• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who should Biden choose as his VP to help win the general election?

• Stacey Abrams

• Pete Buttigieg

• Kamala Harris

• Bernie Sanders

• Elizabeth Warren

• Andrew Yang

• Other (please comment)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My heart says Warren, but that would be giving a senate seat to Republicans.

Julian Castro thus makes more sense to me.

MrCheezball

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Why is everyone so high on Abrams. I dont understand that. Duckworth or Harris are the two best picks.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
The VP needs to hit on at least 3 of the 4 for me.

1. Left of Joe
2. POC
3. Younger
4. Woman.

Using those qualifications, and those with some level of national experience. Cory Booker and Kamala Harris would fit that bill for me. As would Val Demmings and Tammy Duckworth. But the last two might be too unknown.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I would love Warren, but I understand if they want someone younger on the ticket. Klobuchar might be best to get the rust belt appeal that cost the 2016 general.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Harris seems to be the most likely choice at the moment, but I think Tammy Duckworth would be a good option as well.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
I'm leaning Harris. I love Warren, but i feel like we need her in the Senate.

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Why on earth did you exclude Klobuchar? She's got to be at the top of his list - she's a woman and from the midwest, which is the only area of the US that is going to actually matter in the election.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I'm torn. Kamala would be great, but so would Warren and - sorry everyone - Amy, for her Midwestern and swing state appeal.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Senator Bernard Sanders (I-Vt.) seems like a strong pick that would encourage leftists and young people that their concerns are being heard.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Ayanna Pressley is the ideal answer. She's a young black woman with a fascinating story, she's a progressive and a member of the squad, she's a Warren surrogate, so that's a concession, and she's in a deeply blue district that they won't have to worry about.

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care, I'll never vote for Biden. Gonna write in Warren and I'm encouraging all my Florida friends to do the same

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
For the record, a mere three presidential nominees in the last forty years have picked another presidential candidate as their VP (Reagan, Kerry, Obama). Not to say Biden won't, because there's picks that line up with what he needs, like Kamala for instance, but it's normally been a non-candidate choice from the Senate, Governors or more rarely the House, which fills in some gap in their appeal or shores up a demographic they need to win.

In this case, Biden will need someone much younger than him, and experienced in public office because his age means it's more possible than usual that they may have to become president during his term, and whoever it is will be the natural choice to run in 2024 or 2028. Look for at least 3 of these 4:

- Much younger
- Female
- POC
- More left

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Julian Castro, get him some experience and exposure. Democratic party needs to start prepping the younger folks too because you can't get older than this primary. Also you're not losing a seat.

Check it out

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love a progressive, but from the way this is going I won't be shocked if he picks a centrist republican. Having to vote for a Biden/Romney ticket is going to be excruciating and will most likely be the last time I vote for a non-progressive as president even if it means having to vote Green Party and essentially throwing away my vote while voting for the most liberal candidates for the House, Senate and local government. I feel completely ignored by the DNC and if it weren't for there being such a buffoon in power, I would vote for third party now in the general.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
I don't care, I'll never vote for Biden. Gonna write in Warren and I'm encouraging all my Florida friends to do the same

73e7d51c235f733cf326a3d3965822ba89426e02.png

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Warren is kind of a bad choice because we can't afford to lose Senators from risky areas.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
This can be discussed in the Democratic Primary OT:

www.resetera.com

Democratic Presidential Primaries & Caucuses |March OT| Last Tuesday was 1000 years ago, old news no one cares about (Discussion Guidelines in OP)

Alright, folks. Now we're playing for alllll the marbles. This OP will be briefer because frankly nobody read the first one anyway and I can't be assed. Super Tuesday Alright, the big one. Super Tuesday is March 3rd this year, and you'd better believe that people are watching it closely. Even...

Status
Not open for further replies.