• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Kobra would be my pick.

I mean it's not new news that SFV didn't so well because Capcom decided not to cater to the Ken fans (SFIV 8m+ sales | SFV ~2m sales). So now is the perfect opportunity for NRS to reintroduce Kobra, just give that dude a hurricane kick, hadouken and shoryuken and watch all those SF fans be there day 1 for MK 11. It would be the best selling MK game to date.
Oh and Johhny Cage is a given. I know MKX introduced the Kombat Kids, but it's just not the same so I hope Cage doesn't get removed in favor for his daughter.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah all the SF fans will forget about the block button, thanks to Kobra, a character no one ever asked for !
(lmao)

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
NRS would have to actually make a quality fighting game to win over SF fans, something they have yet to have shown themselves to be capable of.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want the vast majority to be brand new characters ala Third Strike/Tekken 3.

Also, MK doesn't need SF fans.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Fucking Kobra is not going to win over SF fans while the block button, NRS animations and whatever else it is they like to complain about exists.

Dude will probably never even be playable again.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NRS would have to actually make a quality fighting game to win over SF fans, something they have yet to have shown themselves to be capable of.

Is this a fighting game equivalent of a bait comment? Cause it certainly feels like a bait and if I were to take it I'd say, you know what, I'd rather play Injustice 2 and MKX now, cause those are some quality games with tons of content and a bulky single player... DAY ONE.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Definitely not Kobra haha. NRS games would have to stop being NRS games to win over those types of people though. They want all fighting games to be extremely similar.

But bring back smoke

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Every SF fan does play MK. And then they put it down like a few weeks later like every other person playing NRS games.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
To answer OP's question... Mileena. Eventually, in a post game DLC. I'm sure it'll eventually happen but too bad she's dead after MKX (...'dead').

FoXR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
My boy Kobra is never koming back but I'm still great with him in the games he's in. #BringBackKobra2019

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sareena. Definitely still my pick.
hqdefault.jpg

Girl has one of the most interesting backstories in the whole game, one of the most fascinating character arcs in the franchise, deep connections to some of its most important heroes and villains, and her internal conflict of being a veritable demon struggling to gain humanity and freedom is compelling, with plenty of material to work with to make her gameplay exciting, original, and interesting.

And she's only been playable in a Gameboy Advance spin-off and the middling Armageddon.

Every SF fan does play MK. And then they put it down like a few weeks later like every other person playing NRS games.
Funny that someone mentioned the other day that Mortal Kombat X is STILL in the top 25 most played games on Xbox.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

Last edited:

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018

Havik is one of the few Deadly Alliance/Deception introduced characters that was actually interesting, and I enjoyed what they did with him in the comics. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back.

And obligatory:

Last edited:
OP
OP

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Havoc is a dope choice. Completely forgot about him, but he has a pretty sick design. Bring him and Kobra back.

They might not win over the SFV fans, but they might be able to get the people people who bought SFIV to give MK 11 a chance.

Ah damn. That's why the online is dead for Injustice 2 and MKX on PS4.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The MK community still plays MKX.

I don't even like that game much but this is false.

This is correct.

My brother has 80+ hours on Injustice 2 and still plays it on a weekly basis.

I adore both SF and MK since my childhood etc.

General comments about communities like that are only damaging discussions in the long run. We're all here to benefit as gamers and enjoy as many great games as we can... and both Capcom and NetherRealm are doing their best in the genre. Tekken comes third in my opinion but that's of course entirely subjective. ArcSys are on another level.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
The concept of the other realms within outworld like the ones from where Havik and Hotaru came from, its interesting. So for MK XI i would like to have at least one of those two.

Also Fujin

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

WishMeLux

Nov 20, 2017
MK11 would need Goku for me to pick it up, but I never cared for SF or any of its flavorless stick figures. Let me kamehameha Scorpions nuts off, I'd buy collectors edition day one.

/s I'm already going to get it and please never Goku guest character. SF does feel like fighting with popsicle sticks though. To each their own

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Exclusive console characters
Ps4: sweet tooth
Xbox one and PC: Spinal or Arbiter
Switch: Ridley or better yet

1547231498166.jpg

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Havik, Smoke, Noob Saibot and Fujin should definitely be made playable in this new game, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up too much.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
I'm here for my three classic ninjas. Give me Scorpion, Reptile, and Sub-Zero and the rest is just icing to me.

Although thinking about it, bring back Kabal, too.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
Woof, some of you folks really took the post seriously, huh?

I want Frost, and I think we're getting her which is cool.