• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is the worst character in Naruto?

• Obito

Votes: 42 5.9%
  • Sakura

Votes: 247 34.7%
  • Black Zetsu/Kaguya

Votes: 108 15.2%
  • Kabuto/Orochimaru

Votes: 11 1.5%
  • Danzo/The 3rd Hokage

Votes: 15 2.1%
  • The Sauce

Votes: 288 40.5%

• Total voters
Oct 26, 2017
Option 1: Obito

Obito in Part 1 is basically just backstory for Kakashi and he works fine as backstory for Kakashi. We could learn more about his character so that we feel more about his death, but he's not horrible in Part 1.

In Part 2... Obito is revealed to have survived having his body crushed by instinctively using Kamui, the most powerful move in Naruto arguably, as a child. After he phases through the cave, he is then found by one of the strongest ninja to ever live, Madara, who then gives Obito Hashirama's cells, making Obito absurdly overpowered. Obito then decides to become to a mass murdering terrorist because he's sad that his former teammate decided to let herself die. Obito controls the Nine Tailed Fox and has it attack the village and causes all of Naruto's pain in life, then does a lot of other killing while having the plan of putting people in The Matrix because he's sad.

Of course, the main issue with Obito is how the series views him which is shown via Naruto.

JM4XamP.png

Obito's crimes against humanity are forgiven VERY easily by the series even though his motivation is... not great.

Obito combines soap opera garbage common to anime with forgiving villains way too easily common to anime but the tropes are taken much further with Obito than most other anime characters.

2. Sakura

Arguably the example of misogyny in anime, Sakura at least is physically strong and the author includes her in the final fights. Sakura's design is also generally good. That's where the positives end as Sakura is defined by her relationship with Sasuke. The issue is that they don't... have a relationship almost... Sakura has a crush on Sasuke when they're kids, Sasuke belittles her constantly and then betrays her, then the next several years are of Sasuke being a terrorist where he occasionally almost kills her. After Sasuke loses to Naruto in a fight and becomes... forgiven somehow? Sasuke and Sakura get married for reasons, have a child for reasons, and then Sasuke leaves to do ineffectual scouting work for the next decade or so, abandoning and almost never communicating with Sakura or his child.

There's literally no good reason ever suggested for why Sakura loves Sasuke other than that she thinks he's hot and yet Sakura marries a man who tried to kill her and many others.

3. Black Zetsu/Kaguya

Kaguya is quite literally a Giant Space Flea Out of Nowhere as the final boss with basically no character motivation. Her son, Black Zetsu is where things get much worse though. The show undermines all of its prior meaning and themes by showing that Black Zetsu manipulated all events in the entire series to revive his mother and it's like... why would you do this to your own series. Do you hate the fact that that were meaningful, relevant events before the final battle. Two horrible characters that only subtracted from the series.

4. Kabuto/Orochimaru

Two more war criminals that get off the hook prettttty easy in Naruto. Orochimaru did Nazi like experiments on children and was a mass murderer. Kabuto's revival of the dead lead to... all of the issues that threatened the world at the end of the series. Neither faces any punishment... It's not good.

5. Danzo/The 3rd Hokage

Danzo is a cynical "for the greater good" type villain who is supposedly working in the best interests of the village. One issue that starts off right away is that Danzo is one of the dumbest people to ever live with literally all of his cruel plans backfiring and creating main series villains. This could be a somewhat interesting twist on the characters who pretend they're helping the world with their cruelty when they're actually undermining defense strategy while being cruel, Danzo could kind of be like Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men this way... The second major issue is that Danzo is treated with kids gloves by the 3rd Hokage despite Danzo being impossibly stupid and comically evil, with the 3rd Hokage even forgiving Danzo's attempted assassination of himself. Then the character becomes... very frustrating to say the least. Whether this horrible feeling character is due to Danzo or the 3rd Hokage is difficult to determine.

6. The Sauce (Sasuke)

Sasuke is yet another war criminal who gets off with no consequences but he has all the annoying things of being a main character also and thus gaining bullshit powerups all the time and having a fuckton of series focus. Sasuke's motivations after Itachi dies are... incoherent at best and he grasps the Idiot Ball firmly for hundreds of issues just so that the plot can be advanced.

Time to vote.

Last edited:

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok this is hard because i hate a lot of them by part 2. Hmmmmmm

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Sakura's the only option.

And you couldn't find a non Mangapanda screencap?

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We all know who it is. Its that pink haired brat

Why are you people going for Sakura?
Do you forget that Sasuke exist

Sasuke at least had a good thing going from early Naruto. Sakura has been gutter trash from the start and the 5 seconds where she was hype in early shippuden doesnt make up for it.

Intrinsically a lot of her awfulness is directly tied to Sasuke (because of garbo writing but I digress) and refusing to move on from the character. Naruto himself is a idiot for this exact reason, but at least he doesnt marry the guy that tried to kill him multiple times and have a whole story arc based around wether or not the the daughter they have is actually his.

