• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who Is The Best Ninja In Video Gaming?

• Gray Fox/Raiden [Metal Gear Series]

• Joe Musashi/Hotsuma [Shinobi Series]

• Scorpion/Sub Zero [Mortal Kombat Series]

• Strider Hiryu [Strider Series]

• Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden Series]

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 25, 2017
There's definitely a lot of options, and my personal pick is the real GOAT Joe Musashi, but I think Ryu takes the cake in terms of being the most recognizable and revered legacy-wise. Scorpion and Sub-Zero would be after that, but mostly because they don't come off as traditional as Ryu. If you were asking the general populace or only asking based on recognition then the MK ninjas would take it easy.

Also shoutouts to Guy from Final Fight.

Shinobi precedes Ninja Gaiden by a year 1987-1988 :P

Edit: I guess that could be read as he is still around/relevant or been around the most generations of games. Actually thinking about it they've had games in the same generations too, with both skipping the PS1/N64 era?

Shinobi had a game on the Saturn, though it didn't star Joe. Funnily enough looking at portables they kinda went back and forth: Ninja Gaiden on the Game Boy/DS/Vita, Shinobi on the Game Gear/GBA/3DS, both skipping the PSP.

Shion

Nov 8, 2017
The GOAT.

pster-games-sega-mega-drive-shadow-dance-30-x-45-cm-D_NQ_NP_791847-MLB25996681798_092017-F.jpg

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Think Ryu wins for me just based on how much fun his games are and how awesome of a weapons master he is. I'd give a vote to Rikimaru and Hotsuma too, since they look rad as fuck.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Well, to make the Thread more interesting, I check some ninja who aren't present. In other words unknown ones because the games don't get release yet:

scf_screen11.jpg

Ninja Team from Super Combat Fighter

DmewWt8UUAgZCZg.jpg

Graffy the Ninja from Blazing Strike

ss_0a7639e0fae1d6f671c8d53d9ce0465b32cc05a6.1920x1080.jpg

Kai from Gravity Circuit

cyshot3.png

[Unknown] from Cyber Shadow

FrdbR6r.png

Ninjakoopas from NInjakoopas: Heroes of Light.

d9e4fd773864a736c94f40ed0393faa0_original.png

Reylee from Bushiden [I think he is a ninja]

DlxGIjqVsAAEh9k.jpg

Ninja Beetles from Ninja Beetles

Cju_UyaXAAApNJu.jpg

Reiko from Rising Spirit

Just to name few of the ninja I know.

OP need more knowledge.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Well, to make the Thread more interesting, I check some ninja who aren't present. In other words unknown ones because the games don't get release yet:

scf_screen11.jpg

Ninja Team from Super Combat Fighter

DmewWt8UUAgZCZg.jpg

Graffy the Ninja from Blazing Strike

ss_0a7639e0fae1d6f671c8d53d9ce0465b32cc05a6.1920x1080.jpg

Kai from Gravity Circuit

cyshot3.png

[Unknown] from Cyber Shadow

FrdbR6r.png

Ninjakoopas from NInjakoopas: Heroes of Light.

d9e4fd773864a736c94f40ed0393faa0_original.png

Reylee from Bushiden [I think he is a ninja]

DlxGIjqVsAAEh9k.jpg

Ninja Beetles from Ninja Beetles

Cju_UyaXAAApNJu.jpg

Reiko from Rising Spirit

Just to name few of the ninja I know.

OP need more knowledge.
Those are incredibly obscure lol

The poll focuses solely on the 8 most OG/currently popular Ninjas.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad I imported the Japanese Mega Drive version of Strider back in 1990 for the box art alone. Plus the Western version censored the "All sons of old gods, die!!" line. I didn't even know he was supposed to be a ninja back then as that's not how they were typically drawn. He seemed more like a sword swinging acrobat.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I had the limit of 5 choices for the poll, so I went with the most historical, popular, recognizable Ninjas.

If there was a 6th option, it would be Rikimaru from Tenchu.

Check the OP for the link to the far more comprehensive Strawpoll on the subject.
Ah okay, to be honest after I posted I had to check the guys name so that kinda justified him not being on the poll. Ha.

Ian Henry

Oct 29, 2017
As much as Ryu Hayabusa and Raiden are the ones that I would've picked.
Strider Hiryu will forever be the GOAT and the best ninja. It's great to see people recognize him though.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
Ryu is obviously the only answer but the real question is who would win in an all vs all battle?

Also, what kind of ninja is named Joe...

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Voted Shinobi...which is currently in 4th place?!

I guess there haven't been any recent releases.
I'm surprised he's in 4th place as well.

When I made the poll, I was sure it would be a close race between Joe Musashi and Ryu Hayabusa.
Ryu is obviously the only answer but the real question is who would win in an all vs all battle?
Great question.

If you go by the original release of Revenge of Shinobi, Joe Musashi takes out Batman, Spider-Man, the Terminator, Godzilla and Rambo; so my money would be on Joe Musashi!

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ryu, not just by easy process of elimination but because of how well he blends classic ninja traits with modern flair. Interesting but familiar, and with two solid settings of which he's a key part.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
what about genji y'all

the disrespect 😩
Finally, a mention. My pick as well.
As I've said several times already - you're only limited to 5 choices on polls here, so I had to pick the most historic, recognizable, iconic and pop-culture-famous Ninjas to fill out the poll results. If you want a more detailed, comprehensive list; check the OP and click on the Strawpoll link.

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
my favourite ninjas are the ones who are american musclemen and fight with two handed battleaxes and wear brightly coloured clothing as they run around in brought daylight and their masters are from switzerland

anyway to be seriously ninja gaiden on the nes owns

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
not sure if links are just broken but i cant tell what post you're trying to refer me to
It's my response under the 2 quotes:
Black Chamber said:
As I've said several times already - you're only limited to 5 choices on polls here, so I had to pick the most historic, recognizable, iconic and pop-culture-famous Ninjas to fill out the poll results. If you want a more detailed, comprehensive list; check the OP and click on the Strawpoll link.