• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
It's got to be Mads right? All we can ever hope for is for someone to look at us the way Kojima looks at Mads.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Kojima got some cool friends! His favourite would have to be Mads, though. I met that guy at a convention once and he just exudes coolness. Of course Kojima wants to be around that!

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
2017-12-06.jpg

EkStatiC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
I enjoy this thread and all this situation about kojima but i have a serious question:

How can kojima hang out with so many legendary directors (del toro, park chan wook, refn, miller, and many more) these are all at the top of their craft, we need an investigation...

Oct 27, 2017
If I was Kojima I would be in love with Mads...what is it about Mads that brings us to our knees

Damn, Kojima got some cool friends! His favourite would have to be Mads, though. I met that guy at a convention once and he just exudes coolness. Of course Kojima wants to be around that!

I wanna meet Mads :(

Last edited:

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I enjoy this thread and all this situation about kojima but i have a serious question:

How can kojima hang out with so many legendary directors (del toro, park chan wook, refn, miller, and many more) these are all at the top of their craft, we need an investigation...
Friends always know people. Kojima always showed his love for film, being one of the few auteurs in the game industry maybe got the attention of some of them. Some fans of his work probably told about him to these guys too.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Getting Kiefer in MGS over Hayter (assuming that was his decision) strikes me as a bit disingenuous and maybe even a tad pretentious. What was wrong with Hayter? And from what I understand Keifer ended up barely even speaking in the game.

He was never a fan of Hayer's work. Despite Hayter voicing Snake for over a decade, they never actually met one another. He was chosen by the voice director at the time rather than Kojima himself. Also Snake not having a lot of dialog was something that Kojima had planned years in advance. He specifically noted as far back as 2008 that he wanted to scale back cutscenes in an effort to approach them a different way.

I'm not against the idea on principle or anything, but it just looks to me like Kojima soothing his Hollywood boner to me. You can call that a cynical take, and maybe it is, but are people really clamoring for these stars to star in games? Again, I'm not really against it, but it's not particularly something I want either. Norman Reedus was cool for Silent Hills, I was in board with that. I thought it made sense with a series already heavily inspired by Hollywood movies.

But all of Kojima's games are ultimately heavily inspired by Hollywood

Metal Gear = Escape from New York
Snatcher = Blade Runner
Policenauts = Lethal Weapon

He's rather open about his obsession with movies

kojima241svg.png

Games are at a point where they can display a real persons likeness to a rather high degree. And he's now seemingly much more involved in casting than he ever was before. So it seems like a natural evolution for him to eventually get to this point. Just look at the old portraits from MG2: Solid Snake

tumblr_mgqcshqwci1rw79jseb.png

d00d3n

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Norman Reedus seemed like the weakest choice in the OP at the time, but I guess that he wins after his TGA speech!

NegativeCero

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just happy this thread exists. Also, Kojima's best friend will be the one who gets him to an Oscar or whatever.

Wzrd

Oct 26, 2017
Portland, Oregon
We are all wrong tbh. Kojima has multiple best friends. I think tonight made it pretty clear. We are all being played like fools believing he has just one.

Include

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know there would be a time when I read celebrity gossips in a gaming forum and actually enjoy it... OP you just took my precious and well guarded cherry.

2th

Oct 27, 2017
So with Norman Reedus saying he'd do anything for Kojima, I think that solidifies that he is the best friend.

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
Kojima had a great showing tonight, who do you think he is drinking with right now?

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It definitely isn't Mads. He wasn't even at the awards in real person nor in videogame form.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can we all agree his best friend is Andrew House after PSX presentation?

They are such bros and the way they talk looking at each other is almost romantic lol.

Linkeds2

Nov 15, 2017
North Bay, CA
How is kojima's English? From past E3's I've always heard him struggle with fluent English or use a translator in other instances. It is hard to believe you can be 'best' friends with someone with a language barrier.

Maybe they're all just really good business associates

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How is kojima's English? From past E3's I've always heard him struggle with fluent English or use a translator in other instances. It is hard to believe you can be 'best' friends with someone with a language barrier.

House speaks fluent japanese

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan

Kojima is almost fluent, but uses translators for business times.

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
He was never a fan of Hayer's work. Despite Hayter voicing Snake for over a decade, they never actually met one another. He was chosen by the voice director at the time rather than Kojima himself. Also Snake not having a lot of dialog was something that Kojima had planned years in advance. He specifically noted as far back as 2008 that he wanted to scale back cutscenes in an effort to approach them a different way.

Was that really fully planned though? I do remember he wanted a bit less dialouge, and an actor who could convey emotions using the face. But at the same time, there are recordings out there with truckloads of dialouge and lines that Sutherland did for MGS V that was cut out entirely for some reason.
I do believe he wanted less lines, but I also think there is slightly less than what was planned. Probably due to the development-problems.

Also, Geoff dropping by and making the best post in the thread is amazing.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Geoff was staring longingly at Hideo when he was on stage with Norman and Del Toro. I wonder if there is trouble in paradise :(

Status
Not open for further replies.