• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best Turtle

• Leonardo

Votes: 221 23.8%
  • Donatello

Votes: 304 32.7%
  • Michelangelo

Votes: 196 21.1%
  • Raphael

Votes: 209 22.5%

• Total voters
Oct 31, 2017
They are all the best turtle, seriously.

Ralph was my favorite as a kid, but Donnie became my favorite as a teen. Hard to not love them all, though.

Donnie deniers need to realize it's not 1994 anymore.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I've talked about this before, but there was a scene in the TMNT movie I vividly remember seeing as a kid but definitely wasn't in the VHS version. It was when the turtles are all at the farm with April, and they're training together. Leo turns his bandanna around to blindfold himself and whoops everyone else's ass. That's why he was my favorite.

I've seen screenshots of this scene, so I know it existed, but the question is how the hell I even saw it in the first place since as far as I know it was cut from the film.

" This scene is also pretty well documented, and bits and pieces of it can be seen in the actual movie. I've scanned a few stickers, trading cards, and pics taken from a book and magazine from this part, "

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
Don leading? God damnit you nerds.

It's Leo. He became the 'standard' choice, because people could easily see he's the best.
Then people started to become self-conscious about picking the most popular (and correct) choice, fearing they're basic bitches.
But it's still Leo. The turtle named after DiCaprio.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boring responsible people vote Leo.
Edge Lords vote Raph.
Nerds vote Don.
People who realise the entire concept is ridiculous vote Mikey.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
lol Don first and Mikey last wtf

Z7HeRxU.png

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I miss 1989 Raphael who was the funny wise-cracking one in the group, without any of the edgelord anger issues.

Kommodore

Oct 27, 2017
Man I love how their characters are so well defined, how they contrast and compare so well that its so easy to fall into which is best for you. It's almost like you can ask anyone you don't know who their favorite turtle is and make some solid assumptions about who they are. I think Mikey is most emblematic of what the turtles are as a cultural thing. Leo and Raph's book end of how different they are and how much they test each other is the most compelling thing about them as a group. Don is between them all, and the machine he's building is ultimately them. But the best? Gun to my head, if I'm facing 100 foot clan in an alley and I can only pick one of them to save my life? I'm taking Leo without hesitation because he's always been the best of them when it truly matters and all you fucking know it.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The others all have cool personality quirks or tech skills, but let's be real: if the entire planet is in danger, and I need the BEST turtle to have a shot at saving the day, I'm going with Leo. He's the most even of them all. He's got the kindness of Mike, the ferocity of Raph, and the general intelligence of Don. All the others can do one thing very, very well, while Leo does pretty much everything well.

Like, depending on the situation, if I need a bruiser, I'll go with Raph. If I need some science to save the world, I go with Don. If I need to win a sick-ass break dancing contest, I go with Mike. But if all you tell me is some shit is going down in general and I need help, you bet your ass I'm going with the most serious turtle. The one the others identify as the leader.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, the Ninja Turtles are so rad. I remember being a kid, and literally dreaming about meeting them. The very first fandom I ever became a part of. I had a suitcase of the toys. I'd set the VCR to record them on saturday mornings. One of the only arcade games I ever beat in the arcade was the TMNT arcade cabinet with my dad. I was Leo.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I like Don's character the most, but it's Leo.

He's the leader.
He's the only one with weapons that actually cut things, which is weird considering they frequently fight robots. Actually he has the only practical weapons period.
...that's it. I can't think of a third point.

Oh I guess he's the most level-headed as well, personality wise, but that varies depending on the series. And also kinda makes him boring.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As a kid in the 80's I wasn't allowed to watch Ninja Turtles movies or show even though I loved the look of them from afar. I played the arcade game when I could. I loved Donatello especially for the bo. I didn't really know their personalities beyond that. I don't know why I like a wooden stick beyond a sword or other weapon, but I always have. Donatello is the best!

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Leondardo is the choice for all the boring people

Donatello is a fucking nerd

Raph is probably excited for the My Chemical Romance reunion

Mikey is the cool one who actually just wants to chill and be your bro. He also technically lasted the longest 1v1 against Shredder in the movie.

Mikey is the most talented in terms of raw skill and talent. Obviously doesnt have the dedication or intent like raph or leo do but hes got the base stats. I think the 2012 series leaned into this.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
For me it's definitely Leo. For a very short time when I was a kid it changed to Raph but I got over him quick. I'm always drawn to leader types though. Guys you want if shit hits the fan.

Mazzo

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Donny because of that sweet reach with his staff in Turtles in Time. Then Raph, Leo, and Mikey last because he is annoying and has terrible taste in pizza.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Fuck, the Ninja Turtles are so rad. I remember being a kid, and literally dreaming about meeting them. The very first fandom I ever became a part of. I had a suitcase of the toys. I'd set the VCR to record them on saturday mornings. One of the only arcade games I ever beat in the arcade was the TMNT arcade cabinet with my dad. I was Leo.

Lol I've been reading this thread and thinking the same thing. The Ninja Turtles may be one of the coolest creations I've ever been into.

Raph is the best ;)