• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
You know the poster. Some celeb says something they disagree with and instead of stating what their beef is, they type in a dismissive "Who?", snicker, then push post as they pat themselves on the back for their creativity and biting wit.

Fuck those posters. If you don't know "who?", fucking Google. Or Bing, because I have to imagine only Bing-using shitlords would still think that was funny.

Look, far be it from me to be the shitpost police. I know I've made my fair share (insert your shit thread joke here). But goddamnit. It's so fucking stupid and lazy and not even worth the reply space on the thread that it's in. What the fuck man.

Anyway, what are your biggest posting pet peeves? Happy Friday everyone.

Oct 30, 2017
You know the poster. Some celeb says something they disagree with and instead of stating what their beef is, they type in a dismissive "Who?", snicker, then push post as they pat themselves on the back for their creativity and biting wit.

Fuck those posters. If you don't know "who?", fucking Google. Or Bing, because I have to imagine only Bing-using shitlords would still think that was funny.

Look, far be it from me to be the shitpost police. I know I've made my fair share (insert your shit thread joke here). But goddamnit. It's so fucking stupid and lazy and not even worth the reply space on the thread that it's in. What the fuck man.

Anyway, what are your biggest posting pet peeves? Happy Friday everyone.
This.

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes
Ooof
Big Yikes
Cringey
Maximum Cringe

Seriously, fuck yourself and say something of value in response to bad or concerning things.

I'm fine with the words used properly, but some people just crowbar "toxicity", "gaslighting", "problematic" into sentences to sound smarter half the time. Gaslighting is not a synonym for lying.

"You must not be a parent."
Some people need this the way they go on about "well all you have to do is just ...".

Last edited:

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Lately I've been seeing posts where people say something along the lines of "I would tell you my opinion but I would get dog piled on Era for saying it"

That's shit posting and cowardly at the same time. If you're afraid to post your opinion just don't post at all, it's not constructive to come with that weak shit.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
"I don't understand why everyone likes thing. I don't like it so it has to be bad. Everyone else is wrong."

Oct 26, 2017
"That's not what this thread is about!" Or something similar. Conversations fucking change and move on, folks, especially after 50 pages. And for fuck's sake, don't pull this bullshit out because you are "losing" an argument.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
"Am I The Only One....."

Why yes. You are the special, unique snowflake your parents told you are.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
How about take an extra 20 seconds and write a basic sentence that says who that person is?

What is more disruptive to a thread? A bunch of people saying WHO? (that you already know are going to show up) or you taking a little extra time.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People putting a period at the end of their thread title make me a die a little inside every time.

nwb

Mar 30, 2018
Jumping on a thread on page 20 while only reacting to the first post and ignoring the discussion that's been going on up to that point. Why even post anything if you are not willing to join the discussion?

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"That's the problem with ResetEra. *5 paragraph diatribe of phony intellectualism*"
"Oh, here we go again with stereotypical ResetEra. *5 paragraph diatribe of phony intellectualism*"
"ResetEra never ceases to amaze me. *5 paragraph diatribe of phony intellectualism*"

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What About People Who Capitalize Every Thread Title As If This Is the New York Fucking Times.

That's definitely weird too because it's almost clickbait, in a way, making it seem as though your thread contains a link to a news article with the same title when in fact it doesn't.

Nov 17, 2017
"This" is my pet peeve.

It doesn't add anything to the post or the thread. It just "this." You're basically saying you agree but with even less effort. It just a filler post and usually that quote gets requoted many times to the point of redundancy. Like, your post is the first post and you're quoting the OP. It's essentially just OP's post twice in a row. The only thing worst is when people quote a post and just have a period as their response to it.

I have used "this" in the past. One of things you do and wonder why you do it.

Jumping on a thread on page 20 while only reacting to the first post and ignoring the discussion that's been going on up to that point. Why even post anything if you are not willing to join the discussion?
To be fair, not everyone has time to read a 20 page thread but I do get what you mean. It can be a little annoying when a point has been discussed and argued throughout a thread and someone jumps in to argue something that's been disputed to hell and back.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
oh wow, i use tbh a lot...

i will try to minimize the use of it from now on.

btw i have no problem with almost all the things you guys listed, i enjoy the internet\forum gibber-jabber (is this the right word?).
maybe sometimes some of this expressions are misused or out of place so i can understand the problem.

(sorry for my english)

Last edited:

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People who makes posts that clearly shows they didn't take the time and effort to click on the link in the OP and read the linked article.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
"That's the problem with ResetEra. *5 paragraph diatribe of phony intellectualism*"
"Oh, here we go again with stereotypical ResetEra. *5 paragraph diatribe of phony intellectualism*"
"ResetEra never ceases to amaze me. *5 paragraph diatribe of phony intellectualism*"

I usually skip the 5 paragraphs. That way I can be just as smug for a fraction of the time and effort, making my smug-posting far more efficient than your ordinary poster.

Oct 27, 2017
That's rather unavoidable. What ISN'T is when two posters are having a discussion that has a natural course, and at the end of that course a third party jumps in and quotes one of the posters with a question that would have been answered if they read the beginning of the discussion.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
"Did people really think ________?"

Obviously yes, hence the posts about ________.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
That's rather unavoidable. What ISN'T is when two posters are having a discussion that has a natural course, and at the end of that course a third party jumps in and quotes one of the posters with a question that would have been answered if they read the beginning of the discussion.
I swear this happens to me like 10 times a day but its more than one person in the same thread.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Some people need this the way they go on about "well all you have to do is just ...".

As a parent it's annoying for me to read posts about kids from some person who's only ever had to worry about themselves their whole life as valid parenting advice.

I'm a parent. It's not fair or productive to assume the person doesn't have kids or dismiss their opinion if they don't (assuming it's not off-the-wall stupid). Our pediatrician is amazing and has no kids. There are child psychologists without kids.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a parent. It's not fair or productive to assume the person doesn't have kids or dismiss their opinion if they don't (assuming it's not off-the-wall stupid). Our pediatrician is amazing and has no kids. There are child psychologists without kids.

True but would you ever see a marriage counselor who had never been married?

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough point, I only really break out that line when someone obviously has absolutely no clue what they are talking about.