• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is the mascot?

• Kratos

• Drake

Results are only viewable after voting.

beetlebum

Nov 24, 2017
Brazil
Kratos is iconic and has a pretty unique appearance.

Nate is literally just a random guy, design-wise. I don't think that makes for good mascot material.

Spicy Noodles

May 29, 2018
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I don't think there is one really one.
The last "It's time to play" commercial youtube thumbnail had Kratos in the middle of the screen, the player on his right and Nathan on the right of the player. So, at the moment, it seems it is Kratos.
And we don't know the future of Nathan while there is 99,9% chance we will see a sequel of GoW on PS5.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
It used to be Crash. They don't have one any more IMO. I don't think you can call a character like Kratos or Drake a "mascot." Same goes for Master Chief. You could say they were the face of Sony or something I suppose but mascot has a clear implication and none of those characters meet it.

But even if you did call a non-mascot character a mascot, I don't think either is as intrinsically linked as Master Chief is to Xbox. Playstation has always had a much wider berth of games that are synonymous with it rather than just one.

Mr.fresh

Oct 31, 2017
Kratos imo, everytime I put God of War on in front of my friends who don't even play anything except 2k instantly recognize him.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
They're a company that sells videogames, not mascots. Most big players left the mascot business. People realized they're just mascots.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Thats what Sony calls it.

They're wrong though.

I've decided this already. Sony is correct in the sense that their face buttons are all shapes, so cross makes sense as its formal name.

But we are way past the point of no return, so colloquially it will always be called the X button and not the Cross Button.