideo-Koijma-4.jpg

See you in The Game Awards

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Serious question --

Did this bromance strictly start only from Death Stranding collaboration?

Or was Mads actually a big fan of Kojima's video games beforehand? As in did Mads actually play/love the MGS games?

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bromance is a trash term

Men can be intimate without some crappy clarification that they're Not GayTM

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Lately Kojima just seems to be having fun with people he likes and respects and it's so nice to see. There's so many stories about him being separate from his team and the public eye during the late part of MGSV development that it makes me happy to see him being able to go wild and be creative with cool people.

geo

Oct 25, 2017
Hyrule
RIGHT?

Like death stranding can be the worst game of all time, but I don't care.

The whole situation, the whole buildup, the trailers, the behind-the-scenes, the kojima bromances - suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper fascinating. The most unique 'situation' in games right now. I'm in love

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Kojima and Mads bromance is selling me more on Death Stranding than anything else

Nah, naked Daryl + weird baby + soldiers connected through organic USB cables + tank with disgusting bowels stuff on it is what is doing for me

Last edited:

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm going to merge this thread with the other Kojima thread.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is not, bromance is when two persons, without looking at their gender, have a plathonic love for each other, admiration and all.

No need to be so rough.
No it's not and when girls do literally any of those things together there's no clarification that they're not actually lesbians

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Serious question --

Did this bromance strictly start only from Death Stranding collaboration?

Or was Mads actually a big fan of Kojima's video games beforehand? As in did Mads actually play/love the MGS games?
Mads son apparently is a mgs fan and when Mads told him he got offered to be in a game by such and such director his son told him to pursue it. You can find this on that one ep when mads visits Kojima in Japan.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I'm going to merge this thread with the other Kojima thread.

This post was meant for that other thread:

Eh I'm not really sure if I'm on board with this whole injecting B List (low A?) stars into all his games. I have a pretty cynical view on it.

Getting Kiefer in MGS over Hayter (assuming that was his decision) strikes me as a bit disingenuous and maybe even a tad pretentious. What was wrong with Hayter? And from what I understand Keifer ended up barely even speaking in the game.

I'm not against the idea on principle or anything, but it just looks to me like Kojima soothing his Hollywood boner to me. You can call that a cynical take, and maybe it is, but are people really clamoring for these stars to star in games? Again, I'm not really against it, but it's not particularly something I want either. Norman Reedus was cool for Silent Hills, I was in board with that. I thought it made sense with a series already heavily inspired by Hollywood movies.

Maybe he just wants to "evolve" the medium. That's about the only thing I muster that is less cynical.

/cynical take

ps. I'm not Kojima's biggest fan but I really like some of his games. That's where it ends for me.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Eh I'm not really sure if I'm on board with this whole injecting B List (low A?) stars into all his games. I have a pretty cynical view on it.

Getting Kiefer in MGS over Hayter (assuming that was his decision) strikes me as a bit disingenuous and maybe even a tad pretentious. What was wrong with Hayter? And from what I understand Keifer ended up barely even speaking in the game.

I'm not against the idea on principle or anything, but it just looks to me like Kojima soothing his Hollywood boner to me. You can call that a cynical take, and maybe it is, but are people really clamoring for these stars to star in games? Again, I'm not really against it, but it's not particularly something I want either. Norman Reedus was cool for Silent Hills, I was in board with that. I thought it made sense with a series already heavily inspired by Hollywood movies.

Maybe he just wants to "evolve" the medium. That's about the only thing I muster that is less cynical.

/cynical take

ps. I'm not Kojima's biggest fan but I really like some of his games. That's where it ends for me.
Yeah im a huge fan of his games but I feel the exact same way. Usually adding celebrities in games and making a big deal about it would kill any interest I have in the game, the only reason I'm still interested is because it's a Kojima game.

I prefer original characters with their own faces by far. Death Stranding could be amazing but I'm not gonna remember any game character who is just a celebrity

Status
Not open for further replies.