• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who was the funniest member of Whose Line Is It Anyway?

• Colin Mochrie

Votes: 542 59.1%
  • Ryan Stiles

Votes: 267 29.1%
  • Wayne Brady

Votes: 73 8.0%
  • Greg Proops

Votes: 19 2.1%
  • Brad Sherwood

Votes: 4 0.4%
  • Kathryn Greenwood

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 11 1.2%

• Total voters

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
I think Colin and Drew have gone on the record saying that nothing could ever top this bit. iirc Colin even said there's a chunk of footage where they weren't able to continue the scene due to the audience laughing so hard you couldn't hear anything else.
It's sad that they've run this game into the ground in the current seasons when they're clearly never gonna match this no matter how hard they try. It should have been retired at this point.

PlasmaRTD

May 30, 2018
The show is still on.. Ryan makes me laugh the most, Wayne is the most talented overall and Colin might be the best improv comic, but I think Ryan is still funnier.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Colin is the best overall one because he's so goofy and is just a funny guy all around.
Ryan is the best prop guy.

Wayne is almost... too good? Like, he's so refined at improv, that it's less funny, if that makes any sense.

Greg is also funny but is more hit or miss for me.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I liked Tony Slattery and Greg Proops a lot as well. Most of the cast was very good tbh.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Colin and Drew have gone on the record saying that nothing could ever top this bit. iirc Colin even said there's a chunk of footage where they weren't able to continue the scene due to the audience laughing so hard you couldn't hear anything else.

Ryan's delivery of 'THIS ONE'S WET'

Oct 30, 2017
Colin is an improv virtuoso. He knows when the game calls for serious improv and when corpsing will bring the most laughs. Him and Ryan should be lumped together because they're chemistry is excellent.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
Finally, an excuse to post a picture of this dog that looks like Colin Mochrie.

253275_10151399748381087_1663035546_n.jpg

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
wayne's gift is relating to crowds and people. he's funny but not as funny as colin or ryan with the quickness.

but they make a good team, he can grease the crowds up for the humor with his engagement, and colin and ryan run in with the quiet quirkiness and humor.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Colin is hilarious but I think Ryan is my favorite. My favorite parts were always when Ryan and Collin did an infomercial.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
It's been so long since I saw this show that I might feel differently if I watched them today but Ryan Stiles instantly came into my head so I'll have to go with that.

Oct 25, 2017
Colin is the best overall one because he's so goofy and is just a funny guy all around.

Wayne is almost... too good? Like, he's so refined at improv, that it's less funny, if that makes any sense.

This is a pretty good rundown.

Also, if you want to hear Greg Proops doing what he does best re: improvisational comedy, his podcast is fucking amazing, and really a clear demonstration of his absolutely brilliant ability to extemporate at length about literally anything. I can only take a couple episodes here and there, because its honestly exhausting being in his headspace too often.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
It's Ryan. Collin was always good about holding it together to keep a game running, but Ryan usually comes out with the best jokes or bits in any given game. He also usually won when it came to making jokes at the others expense.

Wayne is probably the most talented overall, and several of the games on the show only work because he is on the cast. Also his Chapelle bit is probably the funniest thing any of them have done.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very hard to choose between Ryan and Colin. Them ribbing each other about baldness and large nose is hilarious, remember this one thing (wasn't in Whose Line but them anyway) where Ryan basically breaks character after Colin's nose joke.
EDIT oh, wait, it is in this clip https://youtu.be/C2XASSGxgWI?t=284

NYCrooner

Jan 3, 2018
Ryan, Colin and Wayne are head and shoulders better than anyone else ever. Ryan is the best physical comedian, Colin is the quickest/wittiest, and Wayne is the best singer/talented of the bunch. I could watch the three of them all day.

Overall I go with Ryan.

Oct 31, 2017
Colin Mochrie > Ryan Stiles > Greg Proops for me. Wayne's up there too.

As most everyone has said, Colin & Ryan's dynamic was unmatched.

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Colin and Ryan together, specifically. They played off each other fabulously. They cannot be beat.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Colin and Ryan are almost like one whole person comedically. They play off each other so well.

But Wayne was the best at improv, especially singing.

RightChandMan

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Ryan but Colin is a very very close 2nd.

Side note: I watch the new version from time to time and while I still chuckle now and then, its nowhere near as good as the OG British and American ones.

I don't know....something feels off.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn this thread, started watching clips of the show from youtube.
Laughing too much hurts.

The best damn thing in the show are Colin's and Ryan's animal imitations...

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's Colin, and it's not close, even if I love every other member too.

Also special shoutout to Heather Anne Campbell who, while I'm not sure is here on ERA, was a member of this community back at the old place. Always thought it was cool seeing someone I recognized as a gaming editor going toe-to-toe with Colin, Ryan, and Wayne.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Josie Lawrence on the UK show was pretty damn good too.

Hard to believe that Stephen Fry appeared several times on the UK show as well.

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Josie Lawrence on the UK show was pretty damn good too.

Hard to believe that Stephen Fry appeared several times on the UK show as well.
As it happens I just watched a Stephen Fry episode on Amazon Prime the other day, I loved his lack of even an attempt to sing in the musical game.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
EAgjpbs.jpg

It's a toss up between Colin and Ryan, so both

Also there's lots of clips of it on youtube but this show was hilarious and had all of them and I only found out about it one night bored out of my mind, Jeff B. Davis is hilarious and never got as much air time on Whose Line

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Colin was my favorite. Ryan was very good as well, but I feel like he made it too obvious when he was trying to push the envelope for what the show would air. Colin always seemed more subtle in that regard... maybe it was just the delivery, I dunno

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017

wayne's gift is relating to crowds and people. he's funny but not as funny as colin or ryan with the quickness.

but they make a good team, he can grease the crowds up for the humor with his engagement, and colin and ryan run in with the quiet quirkiness and humor.

Part of why I think Wayne is such a good game show/talk show host.