Last edited:

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Memes for days, but I liked Sasuke's arc - ye it became annoying at times, but him and Naruto were the only ones I felt anything for in this whole manga/anime. Character development in general was pretty weak in this tbh - and I would have loved to have gotten to know a lot of the shinobi more.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
As bad as Sauke is, he can't stop this from being the easiest poll I've ever answered.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Probably Sakura.

Thought about Kabuto and the no punishment thing, its kinda iffy. Izanami is basically a rehabilitation jutsu that goes on as long as needed. It's like a compressed prison sentence.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
I'd be interested to see who is considered among the best characters in the series. Kakashi and Shikamaru maybe?

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
The fact Sakura is on this poll but not Madara is, uh, wild. But I suppose I should just be thankful Hinata isn't on it, because I was ready to go full Hyuga defense force in here.

Of the choices though, it's clearly Sasuke. There's no question. Obito is next. I wouldn't consider the others bad characters so much, especially if you take the anime into account.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We all know who it is. Its that pink haired brat

Sasuke at least had a good thing going from early Naruto. Sakura has been gutter trash from the start and the 5 seconds where she was hype in early shippuden doesnt make up for it.

Intrinsically a lot of her awfulness is directly tied to Sasuke (because of garbo writing but I digress) and refusing to move on from the character. Naruto himself is a idiot for this exact reason, but at least he doesnt marry the guy that tried to kill him multiple times and have a whole story arc based around wether or not the the daughter they have is actually his.
Oh he just make that guy has best friend in the world. Like Sakura sucks but she is not one of the reasons why Naruto part 2 is a disappointment

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
I never even watched past the first half of the anime but even I know that the Sauce is the worst character in it.

He's the only anime character I hate more than Bakugo.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I personally hate Obito because of what he did to my beloved Minato & Kushina. :'(

But honestly Sasuke is the dumbest, it's like he went bad for such a dumb reason then seemed too stubborn/ashamed to admit it so he just kept up the IM BAD! thing even after it was obvious he shouldn't be. Causing all sorts of more problems because of it.

Sasuke: "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH ITACHI, I'M GONNA IGNORE YOUR WISHES AND BELIEFS COMPLETELY THOUGH OK?"

Itachi: "Wtf?"

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Out of the ones on the poll it's Danzo. He's pretty much a filler character, his motivations make no sense, how he wasn't killed/stopped earlier makes no sense. How the 3rd hokage doesn't kill him earlier or banish him makes no sense. How there is a secret Anbu in the already secret Anbu makes no sense. All the others on the poll are fine.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Also I voted Sakura initially by accident because my brain made me think it said Sasuke lol. Lucky you can change vote! Maybe thats the reason why she is getting pwned atm. :P

Or people just don't like her.

Glasfrut

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sakura. But The Sauce is a real close second. I guess they really were made for each other.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Agreed. Zabuza and Haku were good too. Did any of Naruto or Boruto filler ever brought these 2 back? Because they should.
Canonically they came back as Edo Tensei zombies in the war arc. Got a nice little power boost too. A lot of people attribute it to Kabuto but I honestly think that Kishi just realized how woefully underpowered they were and retconned their power like he more or less did with Kakashi over time.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Obito is a moron who caused all this shitty stuff to happen for a realllllly dumb reason, but at least when he was little he was pretty cool I guess?

Sasuke was always a moron.

Actually I like him now as a terrible absent father character, him trying to connect with Sarada and having no idea at all made me laugh so much.

7zkAEvh.jpg

TbhHRgW.jpg

(Nar f**k you Obito, Minato was your sensei you shouldn't have turned out a shithead.)

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
hat's where the positives end as Sakura is defined by her relationship with Sasuke. The issue is that they don't... have a relationship almost... Sakura has a crush on Sasuke when they're kids, Sasuke belittles her constantly and then betrays her, then the next several years are of Sasuke being a terrorist where he occasionally almost kills her. After Sasuke loses to Naruto in a fight and becomes... forgiven somehow? Sasuke and Sakura get married for reasons, have a child for reasons, and then Sasuke leaves to do ineffectual scouting work for the next decade or so, abandoning and almost never communicating with Sakura or his child.
This isn't as much a problem with Naruto as it is a problem with shonen manga in general. Relationships rarely evolve beyond crushes, when they do a time skip is usually involved and suddenly they're married with a kid, much of the time pairings don't make sense, and the woman almost always ends up being a mild-mannered housewife, even if she's a top level assassin or something.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It'll always be edgyboi sauce. Like another poster said he's bakugo levels of shit character, the one positive that he has over him is that he doesn't constantly scream like an abrasive asshole.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Sasuke is basically the main reason that Naruto part 2 goes to shit, so it has to be him