• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

who put the most effort into the destruction of the Patriots?

• Solid/Old Snake

Votes: 96 38.2%
  • Ocelot

Votes: 102 40.6%
  • Big Boss

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • Raiden

Votes: 11 4.4%
  • Other

Votes: 25 10.0%

• Total voters

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Solid/Old Snake
Ocelot
Big Boss
Raiden

I am starting my annual play through of the series and just started wondering, who put the most effort into the destruction of the Patriots?

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Well Ocelot destroyed it but Solid Snake was ideologically and physically opposed to the Patriots in every way, which is why he succeeded where others didn't. He didn't merely want to stick it to the man, it was against everything he believed in

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Solid Snake.
But he was mostly a pawn for em as well he exactly did what they wanted in most games he is in. Ofcourse unknowingly tho.

Jangowuzhere

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Solid Snake climbed down a microwave hallway and got barbecued inside and out.

Snake wins.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Thermodynamically, it's raiden. He must be at least eighty thousand horsepower and burns more energy in five hours of revengeance then all those other guys do in a lifetime.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ocelot basically played the very long con to take down the Patriots.

He sacrificed the most and went through the most, so I'd give it to him.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017

They wouldn't have existed with him in the first place though. It wasn't complete until Snake took out him and Big Boss, albeit inadvertently.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I don't even remember them being taken down. I just remember being really disappointed with that that plot was handled.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They wouldn't have existed with him in the first place though. It wasn't complete until Snake took out him and Big Boss, albeit inadvertently.

Sure... I guess Snake did do the most overall, but Ocelot spent the most time dedicated to fulfilling that endgame.

This is where I feel like I land as well. The man sacrificed his everything. Including his life, knowing Snake would have to kill him. He had to play the part of the villain.

His story is actually quite tragic.

Self sacrifice and loyal to the end.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
it's literally Sunny (and her two dads)

Sure, everyone else played their pieces, but most of them also set up the game to begin with. The problem wouldn't exist if it weren't for the cast of MGS3 being real dumb.

I always thought it was awesome how Sunny and Otacon were the ones to end it, considering they were the ones most personally affected by it and weren't weird super humans or scheming tricksters.

OP
OP
AndrewDean84

AndrewDean84

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California

This is where I feel like I land as well. The man sacrificed his everything. Including his life, knowing Snake would have to kill him. He had to play the part of the villain.

Benjamin

Nov 11, 2017
It's been too long, can someone summarise what happened? Or point to somewhere it's explained?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017

The Boss had to do all that and give birth to him. I give it to The Boss.

And imagine being a female infantry soldier during WW2... jesus

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
The La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo?!

Actual answer for topic title: Sunny
Actual answer for subject as per OP's text: Solid Snake/David

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's Solid. Dude killed his father, his brother, and damn near himself to destroy the Patriots. He was also branded a terrorist and gave you any semblance of a normal, functioning life.

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ocelot orchestrated everything to make it happen in the first place.

Snake may have put in the grunt work, but at the end of the day he's just an unwitting pawn being played by Ocelot like a damn fiddle.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
The entire Metal Gear saga was more or less entirely conceived and executed by Ocelot, if you really want to dig down deep into it. The only things you can't give him credit for is the stuff that happened before he was even born, but basically everything from MGS3 in 1964 to his death in 2014 in MGS4 was either orchestrated by Ocelot himself, or Ocelot after having brainwashed his-goddamn-self into being a different guy. Twice. He not only pulled the strings that set the whole plan in motion to take down The Patriots, but he played a pretty instrumental hand in starting The Patriots in the first place.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
The entire Metal Gear saga was more or less entirely conceived and executed by Ocelot, if you really want to dig down deep into it. The only things you can't give him credit for is the stuff that happened before he was even born, but basically everything from MGS3 in 1964 to his death in 2014 in MGS4 was either orchestrated by Ocelot himself, or Ocelot after having brainwashed his-goddamn-self into being a different guy. Twice. He not only pulled the strings that set the whole plan in motion to take down The Patriots, but he played a pretty instrumental hand in starting The Patriots in the first place.
Yeah this, snakes was an important piece of it all and he did his job admirably, but no one else would have come even close to taking them down without ocelots insanely long game planing

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I give it to Ocelot. Even though a lot more helped in their own way I feel like he had the most important part in all of it.
"Who put the most effort?" I'll go with Ocelot too.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Solid Snake climbed down a microwave hallway and got barbecued inside and out.

Snake wins.
Too be fair, he went through that microwave, got fried and passed out.
While Otacons little robot passed through the microwave just fine and did all the programming work necessary.

All Snake did there was suffer.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
like, Ocelot was halfway through his plan to stop the patriots before Snake even knew they existed

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
A lot of the examples of things people did to take down The Patriots were things the The Patriots themselves orchestrated, so I'm not sure those count.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
This reminded me how absolutely insane and stupid MGS4 is in how it explains Ocelot's motivations and actions.

With that in mind, the answer is Ocelot.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
It hasn't been taken down and MGS2/4 is a fictional representative or what our very real government is life so that we will all dismiss such ideas as ludicrous...

If the real Solid Snake/Raiden exists, he is fighting against the political storm.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Ocelot.

He practically deleted himself and took Liquid's identity for 7 years to take them out.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It was Ocelot's convoluted and stupid plan, so him

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
I don't even remember them being taken down. I just remember being really disappointed with that that plot was handled.

Here comes Zero...in a wheeeeeelchair!

It was all your old pals! OMG Big Boss you so sexy, I, like, love you. Yeah, I did not like what happened with the story after MGS3.