• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who Is The Best Ninja In Video Gaming?

• Gray Fox/Raiden [Metal Gear Series]

• Joe Musashi/Hotsuma [Shinobi Series]

• Scorpion/Sub Zero [Mortal Kombat Series]

• Strider Hiryu [Strider Series]

• Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden Series]

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
oh ok, didnt see that

shes still not on the strawpoll though :(
Yeah, after I submitted it I thought of three or four other Ninja characters that I had forgotten about - Kasumi being one of them.

That being said, being limited by the amount of poll choices I had to do it by series - and no one is more recognizable from the Ninja Gaiden series than Ryu Hayabusa.

Kasumi is kick ass though!

Straw poll has 'ninja' Sam Fisher but no Yoshimitsu?
Yoshimitsu is portrayed more like a Samurai than a Ninja.

However, he is one of the four that I didn't think of in time for my poll.

Painguy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
California
latest

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I liked Shinobi 3 as a kid but the cyborg ninjas in MGS were always so cool. I was glad we could finally play one properly in Revengeance, even though the game didn't really turn out how I had hoped (more acrobatics and stealth moves rather then being a straight up beat em up).

Also, not in the poll : Bakuryu from the first Bloody Roar.

latest

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
With all these good ninjas mentioned, we need to ask ourselves who is the worst ninja in gaming?

And no, let's not count the twitch streamer.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
I've never played a Mystical Ninja game in my life and even I know you fucked up by not including Goemon.

I'd vote Chipp from Guilty Gear if he was an option just because I main him, but as far as the coolest I'd say MGR Raiden. But as far as actual ninja-ninjas go, Strider looks the coolest and Ryu is the most ninja-y.

Last edited:

j^aws

Oct 31, 2017
UK
sDAkmHx.jpg

Didn't see Shinobi spinoff: Hibana from Nightshade/ Kunoichi... Probably the best scarf in ninjitsu.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Why isn't Sheik even in the straw poll? =/

I guess Goemon out of all the available options.

EDIT: Oh, Ibuki is not in that straw poll either wtf

Oct 25, 2017
Shadow from FF6. He seems like a cool honorable guy and has a dog and I feel bad because the first time I didn't wait long enough for him.

Also Ninja Turtles for runner up because they have ninja in their name which automatically puts them above most anyone else.