• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My inking was always that multiple EGM editors/reviewers sometimes published under that moniker over the years.

I really miss those days, the magazine was great back then. Nothing else has really came close other than the 1up years when a bunch of them were on there.

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
They talked about this on 1UP podcasts here and there. It wasn't any one person, if someone heard a juicy rumor they would write it up as Sushi-X, and then they'd make up a bunch of other random stuff to go along with it to balance it out

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Well before some of those guys' times...'Twas

Ken Williams
Scott Parus
Sometimes a mix of editors writing in the Sushi-X voice (hates Game Boy/portable games, loves fighting games)

I worked at EGM from '94 - '04

arturo2666

Oct 25, 2017
My inking was always that multiple EGM editors/reviewers sometimes published under that moniker over the years.

I really miss those days, the magazine was great back then. Nothing else has really came close other than the 1up years when a bunch of them were on there.

Yeah, pretty sure this has been stated on the Giant Bombcast at some point

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna know as well, I'm sure the answer will be kinda boring though... maybe the mystery should remain.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
They talked about this on 1UP podcasts here and there. It wasn't any one person, if someone heard a juicy rumor they would write it up as Sushi-X, and then they'd make up a bunch of other random stuff to go along with it to balance it out

Yeah, pretty sure this has been stated on the Giant Bombcast at some point
Yeah, I think that exact reason was restated by someone on a Giant Bombcast episode a couple months back.

War Eagle

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Wowww nostalgia kick! This thread really shows the age/generation difference of the posters here! (probably)

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I feel old now.

DHXEACQVoAA5q0f.jpg

He was the KazHiraiCEO of my gen.

Streetcleaner

Dec 1, 2017
I remember the fake picture of a young asian kid playing SF2 portrayed as Sushi X printed in EGM. Can't seem to find the pic anywhere though. I believed Sushi X and Sheng Long to be real during those times haha.

Drizzy Finks

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought it was Dan Hsu for no particular reason. Perhaps he was a collective entity.

Rainrir

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sushi X never existed. He is made up.

Is is basically CBOAT of EGM.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I miss those days. Back when it was perfectly fine for Famitsu-style 1-2 sentence reviews.

Rainrir

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Incorrect, though of course as staff changed the 'character' stayed and was written by other people.

I guess the fact that he was ghost written made me think he was a collective entity. Everyone did a good job by it did slip up that Sushi X was the same guy all the time!

Does anyone what happened so Andy...What's his name again? The guy who sorta looked like Weird Al and likes RPGs.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is the thread where you know who's the older guys who read EGM back in the days and who is too young to even know wtf is EGM

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I quite enjoyed the characters and pen names for 90s gaming mags. Egm and gamepro will always have a special place in my heart.

That said, who knows?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought it was either Dan Hsu or a few of the staff back in the days before the internet.