• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who's on the Box?

• Pichu

• Togepi

• Marill

• Espeon/Umbreon

• Dunsparce

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Seeing that Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee sold a whopping 10 million copies worldwide and has been very well received by critics and fans alike; I think we're going to be due for a return to the region of Johto. With that in mind, which two Pokemon do you think would be the representatives for the Johto Let's Go games and why?

I think Pichu would be a hard lock no matter what since he's part of the world renown Pikachu line and is still very recognizable. Pichu will also get a nice bump in popularity due to its inclusion in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate as a returning fighter. Finally when it comes down to it....Pichu is freakin' adorable! For my second pick I was torn between Marill and Togepi. I went ahead with Marill since she was the "Pikachu" of Gen 2 and the famous "Pikablu" pre-release for Pokemon Gold and Silver, and her design and mouse motif would a nice a parallel to Pichu. Togepi of course was a big part of the anime going from Misty's mysterious egg in season 1 of the show and hatching into the lovable egg baby we know today. I could honestly see Togepi being interchangeable with Marill here for the mascot position but I feel Togepi might be a bit too babyish. I went ahead and made two concept boxarts for my mascot ideas just for fun.

a6b4IuJ.png

Last edited:

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I think smart money is on Espeon and Umbreon.

Pichu and Togepi are another good duo.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Umbreon and Espeon would be very cool. That's basically the reason why Pokémon Colosseum is secretly the best game in the series after Silver and Gold.

Ryan_09

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Fort Wayne, IN, USA
Let's Go to Johto, Pikachu!
Let's Go to Johto, Eevee!

The partner Pikachu/Eevee dimension hopping capabilities and massive marketing appeal make it possible they'll go this route. Especially with Eevee and its evolutions' presence in GS.

Nov 1, 2017
No Pokemon are as marketable as Pikachu and, to a much lesser extent, Eevee. It will just be them again. Casual fans wouldn't recognize the Johto guys on the box and get turned off.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
I was thinking that it would be cool if Johto's Let's Go could be a sequel with the same protagonist with Eevee and Pikachu, but it probably be about a new character with a new starter.

Marill would probably be in it.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Marill and Togepi

I'd prefer it if they let us evolve them this time though. Otherwise they'd need to buff Togepi like crazy.

Jibberhack

Oct 30, 2017
I think togepi is getting a little too much hype here. I don't think it would have the kind of appeal the pikachu or eevee have. I could definitely see pichu, though.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
I can so easily see it being Pikachu and Eevee again with enough care put into making sure consumers don't get confused between the originals and the Johto editions. I really hope it isn't though - give me Let's Go Sneasel and Let's Go Gligar.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I think togepi is getting a little too much hype here. I don't think it would have the kind of appeal the pikachu or eevee have. I could definitely see pichu, though.

Isn't Togepi in the egg, though? It's pretty much a "starter" already. All they'd need to do is make the egg a Marill egg in the Marill version.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
Pichu and Marill are adorable but they're, like, babies. Would playing with them without evolving through the whole game even make sense?

Edit: Wait, I was thinking of Azurill. Marill + someone other than Pichu I'd be down with

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Marill, Togepi, Pichu and Mareep are all good choices.

My bet is Togepi and Marill though.

Brock

Oct 28, 2017
Pewter City Gym
I think Togepi would definitely be one of the starters due to their popularity from the anime. It's hard to know who they would choose as the second starter. I would have a feeling it could be Marril although I would love if they chose Aipom

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, if I was Nintendo I'd probably just call them Let's Go Pikachu 2 and Let's Go Eevee 2.