• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017

Who is that flying mask at the back with Dr. Cortex? It looks nothing like Uka Uka from Crash so I'm thinking maybe it's a character from a different series? Does anyone know?

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Would be rad if that were a tease indeed, it's fairly likely they'll be announcing a new crash game next year so...

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Could be from an unannounced Crash game.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Ah man. Do you guys think they'll make a new Crash game a PS4 exclusive for a year or so? Like they did with N Sane? I played N Sane on my Switch and got CTR on there too but I'd get it on PS4 just to day one it.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Kinda thought it was the Uka Uka redesign from Crash of The Titans for a split second at first. Lol

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Ah man. Do you guys think they'll make a new Crash game a PS4 exclusive for a year or so? Like they did with N Sane? I played N Sane on my Switch and got CTR on there too but I'd get it on PS4 just to day one it.
Based on Spyro and CTR and I think the time exclusivity was just a one time thing with N-Sanity.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
It seems extremely different from anything seen in the series, including the Elementals. My gut feeling tells me its from another series, but which, I ask

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
User warned: Spamming across multiple threads
Looks like capcom is back to me

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
For CTR:NF. Playstation only had some exclusive content and marketing for the game. May be the same thing again for the new Crash game.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
For CTR:NF. Playstation only had some exclusive content and marketing for the game. May be the same thing again for the new Crash game.

I'd take it. Not a huge fan of platform exclusive content but it's a better result than platform exclusivity for a year.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
most future crash game main marketing will more then likely be the PS versions i would guess and maybe some other extras is possible

other then that i'm pretty sure that crash games should see releases on other systems as well

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Good time to remember other redesigns were leaked a few months ago

OP
OP
stinkyguy666

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
fAxoZTr_d.jpg

(on far left)

XZmhTWU_d.jpg

Took some up close screenshots

Pretty interesting how it sort of has glowing blue lights on it. I think this is definitely a tease at a new character.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
fAxoZTr_d.jpg

(on far left)

XZmhTWU_d.jpg

Took some up close screenshots

Pretty interesting how it sort of has glowing blue lights on it. I think this is definitely a tease at a new character.
Yeah this is too much effort to be a mistake. Unless it's from another franchise, but it even fits the Tiki style

What redesigns? Can you post a link?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mysterious-new-crash-bandicoot-designs-leaked-by-accident.136641/

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Speculation aside this is a really cool commercial. So nice to see Crash and Cloud in Playstation adverts again.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is some kind of hint at a new game. I still can't get over Crash Bandicoot being back in the spotlight.

Oct 28, 2017
Probably a character from an unannounced Crash game. What has Vicarious Visions been up to since N. Sane Trilogy came out in 2017?

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Completely missed this thread back on Tuesday.

http:///pKLd.gif

New antagonist for the next Crash game would be cool.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Crash game within launch year of the PS5? Will sell like hotcakes.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Oh this is very cool. I just kinda realized CTR can just keep adding characters from new games as well...neat!

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Makes me think CTR might get original characters. Man, is Beenox doing some amazing work with that game, far beyond anyone's expectations.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude if they took any of the redone Nitro Fueled tracks and turned them into platforming levels for a new Crash game on PS5, with modern platforming quality of life enhancements....

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Fuck, I'm hyped!
I'm PRAYING for this to be a tease of what VV's original Crash platformer has in store for us.

I can't think of what else it could be, to be honest. If it were an existing mask from the Crash franchise, I'm sure someone would've called it by now. Likewise if it were some kind of easter egg from a different IP, surely someone would've noticed.

I wondered if some artist working on the commercial just thought "Hey, maybe I'll make some new weird mask to put in here", but with a major promo like this, I doubt the higher ups would be letting people just do their own thing. If they had all the other assets already, it'd make no sense to not just use Uka Uka, or even the Velo mask if they're feeling particularly sassy. It even blinks and moves its mouth; someone spent time on it.

The only other thing I could see it being is new content coming to CTR:NF.