• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Snazz

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I honestly can't think of anything that I've seen on here and felt like it annoyed me. I really like this place. Some of the posts in this thread raised a smile. I can see why some of the stuff could be annoying, but I wouldn't let it bother me.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
People who don't read the OP. It's literally reading a few paragraphs, it won't kill you.

Also people who get mad for someone not knowing a particular topic has been discussed in the page 12 of a 48 page thread.

Amory

Oct 27, 2017
All the memes that were played out 5 years ago that people still feel obligated to post.

"You are already dead" is not funny anymore.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
"recommend me some anime"

.... the medium is freaking huge, people will recommend what they like the most and everyone will have different opinions... you would get the same result just by googling... and you could be even more lost after having tons of different recommendations (that often contradict each others)

i never saw it for the rest, like "recommend me a book, recommend me a movie"... it's only with anime! I don't bother to post in these threads, my answer would just get lost in the sea of recommendations

In the same way, when OP is really specific about what they want, some people will streeeeeeetch it so much just to find one common point between what op wants and their favourite anime/game/movie so that they can recommend it!

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
There's a moderator here who always seems to interject themselves into threads, and tries to be the center of attention. It's like that friend who, okay you're cool, but you don't need to make everything about you in a thread that really has nothing to do with you... It reeks of insecurity and the need for acceptance. Even in some of the more serious threads, I've seen some attention-seeking "levity" that is just head scratching. Like dude, just post. We get you're a mod, and "prominent" member, but just be cool.

This doesn't really bother me but the fact that I immediately knew who you're talking about did make me lol.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
When a mods post in threads, but wont fix the thread titles where the grammar is so bad you have to read it 3 times to understand what it means.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest one at the moment is how some people seem to not want to actually discuss things, they just want to blurt out half a thought and have everyone else blurt out the same thing.
There is nothing worse than someone bothering to respond to you with the most hollow of nonsense like "You can't be serious." or "You are trolling." and that is all they bring to table.

Also, still hating on the "This is the worst movie/game/book/etc. I have ever seen." hyperbolic bullshit.

LatteToGo

Oct 28, 2017
I hate it when there's a thread about something supernatural like divine being, religion, ghost experience out of nowhere some prick posted "I don't believe in ghost, God, alien etc and you should too". Okay, we get it, you're cool and edgy but c'mon man why can't you just mind your business and don't shitpost on other thread.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
People who post screenshots without any text when appropriate. Not everyone knows your niche reference lol.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
"Am I the only one who..."

No, motherfucker, you're not. Goddamn.

Nothing really bothers me anymore. However, people who are just unnecessarily rude and abrasive irritate me. There are just some posters who perpetually have a chip on their shoulder and just bitter all the time. I almost wanna ask what their deal is (naturally, that's what I would do IRL), but wouldn't work in this form of communication.

Life's too short to be angry all the time. I mean, I'm depressed and angry as hell 99% of the time, but I can't let that control me or let others see me sweat. Or, take my inner demons out on others. That isn't fair. Just gotta keep moving forward and hope for the best.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I hate it when there's a thread about something supernatural like divine being, religion, ghost experience out of nowhere some prick posted "I don't believe in ghost, God, alien etc and you should too". Okay, we get it, you're cool and edgy but c'mon man why can't you just mind your business and don't shitpost on other thread.

Dismissive posts that basically just say "this thread doesn't apply to me but I'm going to post anyway," are just so annoying. Like that "What did you get for Christmas?" thread that had a ton of posts that literally just said they don't do Christmas/Christmas presents, often with a condescending "Christmas is for kids" tone. I remember someone saying that the thread (or people in the thread, they didn't actually elaborate much) should be more 'inclusive' as if it wasn't blatantly obvious what the thread was about from the title.

Oct 27, 2017
These aren't specific to ERA:

Stealth threads

The idea that atleast half the first page of a new thread will be filled with hollow drive by posts.

When you post in a thread and then the thread completely dies soon after that.

When I write something that I feel is worthy of engagement and then someone writes something very similar and people quote and engage with them.

When an OP babysits a thread too much and like every other post is from them

I hate how quickly some threads can turn into mini eco chambers. It turns into this 'electoral college' type feeling of should I post in here with similar sentiments knowing that I don't have anything to add to the conversation or do I offer a dissenting viewpoint and potentially get trounced for not towing the line. This is magnified for really controversial threads. I like being able to pop in on page 10 or 15 and see that the discussion is varied enough where it feels like you still have a fresh perspective to contribute

Like I said, these aren't specific to era but they tend to bug me all the same when I see them pop up

Last edited:

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
When a question has already been answered, but people will keep answering it. A few minutes off, I'm fine with that because you were obviously typing out your reply when the answer came in. I'm talking about people that do it +10 minutes later, it's quite obvious you didn't read the thread and just have to chime in on every little thing.

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Saw a thread today with having 3 people at the same time making the "You know what Ellie..." joke. Two of them edited their posts with "beaten".

Yeah, that joke is too old

AYZON

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
The only thing I can think of is the usage of too many abbreviation and expecting everyone to know what they mean. There are some that are quite common but for example when someone starts using them on names 99% of the time im not going to know what its supposed to be.

Unfortunately I dont have any concrete example.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
The "should I have kids" threads. They always devolve into "fuck having kids and fuck your kids too" posters vs "you'll want kids when you're older" posters. Just give your advice without belittling or insulting other posters.

In fact that last sentence should be the overarching point of all advice threads on here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I know this sounds a bit abstract, but why does it seem like people can't see your positive thoughts on things sometimes?

Like, in another thread I predicted that a game would be "a comparatively low budget affair that will disappoint at first but will be an original and well-made game with a unique co-op focus." and the only replies I get are on the slightly negative points as if they were the only things I had said.

It just gets to me, and after a while I tend not to reply to further quotes as I'll just end up feeling guilty of dragging the thread into negativity.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
If there is a somewhat controversial topic or unpopular opinion contained in the OP the barrage of "this should be fun" posts and other similar sentiments are irritating, often detail the thread more than the "hot takes" that come in afterwards and get the thread off on the wrong foot.

Plum

May 31, 2018
"Read it again," or anything similar. I can never read that in anything but the most condescending tone possible.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Also posts in threads that
"When does this get good"
"What can I expect"
"Naruto sucks" thread #367
We get some many goddamn Naruto/DBZ threads about how much "____ sucks" but god forbid we get a One Piece thread despite being one of the most popular anime on Earth. And y'all don't look at me I'm still reading Whole Cake Island

Oct 28, 2017
"We need to talk about..."

tenor16wkn3.gif

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
"I've only played/watched/listened/read 30 minutes of X 50 hour long experience but it is total garbage and here is a thread dedicated to my extremely uninformed and incomplete view"

Even when these threads backfire, it's so annoying to see people do this. Same with the "There has been one bad episode or season of a show, it is failing and is irredeemable" threads that crop up from time to time. All these do is discount the ability for something to swing back, and create a negative feedback loop.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"People still do [insert unquestionably popular thing]?" drive-by posts.

Just drives me insane.