• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who was the funniest member of Whose Line Is It Anyway?

• Colin Mochrie

Votes: 542 59.1%
  • Ryan Stiles

Votes: 267 29.1%
  • Wayne Brady

Votes: 73 8.0%
  • Greg Proops

Votes: 19 2.1%
  • Brad Sherwood

Votes: 4 0.4%
  • Kathryn Greenwood

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 11 1.2%

• Total voters

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
It's Colin.

And do not sleep on the newer seasons, guys. There are some incredibly good bits that still pop up from time to time

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
I can't decide between Colin and Ryan. It's not Wayne Brady, but he was absolutely integral to the show.

The rotating 4ths were meh mostly

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I think Colin and Ryan are the most hilarious, but I'm disappointed that nobody chose me if only because I post on ResetEra. I'm not even in the poll.
I actually really love the episodes you've been on. You're probably my favorite of the regular guests just because you bring something fresh to the set ups while the other guests usually just enhance the known formula.

Like I posted above, I find the Sideways Scene from that episode an absolute riot and show it to anybody who's not seen the new seasons.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Edit: Wayne might be the most impressive, just due to his sheer talent, but I've never really found him "funny" in a laugh out loud sense, but I always have a smile during his songs.
So this is actually something I've noticed before. Sometimes the guys who are most "talented," where they can just a million different things, get lost on shows like this because they're so often left to just doing their gimmick or doing one note tricks rather than really developing characters and scenes. Good observation! I agree with you.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Ryan Stiles is hands down the funniest IMO. Colin has skill but he does more absurdist humor whereas Ryan appeals to me more with a bit of a cynical edge. My runner-ups would be Greg Proops and Heather Anne Campbell, who is easily the best of the newer cast members.

edit: ignore these posers faithless. i'll shill for you

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Colin, then Ryan and then Wayne.

Three of them together is always a riot.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I think Colin and Ryan are the most hilarious, but I'm disappointed that nobody chose me if only because I post on ResetEra. I'm not even in the poll.

Off topic question for you, but do you and wiger have a number you want to hit before you consider a premium HDTGP on stitcher or patreon? Hell, maybe even a stream which is all the rage now.

Its been fun listening to a gaming podcast again with actual comedians rather than a bunch of video game journalists or fans trying to be comedians. It use to be all I listened to when I started podcasts back in 07 and I eventually dropped them all, so yours has really filled a hole.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
The winner is Colin; by a hair. Ryan is close behind. Ryan+Colin is the best combo, especially when Ryan tries to keep his laughter down.

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
The winner is Colin; by a hair.
f7d.gif

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wow I'm shocked that Wayne has such a small minority of votes, Colin and Ryan were amazing too of course but Wayne was just so absurdly talented

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Tapioca!

Also, "Come!" Things you can say to your dog you cant say to your girl.

Its Colin, the solar-plated sex machine.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
wow I'm shocked that Wayne has such a small minority of votes, Colin and Ryan were amazing too of course but Wayne was just so absurdly talented

Someone said it well earlier, but it really resonated with me. Wayne knew how to play the crowd, his reactions and physical comedy where stronger than all of them not to even forget his musical talents, but how many times did he have a gut punch, the show stops, literal LOL moment? Ryan and Colin where simply stronger in that regard imo.

[redacted]

Dec 28, 2017
Ryan edged out a bit for me, though Colin was the king of solo bits.

Chip was pretty good too, not as sharp on the improv but he'd land lines that would steal the whole sketch.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Colin, then Ryan, then Proops/Brady depending on the episode.

Of course my favourite bit is still Drew fucking up Africa and the entire cast taking the rest of the episode to get digs in on him for it.... And Colin's news report on Colin. Yes, i find it funnier than the Simmons bit.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone said it well earlier, but it really resonated with me. Wayne knew how to play the crowd, his reactions and physical comedy where stronger than all of them not to even forget his musical talents, but how many times did he have a gut punch, the show stops, literal LOL moment? Ryan and Colin where simply stronger in that regard imo.
idk Wayne had me literally bent over crying from laughter sometimes, just as much as Colin and Ryan

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Colin, then Ryan, then Proops/Brady depending on the episode.

Of course my favourite bit is still Drew fucking up Africa and the entire cast taking the rest of the episode to get digs in on him for it.... And Colin's news report on Colin. Yes, i find it funnier than the Simmons bit.

The face of realization when he finally figures it out is legendary.

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Colin wasn't the most consistently funny, but he had some incredible jokes that he committed to that would make you laugh for like 5 minutes straight. They were all fantastic though, amazing group of improvisers.

Call out to Heather from the newer seasons, she's fucking hilarious.

Last edited:

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Colin only beats Ryan by a smidge, but those two together are the best duo on the show. Absolutely hilarious, and the times when they can't hold in their laughter at the other are hilarious.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Colin, easily, followed by Ryan.

Drew next, just because he always sucked.

With the new seasons, Wayne is actually pretty entertaining. Sadly, the show is just the same jokes over and over again now.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Colin, but Ryan is a close second. They work so well together.

But Colin kills it at certain games, especially Newsflash with his puns. Personal favorite:

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
Colin and Ryan are absolutely great together, but I always got exited whenever I saw Greg Proops was going to be in an episode. Something about his humor just really appealed to me.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All of the main trio are vital to the show's success, but Colin is the clear star.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's sad that they've run this game into the ground in the current seasons when they're clearly never gonna match this no matter how hard they try. It should have been retired at this point.
Why? Did they change something or are they just trying to recreate moments like these?
Never seen the new show.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Colin is the funniest.
Ryan is a quite a genius in jokes, humor, wits and comebacks.
Wayne on the other hand despite being very talented in singing,voice and body acting, his improve humor isn't up to Colin/Ryan/Greg level despite doing whose line for several years and still depends on his exaggerated body acting heavily.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Ryan > Colin > Wayne but ranking them seems mean.

New series is just as good so I dunno how some people are so blah about it. Fucking Key from Key and Peele got on it and he was fire plus the 4th players are just as good. (Hi Heather.)

It's just so insane who has been the 4th player at times (Stephen Fry, Colbert, FUCKING ROBIN WILLIAMS)

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I used to always think it was Ryan but as I grew up I realized it's definitely Colin.

Ryan is still great though.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't get into the new show. I didn't like the screen being plastered with Twitter stuff somehow worse than what WWE used to do. And I never found the "let's do a song about this person here to pimp something" thing funny and it happened too often.

Original US and Uk runs had me in stitches constantly.

"What sound does an Artic Turn make?"
"Backstreet boys"

*Ryan and Wayne get ready to duel over damsel Colin*

Wayne and Ryan: "kaching, kaching, kaching"

Colin: "high heel, high heel, high heel"